W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

Is my Lumia 640 safe to update to Windows 10 since I saw that even Microsoft said its unsafe to upgrade if running the last OS version, which I am. And is it stable enough to last a day without crashing and stuff?

luMia630

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Is my Lumia 640 safe to update to Windows 10 since I saw that even Microsoft said its unsafe to upgrade if running the last OS version, which I am. And is it stable enough to last a day without crashing and stuff?

Lot of things doesn't work like for example moments app and number of other apps that are even preinstalled on 8.1. system is not very fluid, animation of returning from apps lag and lot of things there are painfully slow. I also encounter bug that I am unable to hang up phone call, pursuing end call button not working, and number of times.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Lot of things doesn't work like for example moments app and number of other apps that are even preinstalled on 8.1. system is not very fluid, animation of returning from apps lag and lot of things there are painfully slow. I also encounter bug that I am unable to hang up phone call, pursuing end call button not working, and number of times.

Guess I'll have to stick to my 8.1 till September (hope so)

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

W10 Mobile is so unstable. I wish I didn't upgrade my phone. I wanted to downgrade but Windows Mobile Software Recovery Tool is stuck at retrieving my phone info. I don't blame MS for the buggy W10 Mobile but disappointed that the recovery tool is buggy as well.

Now, Im stuck with this unstable OS!

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Having problems searching for updates
13esoMK.jpg

Anyone come across it?

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

1-Screen for start menu or lock screen sets wrongly with a partial blank
2- Some apps cannot be downloaded or updated..still
3-In settings, options like touch do not work
4-You get an additional, the former, battery saver - useless with the new one

Darenhoff

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

1. Battery draining very very fast wrt 8.1
2. Still background apps not closing -- u have to close them manually, and if u forget u r gone.
3. Can not assign ringtone to individual - it says some app to be installed but when visit store it says nothing available. I have ringtone maker of Nokia installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Even after several try can not move apps from fone to SD card! BS :devil:
5. Screen becomes non-responsive in times and can not even accept calls...................:devil:
6. Hangs on ............Loading...................... frequently when ending an app and coming back to desktop/start screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. WiFi - selected to be ON manually but it goes ON without my notice!!!!!

Again go back to 8.1? -- MS is not caring the buyers! Or their developers are on leave?
:devil::crying::confused:

Last edited:

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

Again go back to 8.1? -- MS is not caring the buyers! Or their developers are on leave?
:devil::crying::confused:

It's a beta. It's going to have lots of bugs, and the idea is you report them. You don't assume the developer doesn't care about it's buyers just because it's buggy. That's the whole point of a beta release.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site

I admit I haven't read the whole 43 page thread, but is anyone else's calendar completely phu---- I mean, screwed up? I can only see maybe half the page for a new entry but can't click on anything. Going to try a 3rd part cal until it's better. :(

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

First, please cite the phone model number you are using when posting!

Second, your calendar issue may be because you increased text size under Setttings>Ease of Access>More options>Text Scaling

Make the text the smallest size and your calendar should look just fine.....but with small text. I am sure they will "clean" this up as they finalize the Windows 10 Mobile Build.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

My list of bugs I consider annoying so far. My apologies if I am duplicating others posts. Lumia 830 AT&T.
1) When prompted to review background apps, if I select to view the background apps, the OS reboots. I must cancel to avoid reboot. I have not yet found a way to edit background apps as accessing it within settings doesn't work. Nothing populates.
2) Mobile hot spot turns off while in use randomly.
3) Lots of compatibility issues with Edge browser and sites I use on a daily basis.
4) Email notifications aren't working properly. The unread message indicator on the mailbox tile does not show the correct number of unread messages received.
5) I would like to be able to swipe to delete an SMS message like I can in emails.

My upgrade experience was pretty poor. I ended up with the start screen crash loop that others have reported. Given this, I decided to do a fresh install from a hard reset. I do highly recommend this. Even though its a pita, I ended up with a much more stable environment.
All in all I do like the OS and I think its is almost ready to be on my primary phone. I will probably install the next build on it.

Last edited:

EvEr34

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Not much of a bug but it's annoying to me that you swipe left to erase an email int the mail app but have to swipe right to erase a notification in the notification list.

SecretlyX

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Not much of a bug but it's annoying to me that you swipe left to erase an email int the mail app but have to swipe right to erase a notification in the notification list.

You can customize what happens when you swipe left/right in the settings of the Mail.

jmprice

May 20, 2014
Visit site

I updated my Lumia 920 to WP10, like it pretty well. My biggest issues are that I am experiencing screen freezes and becomes unresponsive to touch input at least once a day, no pattern of use leads to it. I have to soft reset my phone to be able to use the phone again. The other thing is that the system is laggy- I click Search/Cortana, and it shows my previous entry results for a split second, and then goes to search mode. Once there, typing or voice input lags behind for about three seconds, and then catches up to what I am inputting. Switching from app to app is laggy also, oftentimes leading to freeze up as well.

RefractedPaladin

May 27, 2014
Visit site

Running it on my Lumia Icon. Battery life makes me sad now. Also, The Microsoft Camera puts lines across any low-light picture. Lumia Camera works okay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99