W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Every time i try to unlock my phone, the pin doesnt work.

I enter the numbers and nothing happens, tried a soft reset numerous times and no luck. can't hard reset because i havent backed up my phone.

Help anyone?

Same happens to me the only way to resolve this is either hard reset (with buttons) or downgrade to 8.1

Shubham k

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

When I try to update to this build it gives error 0x80246007 or rather I should say "update was downloaded but was not installed"................any soln for this plzzzz using Lumia 625

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Hello guys

I can't make folders.When I move one app on another it shows me the folder icon and then it drops the app away

Any solution?
I am on a clean install of a Lumia 830 and I also cannot make folders on start screen. I get the same thing as Romano above does. I did a reboot on my phone and still nothing. Any suggestions on what to do?

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

I am on a clean install of a Lumia 830 and I also cannot make folders on start screen. I get the same thing as Romano above does. I did a reboot on my phone and still nothing. Any suggestions on what to do?

OK I thought I fixed, I can only create one folder if I already have one set up. I had a media folder created by default with FM RADIO/PODCAST APP I removed it and then I was able to create a new folder, but now when I tried to do another folder it will not let me, any suggestions?

jheydisuanco

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

most common issue in my Lumia 520

1. Start Menu randomly just "loading..." - reboot.
2. After reboot, apps installed in MicroSD is "Unavailable" .. - reboot again.
3. All glitch i found is on "Start" booth graphics and gesture .. - reboot again.
4. App loading is too long.. - hold press "back" to close and reopen the app.

P.S: i clean install from 8.1 to Insider Preview 10166 and i try also to hard reset, still same result. I let my phone back to 8.1. Sadly most of the build are not flavored in Lumia 520.

Mark Seychell

May 6, 2014
Visit site

On my Lumia 925, the most serious issue is that the start screen just keeps loading. I seem to have solved this by turning off "show more tiles". fingers crossed

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

After adding an Office 365 account in one of the Office preview apps, the "My Account" settings page is no more accessible. Before it showed that I only have a local account instead of Microsoft account (this is something that more have reported). Now it crashes every time I want to enter it.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

On my Lumia 925, the most serious issue is that the start screen just keeps loading. I seem to have solved this by turning off "show more tiles". fingers crossed
I guess you are talking about this well known endless start screen loading loop? It's all over the board and if you search a little you'll find more info about but in short, from my personal experience (I tried nearly everything, I even tried to radically reduce the number of tile to just one screen but it was just another unsuccessful attempt ) there is no permanent solution, just a couple of tips & tricks that usually helps once when bug appears, tricks such as setting background to none and similar...

Hope that helps...

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

I cannot find a setting which allows me to pin an email box tile to Start. I have been searching high and low and have hit on, I think, all of the possible settings pages. Is there something that I am unable to find or locate? I am puzzled. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, and please excuse the possible duplicate question, but is there a way to pin a web-page to Start? Also, what about my favorites that were nicely housed within WP8.1?

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
When you shooting rich capture with Microsoft camera...horizontal lines appear on the screen and on the final photo

I was just browsing through old insider build announcements and found that Lumia Camera Beta is the only app that has no errors for me. Both rich capture and editing of existing shots work as opposed to Lumia Camera and Windows Camera.

kubics

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I cannot find a setting which allows me to pin an email box tile to Start. I have been searching high and low and have hit on, I think, all of the possible settings pages. Is there something that I am unable to find or locate? I am puzzled. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, and please excuse the possible duplicate question, but is there a way to pin a web-page to Start? Also, what about my favorites that were nicely housed within WP8.1?

In Outlook Mail click on hamburger and then on Inbox name with arrow on left side. Now you are on Accounts list. Click and hold any of accounts for several seconds. When you release, menu with options including pin account will appear.

Pinning web page does not seem to work correctly.

PaulWegs

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

My Store App won't update itself to the most recent update. Also, all other apps won't automatically update even though I have automatic app updates enabled. I tried disabling and re-enabling, but no luck. When all those core app updates were released last week, I would have to search for each app in the store one by one. When selecting the app in the store, it would think for a while, and then begin downloading the update for the app.
Anyone else experiencing this or found a workaround for it?

teohabunal

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

Just got a latest Windows Calculator update and seems like they've fixed the bug where the app cannot be opened from the start/app list if it's running in the background.

Habib Ghaith

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

Hello,

thanks for having this thread to report bugs, I have an abnormal crash and restart on my 10166 build on Lumia 535 Dual Sim, it happens every day once or twice, I don't know what is causing this issue, but Windows 8.1 was working perfectly fine on my phone. any hints on what may causing the crash?

and the interesting thing that after the restart it takes like half an hour for the start screen to appear, it keeps loading until finally after half an hour it appears functioning properly

Regards
Habib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos