W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

Hi, I just joined the insider preview program this week and I have a lot of catching up to do. I've noticed these issues, can anyone help me out? I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you.

Phone: Lumia 1020
OS version: 10.0.10512.1000

1. Quiet hours icon on action center is blinking. I do not have Cortana so quiet hours is strange

2. A lot of the Lumia apps are missing and I really need them: eg Lumia Refocus, Cinemagraph, Panorama, Photosynth, etc

3. Within the default camera app, I don't see the option for saving both low res and high res photos. It looks like the high res photos are missing.

4. Where is the setting for changing cellular connection speed? I usually use Edge network as it saves on battery life but the connection is set on 3G.

5. How can I permanently enable battery saver mode? When I charge my phone or restart, the battery saver is off until I switch it on again. Slightly irritating

These are the issues I have seen for now. I know about the battery draining quickly and message notification issues but I can see they are a work in progress.

Thank you

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just joined the insider preview program this week and I have a lot of catching up to do. I've noticed these issues, can anyone help me out? I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you.

Phone: Lumia 1020
OS version: 10.0.10512.1000

1. Quiet hours icon on action center is blinking. I do not have Cortana so quiet hours is strange

2. A lot of the Lumia apps are missing and I really need them: eg Lumia Refocus, Cinemagraph, Panorama, Photosynth, etc

3. Within the default camera app, I don't see the option for saving both low res and high res photos. It looks like the high res photos are missing.

4. Where is the setting for changing cellular connection speed? I usually use Edge network as it saves on battery life but the connection is set on 3G.

5. How can I permanently enable battery saver mode? When I charge my phone or restart, the battery saver is off until I switch it on again. Slightly irritating

These are the issues I have seen for now. I know about the battery draining quickly and message notification issues but I can see they are a work in progress.

Thank you
1) bug in this build. Don't worry they'll fix it.

2) Lumia Camera is being replaced by the default camera apps. They are adding features with store updates.

3)Sorry about that, still adding features overtime. There are rumours that some features might not come back though.

4) Settings > Network and Wireless > Mobile & Sim tap on Sim1 and tap properties. If you scroll down,there should be way to change the highest connection speed.

5) Settings > System > Battery Saver > Battery Saver Settings > then choose what percentage the phone should be on battery saver. Keeping it on 100% percent will make sure it stays ok even if you reset or charge your phone. You'll see a special icon next to the battery.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I want to know that is MS going to make more UI changes(like for action centre,lockscreen, etc) or its final and they'll just provide bug fixes and improve stability in all builds?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Hey Colin, thank you for your quick response, I appreciate it. Issue 4 and 5 are sorted thanks to you.

I did the insider update at the wrong time. I really need the lumia camera and other imaging apps. I can't go back to 8.1 this weekend since I don't have wifi or my laptop with me; at work until tomorrow.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

I want to know that is MS going to make more UI changes(like for action centre,lockscreen, etc) or its final and they'll just provide bug fixes and improve stability in all builds?

No, they are still adding features. Does anyone actually read the articles?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Hey Colin, thank you for your quick response, I appreciate it. Issue 4 and 5 are sorted thanks to you.

I did the insider update at the wrong time. I really need the lumia camera and other imaging apps. I can't go back to 8.1 this weekend since I don't have wifi or my laptop with me; at work until tomorrow.
You're welcome and sorry about that.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

Anyone have a fix on the no notifications on receiving messages and whatsapp?i have to check my phone everytime doesnt make a sound when receiving

I have working notifications and sound for WhatsApp but no sound at all for sms messages and so far been unable to find the settings for it. On the sounds settings page, the only option is to chose a ringtone. Even in the notifications settings page, WhatsApp is on the list but not sms. Maybe I'm missing something?

Lumia 1020 with latest 10512 build.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have working notifications and sound for WhatsApp but no sound at all for sms messages and so far been unable to find the settings for it. On the sounds settings page, the only option is to chose a ringtone. Even in the notifications settings page, WhatsApp is on the list but not sms. Maybe I'm missing something?

Lumia 1020 with latest 10512 build.
It's in notifications and actions. Settings > System > Notifications and Actions then you scroll down.

Siphephelo Gcabashe

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

Hey everyone!

