W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

After trying to upgrade to 10166 from WP 8.1 ended up doing a Hard Reset. Took a long time for update and all apps to load. Some apps still missing (NYTIMES!) and some had to be found in store (NEWS, WEATHER, CNN) and reinstalled.

Have had issues with icons on start screen going blank. Biggest issue for me is Mobile Hotspot not working. When I try to connect it imediately turns off. VZW 928.

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

So, here's my full list of bugs and feedback for improving Windows 10 Mobile starting from Build 10166 (I'm testing it on a Lumia 920):

Windows 10 Mobile Build 10166 - BUGS AND FEEDBACK LIST:

UPGRADE NIGHTMARE:

• Upgrading from WP8.1 takes very long time, almost 2 hours before I logged in W10M Start Screen on my Lumia 920;
  • Upgrading from WP8.1 generates a Start Screen bug where it took very long time for it to load-up. "Resuming..." took an average of 20-30 seconds before Start Screen to load, even after quitting a simple app by pressing Home or Back button;
  • Upgrading from WP8.1 generates a very major "Battery Drain" bug where phone doesn't keep charge when plugged in to AC, and become extremely hot all the time;
  • Upgrading from 8.1 downgrade Firmware version from Denim to Cyan;
  • Lag, slowdowns, crashes and many bugs stayed even after 24 hours of the phone let alone doing its things, and settling down;
  • SO: Upgrading as a whole was a very painful process from 8.1 to 10166, and the only solution for the problems above (and many other quirks and oddness) was in the end an HARD-RESET of the device, WITHOUT restoring an old Backup, but starting new. Very annoying and time consuming;
  • PLEASE IMPROVE UPGRADE EXPERIENCE: Both from WP8.1 -> W10M, and from Old W10M build -> to new W10M. Always doing Hard Reset after an upgrade is NOT acceptable.

HARD RESET + NO BACKUP = PERSISTENT PROBLEMS:

• People app live tiles doesn't work (no circles, only static logo);
  • New Store often close itself or open 2 times;
  • Edge crashes a bit too often;
  • Edge doesn't have "Google" search engine option instead of Bing;
  • Glance is not present in the "Extras" section. It can be opened from Store only;
  • Glance shows time only, no date or notifications even if enabled;
  • When clicking the Power button to wake the phone, there is bad flickering showing Start Screen for a brief second, and only after Lock Screen appears;
  • Unlocking from Lock Screen still requires 3-4 seconds to show Start Screen (while on black screen);
  • HERE Transit isn't available in store;
  • Italian new "Maps" doesn't have public transport support, only on foot + car. HERE still has it instead;
  • Swiping to "All apps" list, and then back to Start Screen reload Background (with transparent tiles) and lags;
  • Live Tiles often flickers and/or not update themselves;
  • Swiping down the Action Center has a lag/delay of 2 seconds before it shows;
  • Alarms do not work: result -> this morning I was late at work. Damn you Ms!
  • For no apparent reason: ringtones and audio stop working completely. No sounds at all, and I have to reboot the phone;
  • Calendar Live Tiles doesn't update itself;
  • SMS app periodically crashes;
  • Bad radio signal ("3" Operator, Italy);
  • Performance is sometime faster than 8.1.2, sometime lags a lot more. More optimization needed;
  • Phone sometime reboots itself for no apparent reason;
  • New Outlook app is slow to open, and hangs;
  • LinkedIn is no more integrated in People App.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

Build-in camera app cannot re-configure back to auto focus after change to another such as manual or infinity focus, have to close and open it again, i will back to auto focus. restart and hard reset the phone cannot fixed it.
Lumia 920

Yes it does, just use the scrolly settings circle and bring it all the way to the bottom. The bottom means automatic for every setting.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

So, here's my full list of bugs and feedback for improving Windows 10 Mobile starting from Build 10166 (I'm testing it on a Lumia 920):

UPGRADE NIGHTMARE:

• Upgrading from WP8.1 takes very long time, almost 2 hours before I logged in W10M Start Screen on my Lumia 920;
  • Upgrading from WP8.1 generates a Start Screen bug where it took very long time for it to load-up. "Resuming..." took an average of 20-30 seconds before Start Screen to load, even after quitting a simple app by pressing Home or Back button;
  • Upgrading from WP8.1 generates a very major "Battery Drain" bug where phone doesn't keep charge when plugged in to AC, and become extremely hot all the time;
  • Lag, slowdowns, crashes and many bugs stayed even after 24 hours of the phone let alone doing its things, and settling down;
  • SO: Upgrading as a whole was a very painful process from 8.1 to 10166, and the only solution for the problems above (and many other quirks and oddness) was in the end an HARD-RESET of the device, WITHOUT restoring an old Backup, but starting new. Very annoying and time consuming;
  • PLEASE IMPROVE UPGRADE EXPERIENCE: Both from WP8.1 -> W10M, and from Old W10M build -> to new W10M. Always doing Hard Reset after an upgrade is NOT acceptable.

HARD RESET + NO BACKUP = PERSISTENT PROBLEMS:

• New Store often close itself or open 2 times;
  • Edge crashes a bit too often;
  • Edge doesn't have "Google" search engine option instead of Bing;
  • Glance is not present in the "Extras" section. It can be opened from Store only;
  • Glance shows time only, no date or notifications even if enabled;
  • When clicking the Power button to wake the phone, there is bad flickering showing Start Screen for a brief second, and only after Lock Screen appears;
  • Unlocking from Lock Screen still requires 3-4 seconds to show Start Screen (while on black screen);
  • HERE Transit isn't available in store;
  • Italian new "Maps" doesn't have public transport support, only on foot + car. HERE still has it instead;
  • Swiping to "All apps" list, and then back to Start Screen reload Background (with transparent tiles) and lags;
  • Live Tiles often flickers and/or not update themselves;
  • Swiping down the Action Center has a lag/delay of 2 seconds before it shows;
  • Alarms do not work: result -> this morning I was late at work. Damn you Ms!
  • For no apparent reason: ringtones and audio stop working completely. No sounds at all, and I have to reboot the phone;
  • Calendar Live Tiles doesn't update itself;
  • SMS app periodically crashes;
  • Bad radio signal ("3" Operator, Italy);
  • Performance is sometime faster than 8.1.2, sometime lags a lot more. More optimization needed;
  • Phone sometime reboots itself for no apparent reason;
  • New Outlook app is slow to open, and hangs;
  • LinkedIn is no more integrated in People App.

I have like none of these issues lo

nedran92

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Start screen , sometimes got in to loop to charge "resuming...." for 20 minutes every time,
I cant change the background image it does not work..
Lumia 1020..

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Screen freezes on Lumia 930 and need to leave it until reach 0% to shutdown, Hey cortana not working too, no 4K video making.

Hey Cortana shouldn't be there yet
About the screen freezes.. You may try holding your power button for 10-15 seconds till you feel a vibration.. That's should make your phone reboot

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Start screen , sometimes got in to loop to charge "resuming...." for 20 minutes every time,
Lumia 1020..

About that resuming loop .. It's really annoying
Tty not to use more " Tiles option "
About your other problem u can't change your background.. Tried soft reset ?

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Anyone has problems setting background image
Try it using picture app
LKcibg5.jpg

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

The reason it goes to cyan on 920 is that it is actually what you have, denim was just a name change. For example on dev preview it goes back to cyan if you re enrol, but back to denim when you opt out.

People tile - have you tried going in and waiting for it to populate your contacts with pictures from Facebook etc? Mine wasn't immediate but it started working after a while

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Does live folder works in build 10166 as when i try to create a folder the icons are not getting placed inside the folder rather they jump out.I am using 1520

Works for me on 1020, it can take a few goes to get them to drop in though. Alot of people say its not working but I have had to redo start screen a few times and it seems ok

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 1020..

Try turning show more tiles off, unpin everything, restart then start add them back. Then don't let the power run out 😃

Can do it from start settings? Use a stock image or download one. Not sure it works with photos you have taken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro