W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

This build had been stable for me. Everything works fine. Slightly laggy tho.

I don't like the settings page layout. It is too complicated. Anyone have any idea on how to make it better?

How is the settings page complicated when you have the ability to simply search for whatever setting you want instead of going through all the individual options?

Srinath Santhanam

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

I am using Win 10 TP in my lumia 1520, All seems to be good but when i try to update or install an app i get the error code "0X80242021" , Kinldy let me know a work around to solve this i have removed my memory card as it said that few apps cant not install in memory card and to choose phone memory

Does any one else face this problem.

I have attached the screen shot for reference

wp_ss_20150723_0001.jpg

Thanks in Advance

Shlok Shahani1

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

Hello all,
Build 10166 is the second build I have taken (upgraded from 10149). I use Lumia 730(Indian Variant)
Build 10166 is a step backwards from 10149.

1) There is this device crippling bug of the phone touch screen becoming unresponsive after every Incoming Call. The only way out is a soft reset (volume down+ power button). This is one single bug which spoils the entire Windows 10 mobile experience.

2) Alot of apps take ages to open example- 6tag, WPcentral, Store, Twitter, Facebook.

3) The app update process is slightly rough, with many apps downloading 2-3 times and still not updating

4) Start screen loop goes on and on and on after restarts, Very irritating.

5) Random reboots are very common, specially when dealing with multiple apps.

Waiting for a fresh and better (hopefully) build. The process of switching from fast to slow lane for builds is too much. Will sell my Lumia 730 if the next build isnt good enough.

mahesham22

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Hai
I have a Lumia 640 XL and after installed build 10166 dont Load start screen after 7 hours. Fast and Slow
?????????????????????????????
When you see loading on start screen, pull down notification bar, tap on all settings, Extras, Touch and disable the double tap to wake up.

After that soft reset. My start screen showed uo within 5-7 min after reset.

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

While not viable for a lot of folks, i ended up doing a hard reset on my 1520 after updating to 10166. I largely ignored every advice about starting fresh.

After doing so, (without restoring backup apps), i must say that my phone is working much better than expected. And this is my primary phone. No more bugs experienced.

Just a little annoyed when i have to rearrange my tiles though... Moving one tile to a different location on the start screen is a chore.

Gamezone

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

I have like 20 apps pending in the store that won`t download. Mainly Microsoft apps or settings. I tried soft and hard reset, nothing worked. I only have one store on my phone. How do I get to download these updates??

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 535, Windows 10 Mobile build 10166, when I long tap Home (Windows) key, screen snap to bottom half of screen, is it something unfinished or a bug, any idea?

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

I had my start screen playing up where it basically wouldn't show ever. before it came after 10 minutes of so.

I think holding back when no apps was opened caused this? but any way after turning show more tiles off, unpinning, repining, turning more tiles back on. it worked for a bit. then loading... a flash of start screen then loading and so on.

now the only way I can see my start screen with no issues is to keep show more tiles off! anyone having this issue I would suggest this until next update!

mahesham22

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Lumia 535, Windows 10 Mobile build 10166, when I long tap Home (Windows) key, screen snap to bottom half of screen, is it something unfinished or a bug, any idea?
It is not a bug.
It is a new feature for one handed use. It will go back if you tap on the black area on top.
It's very useful for bigger screen devices.

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

encorelui2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

L930: The call+sms filter setting no longer saves any numbers. What ever nos I had saved before this build are blocked just fine, however I am unable to add newer #s to the block list.

Also noticed that Cortana quiet hours no longer works. It shows it is activated, but still lets calls and sms ring through like normal.
Groove music wont allow sorting of music by genre.

Not sure if any one else has experienced these

Last edited:

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 1520 - Daily Driver

I still get intermittent gaps in my SMS. It will stop receiving messages until I soft reset.

Also, I have had messages appear at the top notifications, but then they do not show up in my messages until hours later.

Otherwise, it is working fairly well.

Does the same with KIK messenger

melloyello920

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else having issues with their Gmail account not syncing on Outlook app (Lumia 920)? I've tried all the remedies hard reset / fresh install / delete gmail acct / add, etc.

Srinath Santhanam

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

Does live folder works in build 10166 as when i try to create a folder the icons are not getting placed inside the folder rather they jump out.I am using 1520

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb