W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

All was working wonderfully with 586, but I started to mess with Glance and a couple of the other Extras & Settings. Now I have a yellow fine lined border around the edges of the screen or any area I touch. But, the phone is completely unresponsive.

Do I need to recover to 8.1 and then back up to 586?? This is going to take a couple of hours if I have to do it this way. UGH!

I have also done the "!" +,-,power,- buttons to try and reset the phone. Doesn't work either.

soft reset? no reverse to 8.1 necessary

zitty fang

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm seeing an annoying bug I've not seen reported elsewhere. On build 10586.11, Lumia 535, there are many games that don't resize to full screen when the button bar moves out of the way - there's a blank area of screen underneath were that bar sits that never gets used. Its making many games unusable.

aravindhghosh

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site

My lumia 730 is not recognized by pc in build 10581 and now remains it on build 10586. My desktop and laptop are recognizing it it both says "Windows can't recognized this device".
I tried soft/hard reset, uninstalling drivers but no one of them solved.

It was worked fine in build 10536, and it connected to pc. After upgrade of Build 10581 i tried a reset and when I connected to the computer its says Windows can't recognized. And newer build remains the same problem in 10586. Till now my phone is not connecting to pc.

Any solution for this Friends pls help I'm tired of asking?

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

640 xl dual sim from 581 upgraded to 586, then after hard reset , it seams fixed some small issues, but I still get download err from the store: unable to download the following apps: network services, lumia story teller, motion data, transfer my date, extra & info, and the err message is 0x803F8006. anyone else has download issues from the store?

Edit / Delete
Edit
Quick reply to this message

auron74

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

The last three builds, including 10586, I am experiencingserious issues with audio over Bluetooth when making a hands-free phone call. Ihave a Lumia 930 and it is connected to an Amundsen system of Skoda. Thehardware is the most common used for Volkswagen.
When the one I am calling picks up the phone, the audio isvery jittery. It takes up to one minute before the audio is normal. This is notfunctional. I found some others (Windows Feedback) experiencing the same issue,also with other car brands.
With Windows Phone 8.1 everything is working flawlessly.With Windows 10 Mobile being on short term, I am worried that the issue willnot be solved with the official release.
If Microsoft want Windows 10 Mobile the OS for businessphones at least the basic functionality should work flawlessly.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Share your most annoying bug or missing feature of the day

I'll start. I love swipe actions in Outlook. I have LEFT=read/unread, and RIGHT=delete. This is great when it works, but once every week or so WP10 decides to randomly switch my preferences. #$*&^*$!!!!!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Another one: there are cases where I'm suffering hot pocket syndrome. I'll pick the phone out of my pocket and find that the screen has been on with a Cortana reminder showing. Looks like sometimes the screen doesn't time out when a reminder comes on. #$*&^*$!!!!!

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Just this week, my phone started giving me warnings about having reached my data limit. Yet, according to the data usage app itself, I've used 1.89GB and have 1.1GB remaining. Carrier tracking validates these numbers.

Yet it still gives me an error saying I've gone over on data.

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Another one: there are cases where I'm suffering hot pocket syndrome. I'll pick the phone out of my pocket and find that the screen has been on with a Cortana reminder showing. Looks like sometimes the screen doesn't time out when a reminder comes on. #$*&^*$!!!!!

I'll frequently pull my phone out of my pocket, and find it on the challenge screen, where they make you type A1B2C3 because I've entered too many PINs wrong. I'm assuming it's the tap to wake feature gone wrong.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I'll frequently pull my phone out of my pocket, and find it on the challenge screen, where they make you type A1B2C3 because I've entered too many PINs wrong. I'm assuming it's the tap to wake feature gone wrong.
Yep, got burnt by that a couple of times on WP8.1. Turned off the double-tap to wake.

A related annoyance for me is that the hardware camera button on my 830 with 10586 *always* fires up the camera, despite the fact I have that turned off in the Camera settings, and the "prevent accidental..." turned on. I've pulled it out of my pocket a few times with the camera active (since it seems not to time out ever).

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Running build 10586.11 on my L830, by no means is it horrible but when comparing it to W8.1 there is a considerable difference in performance and overall consistency in daily use, to me it does feel a tad too clunky...

2) Outlook Mail... Renders "some" mail better than W8.1 did and is easier to read
3) Edge Browser... In comparison to IE it performs faster (for me)
4) Bing Apps... Enjoying the changes made to news and weather (layout/appearance)
5) Settings Menu layout
6) Added tiles in Action Center
7) Office apps such as Word, Excel etc.
8) Battery performance, never seen it take a hit over stock OS

Dislikes:
1) Varying results in final outcome when upgrading/installing across same/similar devices
2) Inconsistencies in how the OS performs in daily use
3) The frequencies of hard resets, sure it can help but shouldn't always be a prerequisite to obtain a "reasonable" running OS
4) Outlook Mail... The "now" removal of linked inboxes
5) Hamburger Menus
6) Overall sluggishness of OS compared to W8.1 on older or lower spec'd hardware
7) Camera... Still lacking features and feels stark compared to W8.1s offering
8) Photo App... Clunky and unappealing, slower to display thumbnails
9) Store... Well what can I say, better than previous W10M builds yet still deplorable in my opinion, too many issues/inconsistencies
10) The occasional screen flicker/flash when transitioning, say, in or out of an app
11) Apps without the option for transparent tiles
12) How some apps lose features/functionality or are slower to open (I know, may not be optimized for W10M)
13) MSs mentality of dumbing down the OS or removing features then "to be added at a later date"... Soon!
14) MSs incremental updates that seen to do little to improves one's overall experience, lack of changelogs
15) MSs "we giveth, we taketh" approach

As for my L1020, was working ok on build 10581 and maybe even a tad better than my L830 did, upgraded to 10586 and suddenly things appeared to be on the decline :-(. phone became more sluggish, responsiveness to actions seemed to diminish as did the screens touch sensitivity. OK you say, lets do a hard reset and everything should be ticketyboo, haahahaha not by a longshot, the other idiosyncrasies still existed along with a few added just to spice things up, a weird one was on occasion is when I fired up the camera, a series of 15-20 icons which looks like the camera icon itself, would display/flash on the screen for a split second, store refuses to download some apps which upon investigating appears to be a known problem and the list goes on, needless to say I'm reverting back to W8.1 as this debacle (in opinion) is getting out of hand.

Think I found a bug and not sure if it may just be mine lol, whilst my L1020 was on build 10581 I did an backup of settings/apps and OneDrive indicated such, with both 830 and 1020 on build 10586 did same to each twice yet could not find instances of any on OneDrive (no errors), finished restoring 1020 to W8.1 and tried backup again, now shows on OneDrive, L830 still don't???

Could go on for days LOL so might as well stop there, as it stands now my experiences have lessened me as a WP fan especially after toying with my L1020 and W10M, every action seems to be met with a more than anticipated negative reaction, fully aware that nothing is perfect and do not expect such but this is just becoming ridiculous. No matter how many times I restore back to W8.1 the results are similar and gratifying other than the few features missed, with W10M it has be much of a hit-n-miss affair and anyone's guess as to what you will end up with, not buying the excuses now that it still in beta/preview mode cuz we are too far along in the game for that to be the case, in my opinion it still has an early release feel to it though.

Last edited:

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

By far the most annoying one is stale unread msg count shown on lockscreen and live tiles even though I've read them (Skype, email, FB) on my W10 PC. I have to launch the apps on the phone to clear them. Main reason I've been sticking with WP is it handles basic communication tasks very well. Now it's a chore because I have to manually clear the unread counts.

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site

Pinning edge web pages to the start screen, no thumbnail of the Web page is shown as on 8.1 browser just a blue square with truncated url text, absolute rubbish!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Dan Dialogue

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site

Heat and poor battery life with light use. Lost 10% in just a couple of minutes using the camera.

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

The last three builds, including 10586, I am experiencingserious issues with audio over Bluetooth when making a hands-free phone call. Ihave a Lumia 930 and it is connected to an Amundsen system of Skoda. Thehardware is the most common used for Volkswagen.
When the one I am calling picks up the phone, the audio isvery jittery. It takes up to one minute before the audio is normal. This is notfunctional. I found some others (Windows Feedback) experiencing the same issue,also with other car brands.
With Windows Phone 8.1 everything is working flawlessly.With Windows 10 Mobile being on short term, I am worried that the issue willnot be solved with the official release.
If Microsoft want Windows 10 Mobile the OS for businessphones at least the basic functionality should work flawlessly.

My only suggestion would be too make sure your WiFi is OFF. I have found it to interfere with my Bluetooth...at times.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

I just now joined the preview program and started on the slow ring. It says I'm on 10586.

After my phone updated I received a text message from a contact, but the Messaging App did not recognize the person as a contact. It displayed their correct number but said there is no profile for that number. I checked the People app and confirmed that my contacts are all there.

I searched but could not find a reference to that problem anywhere.

CellularMan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

AT&T 1520 on 10586.11, upgraded from 8.1, and I have the following problems:

1) Hey Cortana doesn't work. Retraining also does not work - it fails to hear me.
2) Messaging + Skype app does not notify me of all new messages.
3) (SOLVED- have to visit google.com 1st) Can't change search engine in Edge even though the option is there.
4) Offline maps get stuck and fail to download
5) Cortana's commands are limited. "Drive me to work" and "drive me home" used to open my chosen navigation app and set it to the appropriate destination. Now it does a bing search. I also cannot change the default navigation app from Maps to whatever I want.
6) Generally battery life is not as good, and charging seems slower.
7) Call duration is missing from call history.
8) Messaging + Skype app does not allow you to sign in with a different MS account.
9) Skype Video app does not allow you to sign in with a different MS account.
10) No option to change default navigation app, which was possible in 8.1.
11) Windows store does not notify you when an app automatically updates, no way to easily tell what apps have recently updated on your phone.
12) Motion Data not working - you can open the app but there are no options inside.
13) Issues with Microsoft Band 2 including delayed or missing notifications and connectivity issues.
14) Audio popping sounds are occasionally heard while simply moving between apps and scrolling through the OS.
15) I believe there should be a Printer configuration in settings.
16) Maps needs to have larger more visible elements when in driving mode.
17) Battery Saver should be a live tile, and display time since last charge.
18) Voice recorder in call should be added.
19) Edge - the suggestions box sometimes fails to hide itself even after selecting a web page.
20) Cortana is slower to launch than in 8.1.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

-Hey Cortana doesnt work. Retraining also does not work - it fails to hear me.
-Messaging + Skype app does not notify me of all new messages.
-Can't change search engine in Edge even though the option is there.
-Offline maps get stuck and fail to download
-Cortana's commands are limited. "Drive me to work" and "drive me home" used to open my chosen navigation app and set it to the appropriate destination. Now it does a bing search. I also cannot change the default navigation app from Maps to whatever I want.
-generally battery life is not as good.

For changing edge default search engine: same as desktop, FIRST you have to open google.com page at least once, THEN go to settings and scroll search engine option: you'll find google

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

-Can't change search engine in Edge even though the option is there.
Go to google.com for example and while on that page in Edge, enter the advanced settings where you change search engine and now Google should be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss