W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong Yun-seong

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

Weird but this has always worked for me on L930, so who knows...

I am using a Lumia 640XL... hmmm, if you're not having issues with the keyboard when in landscape mode, could it be a bug specific to Lumia 640XL's? I have already performed hard reset 3 times.

Ashutosh John

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

please someone help iam unable to login with my live account :( error sAys - 0x801901 something like that tried hard reseting twice butno success

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

I am using a Lumia 640XL... hmmm, if you're not having issues with the keyboard when in landscape mode, could it be a bug specific to Lumia 640XL's? I have already performed hard reset 3 times.

Hmm it might be, because i see many people with that phone having this problem, and others dont. It will be fixed in the next build i guess. When is that btw?

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

No, Evertime I try to set a custom ring tone for a contact it tells me a need an app from the store and prompts me to go to the store...

THIS is the issue that kept me going back to 8.1... And it still doesn't seem to be resolved. It's one of the 2 issues that are really annoying with this build (the other one is : not able to change my start-screen background)

tushar_kp

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

I have signed in with Microsoft Account but it still says "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"..wp_ss_20150716_0002.png

But when I tap on that it says "Just a moment..."wp_ss_20150716_0001.png

And it stays like that..How do I do it..Is it same with everyone..Plz help..

Theo Reza Putra

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

help cant open lock screen on mw win 10 fast ring..lumia 920,but can open lockscreen in action center bar..but cant find setting there..first update to windows 10..how can i update phone when setting is not available ??? help please :'(

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone else's battery get quite hot with use? I'm using a 1520 my phone is like the sun with prolonged use of most applications and also with charging. Funny though as I used TV & Video this morning to watch something for 45mins and it didn't get hot at all.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

Photos related to accounts from social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter) I unchecked in settings and don't want them to display in my People list, are still displaying on the People live tile. Seems to be bug.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

how often are builds coming? I have been on 10149 and now 10166. Are we likely to get a build tomorrow for example?

I am thinking of reverting back tonight as its my daily phone and as much as I like the new interface I am getting annoyed with all the issues, battery drain, camera etc.

Think I will wait next time, maybe another month before coming back again!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Tried hard reset.. At the end of reset sad smiley is shown and same again continues

Yea, never worked for me in the ICON, I nuked back to 8.1 that was clean, just installed the Preview program, updated to 10166, and hard reset (totally clean), This ended up with gears and then to the sad face. Tried a few things, hard reset a few times, with the same result.

Went back to 8.1, restored my backup, upgraded to 10166, all is working (Cortana is not) for the most part.

spikelly

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site

For those who are facing issues when downloading a new language, voice or keyboard:
- First install (if not yet done) the Windows Insider app.
- Then go the application, choose Fast Ring configuration, Accept and finish! Your phone might reboot.
- Afterwards, go back to the settings and you'll be able to download the language without error.
The same works for installing a Keyboard language too.
Overall, make sure you did a hard reset on forehand, that the best way to start!
Cheers

Last edited:

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

I would like to see ability to pin Motion Data to start screen. It's a really cool.feature that is hidden in Extras.

spikelly

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site

Unable to download language.
First install (if not yet done) the Windows Insider app. Then go the application, choose Fast Ring configuration, Accept and finish! Your phone might reboot. Then afterwards, go back to the settings and you'll be able to download the language without error. The same works for installing a Keyboard language too.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb