W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

WHY HAVEN'T YOU VOTED YET FOR THIS ONE??????????????????????

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/3195115-please-allow-custom-labels-for-phone-numbers-emai?tracking_code=1db4c0cbd29485ec7b2ca5d012152577

This affects YOU in one way or another, though some would "say there are many ways to skin a cat", well, some of the ways to skin it would make you scratch your head!

Voted! This is one of the dumb things of Windows Phone, and they don't allow 3rd party contact app.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

First, please include your phone model in any post!

I have the same issue with my 1520. SMS sometimes stops working. It seems the duplication of sent messages has stopped from Build 10149, but I get the suspend on my messaging. A soft reset does the trick.

This is the biggest problem I have with Build 10166.

Mostly it is running as my daily driver with two email accounts, lots of SMS and FB Messenger, Skype, etc.
Sorry about that. I have a lumia icon.
I have experienced it several times, especially with the latest update. Once I lost all the pinned inboxes from screen but the status showed it as pinned. Restarting mobile worked in the above case. Still have issues with pinning the Oulook inbox separately.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Yes the dates are correct on the files, very odd
Strange indeed... well, if nothing else, you can try to rename or move some of them to saved folder for example, just to see if app will re-index them and include in collection or wait for the next update and hope it will be fixed :)

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Cortana was using 53% of my battery resources... I switched it off and now my battery backup is pretty good.. But I do want to use Cortana, hopefully they will do something about it in the next build..

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

so annoyed, we must be close to 101240 but as of today the start screen boot loop is causing massive issues. Im not sure why? previously it would be 5-10 minutes, now I have been trying for about 5 hours on 1020? its crashed a few times. now im leaving it alone and still not opening start!!

its got another 2 hours, then when I get in its back to 8.1 for good! 10166 has been nothing but problems from the moment the phone first turned on!!!!!

Chuck4Prez1Day

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

This build has been rough for me to use as a main device.

In the past week, Bluetooth stops working correctly as the other person can hear me but I cant hear them anymore. I switch to speakerphone and things are fine (annoying when you're in the car driving) Happened 5x-6x

During random usage, the top part of the screen goes black and everything moves to the middle of the screen. Reboot fixes this but it's happened 3x.

Email just stops working. Says it's sync'd yet I have new emails but they aren't showing up. Reboot sometimes fixes. It's been very unreliable with email to the point I have to send a second email asking for a response to make sure the first one successfully went out.

Text messages are hit and miss. Often sending a message causes the messaging app to crash.

Have had many random lockups. random self reboots - Lumia 830

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

This build had been stable for me. Everything works fine. Slightly laggy tho.

I don't like the settings page layout. It is too complicated. Anyone have any idea on how to make it better?

KBEscalona

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

Build 10166 seems ok for my Lumia930. I'm just having a bug that doesn't create folders on the start screen. Also, some apps still needs to be updated.

Bobby Bahmanpour

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

I have a 1520 and I get a looping when starting before the apps show and then when I make a call it freezes and I have to turn off the phone every time........... it was so annoying that I tried hard reset (power down up down power) and then it didn't work all I kept getting was a sad face :( and I had to try to restore the phone which went back to WP8......... took half a day to get everything back again.............. and guess what....... STILL the same issue.

Everything else seems to work but the phone........ I am weary to try another hard reset........ it's a pain for now

Firipu

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

This build has been rough for me to use as a main device.

In the past week, Bluetooth stops working correctly as the other person can hear me but I cant hear them anymore. I switch to speakerphone and things are fine (annoying when you're in the car driving) Happened 5x-6x

During random usage, the top part of the screen goes black and everything moves to the middle of the screen. Reboot fixes this but it's happened 3x.

Email just stops working. Says it's sync'd yet I have new emails but they aren't showing up. Reboot sometimes fixes. It's been very unreliable with email to the point I have to send a second email asking for a response to make sure the first one successfully went out.

Text messages are hit and miss. Often sending a message causes the messaging app to crash.

Have had many random lockups. random self reboots - Lumia 830

Everything going to the middle of your screen, isn't that just that "long press on windows-key function"? To bring down the top of your screen? Like with iPhones?

Webmaster2015

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

Okay, here's my take on the build (Lumia 635):

I basically use my phone for college work, calling, texting, and the occasional game. I do not use skype or any video call apps. I found some bugs that would be more of an occasional annoyance than a real show-stopper. Here's the list:

Lock Screen: I changed the lock screen notification icons to an email. When I tried to change them back to anything (blank, other app), the settings app crashed. No big deal for me, I just check the live tile instead.

Outlook Mail: Speaking of live tiles, there's a bug in Outlook Mail that you have to be real careful about. You can pin an email folder to the start screen from Outlook Mail. However, if you want to un-pin it, be sure to un-pin it from the Outlook Mail app only. If you unpin it from the start screen, Outlook Mail will still say that it is still pinned and you will never be able to re-pin that folder again. I warned you, be careful with this one. However, this app does fix the annoying issue I found in 8.1 where if you sync your email inside the app and new mail comes in, the live tile on your start screen will still say "1" until you close the mail app and re-open it.

Gmail in the Outlook Mail app works, but you must run with the default mail settings. That is, mail import/export settings. You can still choose which folders sync and set the account to have notifications in the action center. I sent myself several "Hi" test emails to prove this works.

Battery saver: live tile works, but it doesn't refresh until you open the battery saver app.

Cortana: Does not have a live tile yet.

Pictures: this build will not see photos on your SD card when choosing backgrounds unless they are in the same folder structure as on your main phone (Pictures/Camera Roll OR Pictures/Saved Pictures)

Camera: Lumia Camera will not update either. It is still functional, but it does not update. Office Lens still works perfectly either way. For me, any camera app is doable.

Animations: They still need some work, but what I am looking for is functionality. A little animation glitch here and there means nothing to me.

Store works almost perfectly, besides the note below. Crashes very little. Apps are downloadable. The full Office mobile suite works, including PDF viewer and Office Lens.

Very Important: Make sure you remove all the excess bloatware that your carrier loads on your phone. It will not update in the Windows 10 store. I learned that even if you re-flash your phone to 8.1 first with the Windows Phone Recovery Utility, your carrier bloatware will still be on your phone.

Overall, I can say that this is a very stable build. I'm glad I installed it.

poowit

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

Build-in camera app cannot re-configure back to auto focus after change to another such as manual or infinity focus, have to close and open it again, i will back to auto focus. restart and hard reset the phone cannot fixed it.
Lumia 920

mahesham22

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Start Screen Crashing / Stuck on Loading.

I am using Lumia 930.

I updated from 10149 to 10166 today as I am on slow ring. After update, my start screen wouldn't load. It will say loading, than loading message will disappear for a second and then it will appear again. This went on for very long. Even after couple of soft resets it didn't fix. I was able to use action centre, so I chose to hard reset.
That helped. My phone worked for 6-7 hours, backup got restored, apps got installed. Then I enabled double tap to wake up, and disabled vibration on soft buttons in Touch settings. Vibration setting required restart, and after restart, the problem reappeared. Start screen just keeps crashing with loading message.I switched back the settings which I changed, then soft-reset. It took a fair amount of time to load the start screen, but eventually it did work.

So in your case, if it's an update and start screen won't load, try disabling double tap to wake up and maybe glance too. See if it works before doing hard reset.

ahmad1020soc

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

Hai
I have a Lumia 640 XL and after installed build 10166 dont Load start screen after 7 hours. Fast and Slow
?????????????????????????????

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Do they intend to stay with the long press and then let go to see pop up menu? I really hope not. I like the way it used to work where a simple Long Press and the menu comes up.

Have to say, I am a little worried about whats next. It seems rumors that there arent really any features to add could be true and that they really may just be doing bug and stability fixes from here on out. I like the OS, but it just feels like it is missing more NEW stuff or maybe we were just expecting more than what there is.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

It's all one big giant bug imo. It just feels so different, can't pin individual accounts to the start? People hub is decimated. Mapping seems better, but doesn't work right all the time. I don't know, we'll see how it all turns out at release.

mahesham22

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

It's all one big giant bug imo. It just feels so different, can't pin individual accounts to the start? People hub is decimated. Mapping seems better, but doesn't work right all the time. I don't know, we'll see how it all turns out at release.
You can pin individual accounts from accounts screen in outlook mail. Or you can do so for the folders also. In the outlook mail Press and hold on the folder or an account on the accounts screen in the outlook mail. The context menu will open when you release after pressing and holding.

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs