W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJ66

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

Friends, in my L620,
I am getting 0x80070003 error message while updating it. "Cant update phone". What could be the reason? i tried three times. No luck.

Have anyone faced this issue?

Have you tried running the update while the phone is plugged in to the charger? Had the same error and the update worked for me when I did that

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Did you carry over creative studio from 8.1, as this is one of many Lumia apps I can not download since a hard reset on 1020. I basically can't download them. Says the same on windows phone website after log in!!
Here is my list of 10166 bugs/issues since I installed it on my Lumia 1520.3 on Friday.

1) Start Scren "Loading..." glitch. Start Screen will not load many times per day. Have to use cortana to search any apps I want to use. It randomly fixes itself, after many attempts, or just many minutes later.

2) Sharing photos was broken in last build (hitting the button did nothing), not hitting share works some times, but often it will bring up the sharing options (Facebook, Twitter, Onedrive, etc), but tapping anything on the screen will bring to blank black screen of nothingness.

3) I had my phone unable to send any text messages. Kept failing once. Had to soft reset phone and it fixed itself.

4). My phone crashed and rebooted itself a handful of times.

5) Noticable faster than last build for sure. in all respect, but not up to 8.1 speed yet.

6) When using Lumia Creative Studio to edit image, and returning after saving the changes, it shows the old version of pic. You must back out of photos app altogether, then reenter to see the updated photo.

7) XboxMusic Pass not being recognized at all. It wants me to buy every song and album I already have stored in the cloud collection.

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site

Hello there... Here running Build 10166 on my Lumia 1020 since saturday; upgraded from build 10149. I will post my experiences; some of the bugs maybe are present from the previous build due to the fact the 10166 was released so soon after the 10149 that it didn't give me time even for posting.

Notification icon only clears when swiping down into Action Centre.

Is this a bug? Opening the app with the event does not clear the icon. Only swiping down does.
Don't know whether it's a bug or not, but it happens to me too.

Anyone having problems with music app!? Don't know why but it refuse to play some songs that worked just fine on WP8?!'[...]
Same here.

No problems for me, as a matter of fact WhatsApp is only app capable to goes through albums/folders [[HERE THERE WAS A LINK BUT AS I DON'T HAVE THE MINIMUM POSTS NUMBER I CAN'T POST IT]] that I found so far... [...]
No problems about WhatsApp for me either, but what about that crappy bug on Photos app? I've got it too. I mean, what is that pseudo, completely unusable Albums section? Come on...

Can't turn off the Glance screen. After hard reset, the setting has left the building. Can't reinstall it.
I've just checked and I've seen it on the Extra section on Settings. Give it a try...

Finally used 10.10166 for a day here is my bug list. This is the First version of 10 that I have used more than a few hours (past ones had too many issues for me), at least MMS works on Verizon again (that was the DEAL KILLER on 10149)

1. Using Cortana to reply to texts does not work. I will get a Notification that so and so sent a text andbut, after it prompts for a reply, it just crashes, leaving a lock screen with just the picture nothing more (soft reset didn't fix), this has happened 4 times on day 1.
2. Applications can be spotty at best, a few apps would just open then close right now, try them 3-4 times, they open up.
3. Hey Cortana does not work (says unsupported on my phone that DOES support it).
Neither Cortana (by pressing Search) nor "Hey Cortana" over here... but I've got my phone in Spanish.

[...] 9. The new Xbox Games app, Has a option for "My Games" This only shows 3-5 games, I have about 35 Xbox live games and about 10 non-xbox live games installed, updating it or restarting it has no change here.
3-5 games? Consider yourself lucky. It shows zero games on mine.

10. Setting an alarm (using the Alarm & Clock app) does not show the alarm ICON on the lock screen (as in past versions of Windows Phone)
This bugs comes from all previous builds.

11. On the Notifications pull down, time to time (seen this 2 times on day one) will show all boxes blinking, not showing status, going manually in the settings allows you to change this but, a soft reboot resolves it for a while(power off and back on resolved it).
Same here.

12 Battery draining is happening, in 8.1 I can list all the apps and games that CAN run in the background, WIndows 10 Phone only allows you to adjust this for SELECT apps. There must be app or 2 causing lots back ground drain but, I am unable to find a setting to disable it.
Maybe, or maybe it just drains for no reason (I mean, not caused by any application). But on previous builds the draining was much more violent. At least on the 1020.

13 Loading screen are still common, I think this is the default screen when something crashes and it tries to restart it
Same here.

14. Attempting to add a Ring tone to a Contact pops up needing an App from the store.
Haven't tried.

Does anyone else not have access to any of the Lumia camera apps in build 10166?
Wonder if when you say "Apps" you mean Panorama, Selfie, and etc., or the Lumia Camera app itself. Know that I've heard, and not during this build release but during the 10080 build release, that the Lumia Camera itslef had been replaced but the standard ("Camera") one; and what's more, you can't download it (I insist: the Lumia Camera, not the others) any longer from the Store.

Well, apart from all that above, the following extras (pros and cons; as I've said before, maybe repeated when comparing build 10080 with build 10149):
1 - All live tiles except People works perfectly (I've just seen a post about the People live tile, but I'm not able to get it to work... is there any way without hard-resetting? I've lost the Whatsapp messages three times since I participate of the Insider program, I refuse to lose them again).
2 - Completely polished/got working some live tiles like:
* Whatsapp (now the number of unread messages shows besides the icon, like 8.1, and not below it)
* Edge (on build 10149 the tile was blue, now it takes the color of the Start screen)
* Maps (now it shows a capture of the map of the last place visited)
* Outlook Calendar, Photos, News, Weather
3 - Outlook Mail, opposite from Whatsapp, keeps showing the number of unread messages below the icon (when you have pinned the small version of it). Groove Music, meanwhile, doesn't seem to want to live on any way, any size of the tile you chosse.
4 - When folded, now folders on start screen doesn't show the names under the icons on small mode inside of it, and it truncates correctly the names of the icons in big/wide mode inside of it.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Here is my list of 10166 bugs/issues since I installed it on my Lumia 1520.3 on Friday.

1) Start Scren "Loading..." glitch. Start Screen will not load many times per day. Have to use cortana to search any apps I want to use. It randomly fixes itself, after many attempts, or just many minutes later. Needs a Hard Reset.

2) Sharing photos was broken in last build (hitting the button did nothing), not hitting share works some times, but often it will bring up the sharing options (Facebook, Twitter, Onedrive, etc), but tapping anything on the screen will bring to blank black screen of nothingness. Needs a Hard Reset.

3) I had my phone unable to send any text messages. Kept failing once. Had to soft reset phone and it fixed itself. I have no idea about this one.

4). My phone crashed and rebooted itself a handful of times. Needs a Hard Reset.

5) Noticable faster than last build for sure. in all respect, but not up to 8.1 speed yet. It's faster than the previous builds for sure. But don't believe anyone who says that it can be faster or even equal in speed to WP 8. They're adding more and more stuff to the OS, of course it'll slow down a bit. Only Logic.

6) When using Lumia Creative Studio to edit image, and returning after saving the changes, it shows the old version of pic. You must back out of photos app altogether, then reenter to see the updated photo. No idea.

7) XboxMusic Pass not being recognized at all. It wants me to buy every song and album I already have stored in the cloud collection. Can't help you with this.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

10166 issues on my htc one m8:

1. Start screen doesn't always appear. Says "loading" for long periods of time. A Hard Reset will fix that.

2. Apps on SD card are unreliable. No idea.

3. Typing in this text box within edge is buggy and doesn't always inset text at the right location after moving the cursor. Also copy and paste isn't working. It's buggy yes, and swipe isn't working. But copy-paste is working for me.

4. MS Health - was crashing at splash screen. Uninstalled/reinstalled and it gave me an old version without golf. Also, uninstalling was buggy. Didn't remove or unpin until several restarts. Store still said "installed" until one last restart.No idea.

5. Launching camera from action center when locked (no pin code) doesn't unlock the phone. No idea.

6. Cortana doesn't always listen when mic is pressed and slow responsiveness when it does work. Cortana is still buggy.

7. Start screen icons often disappear. Pinning a website displays the edge icon instead of screenshot of web page. Battery sense and data sense are no longer pinnable apps - need pinnable settings. Can't pin individual office files. No idea about the pinned web pages. Battery Saver is not working too. Try enabling it, and you'll still get notifications from WhatsApp and Messenger.

8. Swipe keyboard doesn't work in Store. Neither in Edge.

9. People hub only synced a handful of Facebook pics. No option to "write on wall" from contact. Nothing in "What's New" No idea.

10. Can't change location settings for individual apps. I selected "no" for maps and can't fix it. This is the third time I'm mentioning this, hope someone will confirm. Location doesn't seem to turn off on W10M. When setting up your phone after the Hard Reset, disable "Send my Location to Microsoft..." then hit next. Hit back, and it's re-enabled. No idea if it's a bug, or meant to be...

11. On start screen when moving a pin into a collection of pins, collection doesn't expand to choose where it goes within the collection.

That's all that cones to mind for now...

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

After todays app-update to the Photos App from the store, the photos app does not start anymore. Shows 'loadig' for half a minute and then crashes. Reboot, Softreset, take out SD-Card, all to no avail. Anybody else? Lumia 1520, 10166, last hard reset on 10149 (so not update from 8.1, no restore from 8.1).

imLou

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

– I've #1 toolkit app installed but W10 doesn't list it.
– I cant remove a lumia 'bloatware' its always listed with 'error' subtitle

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys
Is it safe to install the windows 10 preview latest build on my at&t Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-940
To give a counter argument: my ATT 1520 became all but unusable because of the 'loading.. loading..' on the start screen. After a long time I got out of that and removed a bunch of tiles, but it definitely wasn't smooth sailing!

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

some apps were updated today, like mail/calendar. i was hopeful that the update would fix the gmail issue. i still can't get gmail to sync after the update -- i'm assuming that's the trend for most folks?

slyfoxcl

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Anyone have problem to update from build 10149?
My Lumia 630 download the update (after aaaall day downloading and preparing install) but isn't install, the phone is restarted and do not install the update.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Just updated universal photo app not working properly, it brings some more than welcome additions such as nice looking tile animation, manual refresh and the option to set lock screen and start background right from app but unfortunately it not working properly, as a matter of fact it works but only if you have pre-cropped photo, if photo needs to be cropped before it not offering cropping dialog but stretch and crop photo on its own and result in 99% situations isn't as it supposed to be.

f6257e0775754064d790b765d9c559fe.png

Stretched background (Photo app)
8958b9f0b960da5d0224e14cad2673ab.png

Here is how it should looks like (Settings app)
b732f196caec05b57f7e722878d5f079.png

I also noticed that swipe to get photo info not working anymore, and feature is now moved under '...' submenu. Photo indexing is a little bit faster with this version but there is still quite annoying delay before it index and display newly added or captured photos and there is still not proper support for albums.

All in all, it is nice to see they trying to improve it but I'm not quite impressed with latest update...

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site

Anyone have problem to update from build 10149?
My Lumia 630 download the update (after aaaall day downloading and preparing install) but isn't install, the phone is restarted and do not install the update.

There is a "battery saver" bug during Update........
So just plug in your charger to your Phone while downloading the Update, till Its shows "Two gears of Update".
Reminder:- If your battery is fuly charger to 100% , dont unplug the charger with your Phone, you have to charger your Phone throughout the updating proces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos