W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

I have had the touchscreen become inactive and I can't unlock the phone. Had to reset using power and volume down button.

Battery life is terrible.

There was an occasion when the screen won't rotate too.

Also I've had a couple of instances when I can't do Swype on my keyboard.

tanvrhakim

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Camera doesn't work

No issue taking a picture with Lumia Camera, but once I try to open it to see it, the camera app crashes.

Built-in camera no issues taking photos or viewing them. Also using the Lumia 930.

Which camera app are you having issue with?

By default my camera button launches Lumia Camera. After the last update the button does nothing. It says loading for a second and then goes back to the last screen.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Turns out: No way to change the password on an existing email account. Lots of reports in the feedback app forover a month. Hello?

glossallalia

May 17, 2013
Visit site

I've been looking on these forums for the answer to the no data issue with this latest build but haven't figured it out yet. I can't text nor connect to the web with my t-mobile Lumia 810. Did hard reset and soft reset.

Last edited:

Martinspire

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

Touchscreen becomes unresponsive. After rebooting my startscreen will keep loading for a very long time before i can use it again. Had it yesterday and now today as well. Annoying as ****

kubics

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Anyone found a workaround for the Gmail thing? I've done a hard reset without restoring backups to no avail.

Seems that I found the workaround finally. Go to Outlook Mail settings, then accounts. Open Gmail account and delete it. Create Gmail account again, but let it configured as it is by default. Do not go to account settings and DO NOT change them. Of course you can open settings, but do not change, do not save. Gmail account only works with default settings. If you change anything and save, it will never sync again. (Tried several times 😉).

mistryapurva

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Am I the only one to miss the settings icon from the outlook mail? I figured out that mail accounts can be added through the People hub settings.
Also, with the latest update, I am not able to find where I can configure the swipe actions on mails.

kubics

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Am I the only one to miss the settings icon from the outlook mail? I figured out that mail accounts can be added through the People hub settings.
Also, with the latest update, I am not able to find where I can configure the swipe actions on mails.

In Outlook Mail press hamburger button in very upper left corner and then on screen settings button in very bottom right corner. Or you do not have settings button there?

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

Battery life had been excellent for me on my 640 up until last night when battery drained about 50% in one hour using youtube app tube pro.Most of this hour the video I was watching was paused.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Glance doesn't work, can't change alert tones...but can't hear them anyways.

go to your history within store beta, go down your apps history. you will have to expand. go down until you find glance. if you click on it it takes you to its page. once its refreshed it should say open. my asked for a restart. then do the same again but this time when you open it it will take you to the settings. you can amend as required. job done :)

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Seems that I found the workaround finally. Go to Outlook Mail settings, then accounts. Open Gmail account and delete it. Create Gmail account again, but let it configured as it is by default. Do not go to account settings and DO NOT change them. Of course you can open settings, but do not change, do not save. Gmail account only works with default settings. If you change anything and save, it will never sync again. (Tried several times ��).

I'll try, but I must confess that I don't like the idea of having auto syncs instead of hourly updates. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Use Lumia Camera Beta. Works with my Lumia 930

installed as you say, from a web link to store. was surprised it let me download!! but I opened it and it said its not supported on my device! must be because I am running it on a 1020! and this is probably the same as lumia camera. I need lumia camera Classic and unless I can sideload I guess I have lost it!

really thinking its time to move back to 8.1.........

Josh Keisling

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

installed as you say, from a web link to store. was surprised it let me download!! but I opened it and it said its not supported on my device! must be because I am running it on a 1020! and this is probably the same as lumia camera. I need lumia camera Classic and unless I can sideload I guess I have lost it!

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem when i first installed this build. Camera button said you need to download Lumia camera from the store, but the new store didn't find it. Now i tried the same you did, but when i try to open the lumia camera beta it says that uninstall or buy crap again... Same thing with some other apps too...

servitola

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

Hi.
Lumia 920. Start Screen loading very very long on startup of the phone. It usually starts after 1-2 hours and everything ok until phone reboot. If it reboots long long loading repeats. Checked 3 times already.
Any workarounds? suggestions?
This build is much much better then previous but this issue makes me mad.

Josh Keisling

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem when i first installed this build. Camera button said you need to download Lumia camera from the store, but the new store didn't find it. Now i tried the same you did, but when i try to open the lumia camera beta it says that uninstall or buy crap again... Same thing with some other apps too...

mistryapurva

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Under the hamburger icon in Outlook Mail, I see only my mail accounts. The settings button used to be there in the bottom right. But with the latest update, I no longer see it.

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem with mail. Someone pointed out to me that if you have software/onscreen keys, they will hide the settings icon which is behind them. It's very annoying that this update broke the scaling.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Not sure if anyone mentioned this. I can't load custom ringtones. I removed a tile from home screen and it came back. Tried to add Chronos calendar live tile to home screen and it would not add.
Battery life seems good on my 520 and mail is working for outlook.com and gmail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon