W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duduosf

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

I've just update to this version (10166) and my phone won't show the Start Screen - it just keeps loading forever. I've tried a soft reset (volume down + power button) and it hasn't worked too. What the hell can I do to fix this?!

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

I've just update to this version (10166) and my phone won't show the Start Screen - it just keeps loading forever. I've tried a soft reset (volume down + power button) and it hasn't worked too. What the hell can I do to fix this?!

I guess you are talking about this well known endless start screen loading loop? It's all over the board and if you search a little you'll find more info about but in short, from my personal experience (I tried nearly everything, I even tried to radically reduce the number of tile to just one screen but it was just another unsuccessful attempt ) there is no permanent solution, just a couple of tips & tricks that usually helps once when bug appears, tricks such as setting background to none and similar...

Hope that helps...

Limer24

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Hi all. My problem is with mobile hotspot. It does not turn on, on the Lumia 925. The issue existed on 8.1, then went away on builds 10136 and 10149. Well trouble again on 10166. Asked Gabe Aul about it, but he's a busy guy and didn't reply this time. Filed feedback via the usual channel. Hope this gets fixed permanently eventually.

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

It has start screen loading issue at least on my 1520
Did a fresh install but the problem persists
Sometimes very frustrating

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

pw38

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I guess you are talking about this well known endless start screen loading loop? It's all over the board and if you search a little you'll find more info about but in short, from my personal experience (I tried nearly everything, I even tried to radically reduce the number of tile to just one screen but it was just another unsuccessful attempt ) there is no permanent solution, just a couple of tips & tricks that usually helps once when bug appears, tricks such as setting background to none and similar...

Hope that helps...

Unfortunately those tips aren't guaranteed to work. They don't for me. Nothing I do resolves the many, many issues with 10166 and my 1520. I can't get too upset though because I chose to download it but man it's a buggy mess. Luckily I can use Cortana to open any app I need because I can't get to my start screen 90% of the time. I can't download apps, the store is buggy, the messaging app sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, this phone still has the sensitivity issue that makes it a chore to use quite a bit of the time. So essentially take all the downsides to 10166, combine it with all the shortcomings of the 1520 and you have my daily experience lol. If it wasn't for the fact that I can't live without the large screen and I love WP I'd have moved on long ago. They weren't kidding though when they said don't use this on your daily driver. Man...

kubics

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

New Outlook Mail installed, but only UI improvements visible. No bug fixed from those I know and experience:
1. Gmail account still only works with default settings. After any change in account settings, it stops sync.
2. Cannot pin accounts to start screen. App behaves like they are pinned already while they are not.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

New Outlook Mail installed, but only UI improvements visible. No bug fixed from those I know and experience:

1. Gmail account still only works with default settings. After any change in account settings, it stops sync.

2. Cannot pin accounts to start screen. App behaves like they are pinned already while they are not.

You can pin accounts on the screen. Just go to the mail app and when u are about to change accounts just tap and hold and it will pin that account.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

Most serious issue for me right now is the Messaging app.

A lot of times notifications don't work, live tile does not update, then sometimes I cannot send texts and have to restart the phone. When this happens, I fi d some old texrs that were late for at about 15 mins.

Also, is there a way to reset the contents of the live tiles like you can in Windows 8? My email tiles at some point today did stooped updating and it is showing mail have long read and erased.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

After over a week with 10166, the minor bugs have been getting to me and I am going to have to roll back to 8.1
Issues.
1. Cortana does not work, she will not answer to reply to a text, she crashes after telling me there is a call
2. There is a bug with the Pebble Notifications app, so you cant select apps to get notifications from.
3. Battery Drain on this build is common, maybe about 75% of what I would get with 8.1
4. Apps just get errors when trying to update and with a major problem with an app, it wont reinstall.

I thought about it, although I like 10 a lot and enjoy the new features (it's enough to question my roll back), I just need a phone that works 100% and with the failure of apps updating today, WHEN I NEEDED IT. I need to roll back....Crap 2-3 hours of reinstalling apps again....fun, fun fun...

lstorm22

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

Build 10166 Touchscreen almost always freezes after receiving/making call. hard re-set or pull battery only option.

This issue seemed resolved in Build 10149 after experiencing all kinds of Start Menu hang, Touch screen freezes in Build10136.

had no problem with store and all the updates that MS pushed yesterday, but touch screen freeze so bad now rolling back to 8.1

This is my only major issue with this build, shame coz other than that its very very good

Lumia 735

kubics

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

You can pin accounts on the screen. Just go to the mail app and when u are about to change accounts just tap and hold and it will pin that account.

Thanks. I know how to do it, but I cannot. My mail app behaves like if accounts are already pinned. Therefore it offers me an option to unpin the account. Which is obviously not pinned... Even deleting and creating account again does not help...

Sreejith K S

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. I know how to do it, but I cannot. My mail app behaves like if accounts are already pinned. Therefore it offers me an option to unpin the account. Which is obviously not pinned... Even deleting and creating account again does not help...

I have experienced it several times, especially with the latest update. Once I lost all the pinned inboxes from screen but the status showed it as pinned. Restarting mobile worked in the above case. Still have issues with pinning the Oulook inbox separately.

edrichcyster

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Read several pages back and could not see a similar question.

Running 10166 on a 1520 and noticed that none of my photos taken in July are showing in the Camera Roll. June and May are there, but nothing for the current month, when I collapse the months it doesn't show July either. I did notice that the Albums view shows the last taken pic from July as the thumbnail for the Camera Roll, but when I open the Camera Roll it very briefly flashes and then only shows June. All the July items show in Collection view

Under settings I have Linked Duplicates 'On', Sources show "Pictures" (cannot be changed), Show my photos and videos from OneDrive is "Off"

Anyone else experiencing this problem or have a solution? I've done soft resets, toggled the OneDrive option and it still isn't showing the current month's photos

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Yes I can, thanks for the information Teo. So the photos are on the device, just not displayed via the app.
NP, you can use it as a temporary solution ;)

BTW: have you tried to hit file information and see if correct date is shown for 'problematic' photos?

c88656fa728eaf3e8e639a8546a5e576.png

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Most serious issue for me right now is the Messaging app.

A lot of times notifications don't work, live tile does not update, then sometimes I cannot send texts and have to restart the phone. When this happens, I fi d some old texrs that were late for at about 15 mins.

Also, is there a way to reset the contents of the live tiles like you can in Windows 8? My email tiles at some point today did stooped updating and it is showing mail have long read and erased.

First, please include your phone model in any post!

I have the same issue with my 1520. SMS sometimes stops working. It seems the duplication of sent messages has stopped from Build 10149, but I get the suspend on my messaging. A soft reset does the trick.

This is the biggest problem I have with Build 10166.

Mostly it is running as my daily driver with two email accounts, lots of SMS and FB Messenger, Skype, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb