W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_JL

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520.2 ...Build 10166...performed hard reset after install, did not restore from backup....Also experiencing start screen "loading" or "resuming" lag after signing on...not a lot of tiles on start screen, no background image and "Show more tiles" not turned on...only way to get to start is to hit the search button and search a bit. also, and maybe this is why there is a lag...in Settings-Accounts-Your Account it shows :Local Account", even though I logged on with my Microsoft Account during set-up. When I choose "Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead" it just keeps saying "just a moment..." It could be that I am logged on with my Microsoft account and it's not recognizing it, and when you enter the PIN it takes a while to log onto my Microsoft account and maybe this is why there is a lag. Also I can no longer access my Internet Favorites..this seems to be related to not being fully signed in. Other than these issues Build 10166 runs well

Last edited:

joseang860724

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

Does anyone have an issue where none of the system apps ie, music photos contacts did not get installed when updating the preview? i cannot fine any of the system apps after the update:unhappysweat:

IE it's die in this Build, was replace for Edge, Try to go to store and check for updates!!

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

Does anyone else have their IMS Connection showing up as "not registered"? I think is preventing me from using WiFi Calling on my 640 (T-Mo)

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

What happened with custom text tones? My wife still has her ringtone but the text tone is gone. When I try to change it ,it days that I need an app and takes me to the store and then I get an error message.

hildeman

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

Main issue for me, Start Screen locks and won't load. This happens randomly. I can still get to settings and action center. Anyone else having this issue?

Conrad Shull

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

Runs hot, overheats and restarts. Big problem. Photos will not display thumbnail of files on SD card. It does show the appropriate placeholder for each, however.10166 on Nokia 1320.

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I've been having this problem frequently. It's very annoying. I'm not sure what's causing it. Basically, when the bug occurs, it prevents the start/home screen from loading and dumps you back to whatever app/setting you were in.

tanvrhakim

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Camera doesn't work

Camera crashes every time. Have to go through Line, WhatsApp etc to take a picture. Anyone else?? Every thing else seems much smoother on the 930

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Camera doesn't work

No issue taking a picture with Lumia Camera, but once I try to open it to see it, the camera app crashes.

Built-in camera no issues taking photos or viewing them. Also using the Lumia 930.

Which camera app are you having issue with?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Be careful texting pics! Something weird just happened. I texted a pic to someone just now. The other person received two separate pics, the one I sent and some other random one from my phone. This could be a very bad thing if it sends some random pic from your phone to someone.

Shubh Unpredictable

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

After updating from build 10136 to 10149 split screen settings disappeared surprisingly. I thought next build would solve it.But when i updated to 10166 in my lumia 730 from 10149, nothing happened. Rotating the Display is not showing split screen settings. This is one major bug i think no forum members are noticing.If Any workaround for it then plz reply

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Camera doesn't work

No issue taking a picture with Lumia Camera, but once I try to open it to see it, the camera app crashes.

Built-in camera no issues taking photos or viewing them. Also using the Lumia 930.

Which camera app are you having issue with?

I wish i could get Lumia Camera back! after a hard reset the store will not let me download it or many other lumia branded apps? is this just me? if not i hope ms sort this asap! i dont like the new ms camera!! on 1020

jdpg2

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

seems like I keep getting updates for the MSN apps (Weather, Sports, News, Money) at least once a day. Are they pushing out that many updates or does my phone like eating bandwidth?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Starting some apps with phone in landscape keeps the apps in portrait mode (Garmin Streetpilot, MS Maps/navigation).

MS navigation app often force quits when run in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05