I'm currently running build 10166 on a Lumia 1520 (don't wanna do the jump to 10512 yet til they iron out some more of the known issues).
Has any other 1520 user noticed NFC not working? I'm not sure if I'm just not tapping to share correctly/on the right point (just under the camera?), or it's not working in the preview builds, or the nfc chip in my device is broken (God forbid). This is a new phone, so I'm hoping it isn't a case of a broken chip

anon(8894772)

May 29, 2014
Visit site

Using 10512 on Lumia 920 and I'm getting a thing where if I lock the phone I can't unlock it and have to reset to use it again. Seems to be okay if there's music playing, for some reason. Extremely annoying. Annoying enough that I'm probably going to go back to 8.1 if it keeps happening.

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 1520
Build 10512

So far I've been loving how stable 10512 has been. Despite a few quirks like Groove randomly closing (music wasn't interrupted so nbd), I saw only improvements from prior builds and have been using the preview on my daily device (and showing it off!).

However, really major usability bug has developed and gotten worse since yesterday.

No matter what apps are using, regardless of rebooting or time since reboot, what's playing, or the hardware state (headphones plugged in/not, SD card in/not, bluetooth on/off, etc), I randomly lose the ability to touch input anything on the screen.

It's not just the lack of touch input which is the problem, and sometimes that remains-- Cortana opens up, goes straight to 'Listening' sometimes, or to the home screen other times. Her little animated circle will squish and freeze, sometimes she'll close again and take me to the zoomed out task switcher screen (as if I held the back button). Sometimes the UI will compress to the half screen as well, as though the windows button is being held.

Near as I can guess, I think the OS is registering holding the 3 hardware buttons, back/windows/search, though they are not being held.

There's no predictability, I had a random phone call take place as well, which was scary, then touch input was disabled so I couldn't cancel the call until powering off the screen, powering it on, and then I could cancel the call.

If anyone has a bandaid fix for this please let me know, I'll live without whatever feature I need to so this type of demon-possessing cortana doesn't randomly call other people on my contacts list!

Thanks forum superheroes, sorry if I missed this issue being addressed anywhere else!

Demos Wira Arjuna

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

In my Lumia 730 DS, my notifications and actions setting it has a red text saying "Some settings are managed by your organization" and prevents notification banners, so how to fix it ??
can anyone answered it?
thanks.

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

My Tales of W10M Build 10512 After some time...
> Bought brand new Lumia 640.
>Boot up, quickly start the upgrade to W10M
>Go to bed, hours later finally I wake up to see the install had JUST FINISHED!
>checks build number. Its 10166
>curses Gabe Aul
>checks for updates
>update starts
>3 hours later...finally on the build!
>scrolls around...realizes I should reset phone.
>goes to settings and hits the 'Reset Phone' button.
>Phone reset takes about 45 minutes.
>Finally goes through migration and hops into the build.
>Instantly start downloading all the apps I need and syncing up accounts
>Looks at smart actions and sees quiet hours blinking
>tries tapping quiet hours but no results.
>finds that quiet hours can be accessed through Cortana...praise Gabe
>goes to quick actions and hits flashlight action...no light
>tries 20 more times...no light
>locks phone and heads out to run some errands
>after exiting the store (post-shopping) I wonder why I have received no texts
>Checks phone
>there are notifications
>Signs in using PIN and goes to notification settings
>red line of text saying "Some settings are managed by your administrator (or whatever the hell it was)"
>tries all types of fixes
>Nothing works...no lockscreen notifications
>Curses Gabe
>decides to hard reset through hardware keys
>after hard reset all is well....praises Gabe for 5 hours
>loves smoothness of build and everything works like it should with very rare sightings of "Loading..."
>*A few days later*
>Sitting at table and phone is asleep near me.
>notices that glance screen time is halfway up the screen
>unlocks phone
>locks phone and glance is back at the bottom where it should be
>suddenly the minute goes from 5:04 to 5:05 and glance text rises about 3 cm up the screen...wtf
>so apparently glance screen wants to keep moving up...so be it
>goes bowling with family
>upon entrance I decide to check phone
>Types in PIN and phone freezes up
>Phone restarts
>Types in PIN again and phone freezes
>10 mins later tries again and it goes in
>Action center doesn't come down and no app launches
>the little upload indicator over network signal bars is on...something is using data
>phone still wont respond.
>Curses Gabe and puts phone away to check later
>Post-bowling takes out phone and it finally works
>All SD card apps show unavailable
>At home takes apart phone and reinserts SD card
>Phone boots up...takes long time
>SD card apps show...praise Gabe
>after that no more hold ups or freezes for the rest of the day..
>To be continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss