W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong Yun-seong

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

No! Landscape keyboard is still not fixed on this new build. A lot has improved though and I'm happy that I updated to this preview but I really hope the landscape keyboard is fixed. this is major for me.

hamburg82

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Be careful texting pics! Something weird just happened. I texted a pic to someone just now. The other person received two separate pics, the one I sent and some other random one from my phone. This could be a very bad thing if it sends some random pic from your phone to someone.

I had a similar problem last night... I was sending some pics from the photos app and used the check boxes to select 3 photos then hit share... After I sent them, the pics that I previously checked were still selected. I selected 2 more pics and hit share again, but the now it was resending the previous 3 pictures plus the 2 new ones that I added, but I only intended to send the 2. Fortunately I caught it and cleared the selection and started over. Maybe something similar is what caused your issue.

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site

Yesterday (Lumia 1020, build 10166) when connecting to my house's WiFi network, the Store showed about ten updates; MSN apps, Alarm, Outlook Calendar/Mail and the Office apps were among them. But after downloading MSN Weather and Alarms, it started downloading Word and Outlook but it seemed to crash or something, because the progress bar was frozen. I exited the Store and re-entered, and none of the mentioned apps was shown for update. I tried everything: the button "Search for updates" on the "Download" section; searching every app separately to re-install it.... no traces of the mentioned updates.

After updating those two ones (Alarm and Weather), now in the Alarm app there isn't any default alarm tone ("Alarm 1", "Alarm 2", etc.); I just have one named "Default tone" or the option to choose it from my Music. IT SUCKS.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

can't sent or receive sms
data connection isn't working. that bug never fixed since 1st build
RM 943
any idea?

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

MS navigation app often force quits when run in the background.
Also, after a few minutes of voice navigation it freezes completely for me each time. I have to restart the app and then it will work another few minutes.

While not using voice nav, the app has no problems.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

I personally think its less stable than 10149! I have had to do two factory resets so far on this build!

im hoping for a new build to fix the start screen loop and improve the store so I can get my apps back!!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Also, after a few minutes of voice navigation it freezes completely for me each time. I have to restart the app and then it will work another few minutes.

While not using voice nav, the app has no problems.
Ah yes, I had that too, almost missed an exit because of it yesterday.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Not sure what thread we should be using or Microsoft would even read but I posted this to the other thread, I think it's a major bug...

HERE IS A BIG BUG I found...

I set Cortana to ALWAYS announce text messages, so if the phone is in my pocket, I can answer a text with out touching my phone. It does not work right now anyway on this build but it is enabled.

So I got a phone call a little while ago and I was talking on the phone, then a text came in, Cortana's voice overtook the phone call interrupting the call.

Major bug that needs to be addressed...

Added feedback for this issue...

jorgehmichel

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

What about battery performance on this build?

On my 930 on build 10149 battery was awful. Lasting up to 4-5 hours and charging would take like 10 hours.

thx guys

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone here confirm when change phone language to Japanese,gps cannot lock your phone. If waze no gps error. If here drive nothing happen, cannot navigate.

en2012

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Hey, I know the action center has the Quiet Hours button but where do I find to set the hour I want?
I have upgraded the 10166 on my 1520, the bug I found on the Apps list has missing the build in apps which are the Calculator & MSN weather, when I go to the store to look for the app and says the app installed.
Only above bug I have seen on my 1520 now.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Tried it on my 735 quite impressed when compared to previous versions but still not ready for my daily 930 as I still find it a little laggy

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

What about battery performance on this build?

On my 930 on build 10149 battery was awful. Lasting up to 4-5 hours and charging would take like 10 hours.

thx guys

I have an ICON (pretty much the same phone), 10166's battery was just OK, on day one and 2 but, after the 3rd day(3 charges), It's doing pretty good. I took my phone off the charger at 7:30am, checked email through out the day, popped on twitter and facebook for a while and 5 texts with 2 phone calls, my battery is at 59% right now, it's 1:55pm. Over all pretty good, I do not dare to watch streaming videos or play games as the phone gets very hot and drains the battery pretty quick (unless it's a 2min game but, still a hit).

Not as good as 8.1 but, pretty good over all. There ARE a lot of bugs but, I think it's stable enough and battery life is pretty good to give it a shot...

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

No! Landscape keyboard is still not fixed on this new build. A lot has improved though and I'm happy that I updated to this preview but I really hope the landscape keyboard is fixed. this is major for me.

Weird but this has always worked for me on L930, so who knows...

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

No, Evertime I try to set a custom ring tone for a contact it tells me a need an app from the store and prompts me to go to the store...

Hard reset, then let the phone sit for a hour while it downloads & installs all your apps. I ran into the same thing then went to the download screen in the app store & found that I had 23 apps downloading & installing even though they appeared in my app list already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire