W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy elf

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

Tried going to the MS page to get the recovery tool and when I click the link it says "page not found."Phone won't turn off, reset, connect to PC so I can't get into Windows Phone desktop app... I'm at the end of my rope.
Look for the Nokia Lumia restore download from the internet, after you start installing it it'll say Microsoft restore tool. When trying to update my 1520 it went into a loop trying to reset my phone., as soon as I hooked up my phone( when told to do so from the restore tool) it went to the download/restore software and fixed it, if you've used the restore tool before your phone's software download should have been saved. If not it's a 3 gig download and if you have a slow internet connection I would recommend using a download manager/accelerator. The are many free version, I personally use DAP free but h the are hundreds to choose from. Good luck 🍀.

hamburg82

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

UPDATE TO MS HEALTH ISSUES:
If your MS Health app isnt working, uninstall and do a sideload to reinstall. You wont be able to install the latest version directly from the store, so go to online store at windowsphone dot com (sorry i can't post links or I'd provide the direct link), search for MIcrosoft Health, and on the left had side click "Download and install manually". This will download the latest version to your phone, then you can tap it to install from a file viewer.

Make sure you go to Settings > Update & Security > For Developers, then allow sideloading first.
:grin:

Note: This will probably solve issues with other apps that are not working or unavailable as well.

Update: After sideloading the latest version of app, my band stopped syncing again. The workaround is to go to battery usage and add MS Health to the apps that are allowed to work in the background at all times. This seemed to work for me.

Last edited:

David Minkowitz

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

If you double tap on the bottom left hand side (next to the back button on the M8) you automatically lock the screen not sire if this is a bug or a new feature yes I tried a hard rest still happens.

daddepalli

May 21, 2015
Visit site

Arent these apps being retired? There's a bunch f them that are no longer going toe available. I thought the MS Health app as one of them...maybe I am wrong...

rlome

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site

Over the weekend I got up and running on the 10149 build straight from 8.1 Update 2 on my Lumia 735. A few things: Quiet hours icon in action centre is blinking all the time - no way to fix that. And the annoying mobile data dropping is sadly still there. Trying the otpion 3G only now, lt's see if the data lasts more than one day! And Cortana don't speak, only displays the answers. I'm also unable to hear her speak my name and there's no way to teach her - the mic button is unresponsive. Where do you post the feedback to MS on this build from the phone - the Insider Hub is not there?

James 852

May 30, 2014
Visit site

640 - can't see motion data any more. (It was showing up on 10149 as a menu option but never actually loaded)

I did a hard reset, and the number of options in the Extras menu decreased (motion data vanished). So I tried another hard reset, and the number of options decreased to 2 (extras+info and network+).

Now, without me doing anything else apart from go to the Start screen and then go back to Extras, I'm seeing 7 options -
audio
call+SMS filter
display
extras+info
network+
rate us
touch
)

Anyone else seeing options vanish and reappear in the Settings>Extras menu?

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site

Here is my list of 10166 bugs/issues since I installed it on my Lumia 1520.3 on Friday.

1) Start Scren "Loading..." glitch. Start Screen will not load many times per day. Have to use cortana to search any apps I want to use. It randomly fixes itself, after many attempts, or just many minutes later.

2) Sharing photos was broken in last build (hitting the button did nothing), not hitting share works some times, but often it will bring up the sharing options (Facebook, Twitter, Onedrive, etc), but tapping anything on the screen will bring to blank black screen of nothingness.

3) I had my phone unable to send any text messages. Kept failing once. Had to soft reset phone and it fixed itself.

4). My phone crashed and rebooted itself a handful of times.

5) Noticable faster than last build for sure. in all respect, but not up to 8.1 speed yet.

6) When using Lumia Creative Studio to edit image, and returning after saving the changes, it shows the old version of pic. You must back out of photos app altogether, then reenter to see the updated photo.

7) XboxMusic Pass not being recognized at all. It wants me to buy every song and album I already have stored in the cloud collection.

SpideyCoco

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

I'm on a Lumia 720, updated from 8.1 with no issues at all, though I did a hard reset just to start clean. Thing is, I can't even start. After I complete the first setup and it installs apps, my phone got stuck in the "Almost done..." screen, where it should walk you "through setting up your phone's activation". Clicking Next does absolutely nothing.

I tried resetting, putting a SIM card (I was without one so far), but nothing gets me out of this screen

rtwright68

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

I went ahead and re-downloaded 10166, did the hard reset, and set it up as a new phone like I did the first time and now everything appears to be working fine (other than what everyone else has mentioned). Go figure!!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

New? When panning Start rapidly, the screen sometimes doesn't end up at the bottom. In WP8 it would always coast to the end.

Unrelated, is there still a way to hide the comma key? I can't find it.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

Hello Everyone, I'm new in this forum. I'm writing from Portugal

Hellooouu from Croatia :)

Photo app only shows Camera Roll and Saved Pictures albuns... I have much more albuns in SD card but they aren't listed... any idea to fix it

It is well known issue, this universal photo app is more or less completely useless and to make it even worse there is nothing you can do except using file explorer to access those folders and photos...
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...e-new-universal-photo-app-truly-terrible.html

Kids Corner not working... it's active but when I choose it opens my normal Start Screen instead my kid's games... any ideia to fix it?

Not using it at all so...

Np

TheSkeletoN

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

Device: Lumia 1320
Hard reset: Yes
Bug: Screen does not respons after call. System is working (I can change volume etc.), but it does not respons on any touch events (I can't even unlock my phone). After restart it's OK but restart phone after every call is very annoying.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

UPDATE TO MS HEALTH ISSUES:
If your MS Health app isnt working, uninstall and do a sideload to reinstall. You wont be able to install the latest version directly from the store, so go to online store at windowsphone dot com (sorry i can't post links or I'd provide the direct link), search for MIcrosoft Health, and on the left had side click "Download and install manually". This will download the latest version to your phone, then you can tap it to install from a file viewer.

Make sure you go to Settings > Update & Security > For Developers, then allow sideloading first.
:grin:

I wonder if you can help me on this one. Is there anymore to it other than turning on side loading? Tried install Luis camera and it didn't work?

Note: This will probably solve issues with other apps that are not working or unavailable as well.

Update: After sideloading the latest version of app, my band stopped syncing again. The workaround is to go to battery usage and add MS Health to the apps that are allowed to work in the background at all times. This seemed to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs