W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

Now even 'phone' app has started lagging and crashing.. It was loading and loading and then crashed quite a few times today..

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

• Can't launch MS Health app, unable to communicate with MS band with any apps
  • Can't consolidate email inboxes
  • No MS Office. I've downloaded the previews, but was surprised they weren't native to the OS
  • On previous WP OS, downloaded games (solitaire, speed, etc) were grouped together under XBox games, not on WP 10
  • Can't create folders to group like apps. Old folders created under WP8.1 are still intact and functional

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

not sure if anyone has this problem but I tried hard reset twice...but problem persists:
After phone calls, (usually if I am the one receiving calls but can happen the other way), the screen decides not to respond to touch. So I have to restart phone again to restore screen to normal.

Anyone with this problem? Lumia 930

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site

not sure if anyone has this problem but I tried hard reset twice...but problem persists:
After phone calls, (usually if I am the one receiving calls but can happen the other way), the screen decides not to respond to touch. So I have to restart phone again to restore screen to normal.

Anyone with this problem? Lumia 930

Yes same here and other posts in this thread confirm that this is common.

Palash Maske

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

Hey, When I tried updating from windows 8.1 to windows 10 on my lumia 730....i got an error saying....they tried installing it on my sd card.....and then it didnt get installed....i am wondering why it is not installing it on my phone memory....how much minimum phone memory is required for installing the technical build of windows 10 mobile?

sumit_l920

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

Did anyone else get this keyboard layout? I get it now and then, and then it fixes itself to normal one(with key boundaries). I think it's a glitch, but I have started liking this :)
wp_ss_20150727_0003.png

jarmopit

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

Alarm does not work. It appears on the scheduled time to the Notification center but no sound is played.

Alexandre Coelho

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

last week i installed 10166 on my 630,it was very fast and stable,but also veeeery hot in the right side of the screen,i guess is where the processor is located,the back was also very hot,i couldn?t keep it inside my pocket,i checked what was draining the battery and it showed that the screen was sucking 68% of it...i reinstalled W8.1 and now i willwait for the final version!

zg_fusebox

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

was your 720 on lumia denim ? mine ws on cyan nd while upgrading to win10 phone turned off... reinstalled cyan and tried upgrading again stilll no luck .. it just refuses to upgrade .. ( it becomes very very hot ..) should i ugrade lumia denim nd then install win10 10166 ?

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, have taken 10166 for a spin for a week. All I am able to say is that once the OS is ready for release, there are many, many compelling reasons that W10M will be the preeminent mobile OS. I only wish that there would be more velocity in gaining market share; not losing it. This is going to be a great OS for my new flagship phone - still working the 920, and it is going to be great. Nicely evolved OS!

Taking all of that into consideration, I have removed W10M from the ole beast and put back 8.1. The beta was just too buggy - at this point. But, I am very glad I gave it a whirl so that I know I will be continuing my Windows phone relationship. Now, if they could just get us those new phones! It is unheard of for me to have had just 2 phone since fall of 2010!!

Zoltan Oros

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

"not sure if anyone has this problem but I tried hard reset twice...but problem persists:

Anyone with this problem? Lumia 930"

Yes, same problem on Lumia 930, after phone call sometimes , i'm unable to put it down, sreen is dark, or it's not responding. Also another bug, is in the Outlook Email: crashes many times, when you try to open a mail, or simply it won't refresh the inbox. Other bug, is screen stops responding randomly; or Microsoft Camera won't show the picture after shot. Battery drains quickly, and the device is hot after a little stressing. I discovered these but i'm sure that there are many more.

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Opening the Windows Feedback app only directs me to the new feedback page, say I sent a feedback using the page, if I press the back button, it brings me back to the new feedback page with the feedback I supposedly sent. 😥😥😥 How do I send feedbacks now? 😔

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Bhavi Shankar

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

Not able to download languages pack from the speech settings.. it alwayz shows an error.. without changing speech language Cortana will not work :(
Tried Hard/soft reset also.. still facing the same problem..
Using Lumia 730
plzz help! _/\_

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

Looking for W10M feature in WP8.1 as I thought it was in 8.1 too. Pressing the tile and a drop down would occur containing all of the folder contents as well as any tiles. Pressing the tile again would collapse the subfolders and tiles. What was the app I used for this or native feature in 8.1?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

After trying to upgrade to 10166 from WP 8.1 ended up doing a Hard Reset. Took a long time for update and all apps to load. Some apps still missing (NYTIMES!) and some had to be found in store (NEWS, WEATHER, CNN) and reinstalled.

Have had issues with icons on start screen going blank. Biggest issue for me is Mobile Hotspot not working. When I try to connect it imediately turns off. VZW 928.

Have you turned on your data first? It works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett