W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

I have yet to figure out where the SIGNATURE line is in the latest build...

Making cheeseburgers out of these new menus.. and nothing to be found, in he previous build, was under account settings in outlook mail, but nothing there regards signature in email.

Signature line for emails? It's within the settings the actual outlook mail app. I just made sure with mine.

guyman101

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

Just noticed that it was now possible to reply directly to text messages in the action center. Not sure if some users had that option in the last, but it just appeared on my L1520 yesterday night.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Just noticed that it was now possible to reply directly to text messages in the action center. Not sure if some users had that option in the last, but it just appeared on my L1520 yesterday night.
It's a great feature. You can actually reply from anywhere when you get the pop-up

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Started today my phone gets real hot and the battery last only an hour or two.
I've rebooted several times and still getting hot (105?F).. .Haven't installed anything new.

So far with Ford Sync my phone locks up constantly.

Maps for some reason when I want to go to a destination it puts my home in there instead. For example I do a search for a restaurant, it finds it, I click on directions, and then go. It's starts navigating to home.

AntiHero7

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Started today my phone gets real hot and the battery last only an hour or two.
I've rebooted several times and still getting hot (105?F).. .Haven't installed anything new.
That was bug in previous build. It caused that camera shutter remain opened and that caused this heating up. Are you really on build 10166? Anyway, reboot your phone, start camera app and close it. This should help.

Michael_JL

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Installed latest build on Lumia 1520 and 920. 920 has no additional app and runs fine. 1520 not so good, doesn't matter whether a clean install (hard reset) or upgrade... overheats, battery life not good, Lockscreen hanging on "loading" or "resuming", no Cortana passive voice (perhaps not implemented yet), no glance Screen settings (Yes I know the workaround) - when upgrading I have Glance in settings menu and all IE favorites transfer over and can still access my desktop Edge favorites but still slow OS and other problems as mentioned above. After hard reset - Favorites do not carry over, no Glance in settings menu, and Cortana passive voice not working in either install method. I have tried ALL install methods - hard reset, etc - makes no difference. Actually my best experience was the upgrade method without a hard reset. Now.....if I do not add any more apps to the start screen the lock screen lag disappears. I like the direction the OS is going but it still needs a lot of work before it could be used prime time.

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

That was bug in previous build. It caused that camera shutter remain opened and that caused this heating up. Are you really on build 10166? Anyway, reboot your phone, start camera app and close it. This should help.

I'm sure I'm running 10166..

10166 really doesn't like Sync.

Andy Holcomb

May 15, 2015
Visit site

I have had the 10166 installed on my icon, it was updated from the previous 10 version. Two days ago after all of the apps updated the second time I noticed that the images of for my individual email icons where gone on my start screen, the tiles were still there but not the pictures. Store is the same way.

Then Friday morning, I think my alarm went off once, I snoozed it ( I think :) ) and the next I know I was late for work, it never made a sound again. I say it this way because I think I found out why later, all of my factory ringtones are gone, the only one left is my load one I downloaded.
Tried downloading some new ring tones from apps and a bunch of them would not download, finally did get one to download. So I set my new alarm and went to bed, it went off once, snoozed it, never heard it again.
Just now set and alarm and it triggered with no sound at all.

Ushae

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Maps is terrible for navigation in its current form (930). Constantly freezes up after 2 minutes of use. I tried it on one of my commutes and it failed miserably.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 1520

Installed from clean 8.1
Worked great, almost flawlessly, for a week, then more soft resets, apps that would not start (but worked previously), etc.
Did a hard reset back and restored a backup. All is well again.

Romanos daskalinas1

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Hello guys

I can't make folders.When I move one app on another it shows me the folder icon and then it drops the app away

Moreover Cortana can hear me but she doesn't answer.

Any solution?

Searcher2015

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

When I installed on my L920, all seemed ok except for no access to WiFi. I got error message that said was not available and to try again later. I rebooted phone ... waited 15 min ... no difference. I finally reverted to Win 8.1.

Anyone find a work around to get WIFI working. I needed this as the phone has no active SIM card now.

Thanks for any constructive feedback.

Kwame Agyei

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Every time i try to unlock my phone, the pin doesnt work.

I enter the numbers and nothing happens, tried a soft reset numerous times and no luck. can't hard reset because i havent backed up my phone.

Help anyone?

kareem09

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

No I didn't, because I think that is where the problem is.

Yes I did this and left the settings default as well thinking it must have been something I changed. This time it only worked (push, banner, notifications sounds) for a few hours now its gone back to not syncing. It just needs fixing from MS end I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05