W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzygy

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

The main issues I'm seeing are:

1. When grouped together into a folder on the Start Screen, the tiles inside the folder tile aren't displayed and scaled properly. For instance, I have both Xbox and Xbox One Smartglass together in a folder called Xbox. The folder is a medium size tile. When the live tile for the folder updates and shows whats inside, the Smartglass icon is off center and half cut off. Other times the Xbox icon is improperly scaled, sometimes both. Also the names of apps that shows on the folder tile looks terrible and goes off center if they're too long.

2. When I try to open Xbox, it takes me to the splash screen, then the store to the Xbox app, then back to the splash screen, then crashes to Start.

3. When I plug my phone into my W10 laptop, it doesn't recognize my phone at all. It's not even listed in the device manager. It's supposed to show up in "This PC" in File Explorer but there's nothing.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Been running 10536 since release and haven't had much of a problem with my battery, but it's been really bad for this past week. I'm not sure if it's 10536 or if the battery on my L1520 has finally decided to give out. I used to get out of work with enough battery left to last me another work day. Now I'm down to 40% before bedtime. My usage hasn't changed. I even hard reset my phone before 10536, so I'm not sure where all this drain is coming from.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

After a couple of days of running it, new update:
- Email live tile still an issue, email and sender don't match.
- Store tile now shows icon, not a problem.
- Email still in conversation mode, not changeable
- Apps took a total of 37 hours to finally reinstall.

But the two things which are total deal breakers for me are:
1. Not being able to download the UK keyboard so I can use Cortana in UK English because while I don't use voice commands often, I do use the Cortana search and news interests updates every day.
2. The "loading..." issue impedes proper use of the phone. I could totally deal with everything else but rebooting and not knowing how long the phone will take to show me a start screen is potentially a major problem for me with respect to emails, texts, etc. I've waited up to 20 minutes for the phone to do all its "loading..." more than once.

In the end, what I'm seeing is that aside from the new Office and email which are much better UI-wise and feature-wise than on 8.1, and the integration of contacts, mail and calendar across all Windows platforms be they tablet, desktop, or phone, all other changes to Windows Mobile from 8.1 to 10 are purely aesthetic and only mildly UI related. Nothing is in 10 that massively improves 8.1, just things where you say, "oh.. well, that's nice, that'll be more fun to use". In a lot of ways it's like the difference between desktop 8.1 and 10. It's really mostly a new look and it gets people off Microsoft's case that hated Metro as a design. There is better syncing of calendar, email, and contacts, better implementation and features of Office, but the phone like the desktop OS, hasn't changed in a significant enough way, for me anyway, to be on the Insider preview that has those two buggy bits I listed above. Like I said, if it could at least load instantly off reboot or if that delay could be bypassed, I'd stick with it. But with that giant unknown, it's tough to stay on this.

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site

(...)But the two things which are total deal breakers for me are:
1. Not being able to download the UK keyboard so I can use Cortana in UK English because while I don't use voice commands often, I do use the Cortana search and news interests updates every day.
2. The "loading..." issue impedes proper use of the phone. I could totally deal with everything else but rebooting and not knowing how long the phone will take to show me a start screen is potentially a major problem for me with respect to emails, texts, etc. I've waited up to 20 minutes for the phone to do all its "loading..." more than once. (...)

Hey there! Have you read the answer I wrote in here? http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ew/385605-keyboard-downloads.html#post3241274

Let me know if it helps.

Michael Harrison5

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

HTC one m8, I booted straight to windows 10 prev. And when the phone lock screen came up, I unlocked it, and NOTHING was there, no apps, no installed apps, nothing, after about a minute, a few things started to show up on the app list. Settings, messaging, phone, etc slowly came available.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Been running 10536 since release and haven't had much of a problem with my battery, but it's been really bad for this past week. I'm not sure if it's 10536 or if the battery on my L1520 has finally decided to give out. I used to get out of work with enough battery left to last me another work day. Now I'm down to 40% before bedtime. My usage hasn't changed. I even hard reset my phone before 10536, so I'm not sure where all this drain is coming from.

(Another) Hard reset seems to have fixed the issue. I restored from a backup but it doesn't look like that has caused a problem. I took it off the battery at 8 a.m. and so far I've gone from 100% down to 95% (it's 11:35 now). Before doing the hard reset I lost 3% during my 12 minute drive to work.

amsats

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Hello, is anyone having problems sending mails from POP/IMAP accounts from Outlook on W10M? I had the problem in 10512 & now in 10536 as well. Just performed the recent update for Outlook, but the problem still exists. No problem in sending mails through Gmail account. I did a hard reset after update 10536 & installed all apps from scratch, but this did not solve the problem.

Other issues are minor:
- Sometimes, People app takes time to load
- Attaching photos in Whatsapp sometimes causes app to close
- Calls sometimes hang when on Bluetooth

Battery life isn't drastically different from WP8.1.

ptfuzi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Too bad that we can't edit calendar items;
Battery drains much faster;
Video playing is very laggy.
I Hope this to be solved on next build
Sent from Lumia 1020.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Too bad that we can't edit calendar items;
Not an issue here, I have no problems with calendar app at all, is it up to date?

Battery drains much faster;
Yes and no, it is different from device to device, I managed to significantly improve batter performance by disabling location services and to make it even better it remains even after re-enabling it... ( http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...latest-tp-build-result-surprisingly-good.html )

Video playing is very laggy.
Not having such problems...

I Hope this to be solved on next build
I hope so :)

Sent from Lumia 1020.
Sent from Lumia 930 :D

buttchinbill

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Just updated a few days ago so still feeling out the OS. The only issues i have run into so far involve the Xbox app (tries to load then switches to store then crashes), Bluetooth Audio can be a little choppy at times (can listen for 20 minutes no problem then have non stop issues for a song, then it is fine again), Tiles seem to blank out a lot and only fix on a phone restart, and it just seems to always be loading (apps take longer to load up, movements seem less fluid start screen loads a lot). The only one that really bothers me is the xbox app. Anyone else have this problem and a fix for it?

ptfuzi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

@teo, calendar is up to date, i edit an event and it doesn't sinchronize back, if i close the calendar and reopen It shows the original event
Sent from Lumia 1020.

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

L1520
1. Grove Music latest update doesn't close even after program shutdown. Have to press the pass button for play to stop but the program keeps running background (but not showing in running program list) - Live tiles keeps showing playing item
2. Phone gets super heated while using Grove music.
3. Not sure what happened the heating issue is very serious the past two days and no apps are opening up. All apps gets crashed. So now doing a factory reset back to 8.1 and will do an upgrade after that.

Hanaz Hamza

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Dear team
After the installation of windows technical preview my message is not not working I can't get any messages please help to slove the problem

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

Same issue for me with L1520. Did a soft reset yesterday. Now things are fine. But after soft reset Cortana went missing. Language settings are all correct and same. But Cortana is not available now.

anon(8650724)

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

On my Lumia 525 Whatsapp,Facebook messenger does not install & Nokia account app does not update & while downloading apps from store the phone is freezing & restarting.

pratok69

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

In reply to messages not working. I too had this and found on here a work around. Make sure you have the messaging app. It seemed it wasn't installing with 10536. There is a link to download it from the store...https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...pps%2Fmessenger%2F9wzdncrf0083&token=Z9mZ3ynH

After that you may have to make sure your carrier settings are correct. Under Settings, search for Access Point. Fill in info from your carrier customer support. Good Luck.

pratok69

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

Quick post to provide some help to any... I saw on these forums the other day about 10536 running kinda buggy almost unusable for a daily driver. Someone said they had issues and seemingly resolved them by removing the Cortana live tile from the start screen.?
I gave it a try and my phone seems to have improved greatly!!! I have no idea why this would be but it did seem to help. I had the same thing with Facebook app a month or so ago. Once removed, things improved , or seemed to anyway. Just a heads up.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

I decided to take a leap again and give 10 Insider Preview a run again and sadly it hasn't impressed me within the first hour. Feels sluggish Still. Also Whats up with the Video? All my icons are shifted left and I have a black line down one side.

I have a Nokia 1520. Just upgraded to Windows 10 Insider.

Sorry if this has been covered already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa