W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The daily annoyances of W10M on my Lumia 830:

1. Rich Capture processing still doesn't work for HDR images with the flash off, but works fine as soon as the flash is switched on.
2. Groove music sometimes stops playing my using, the error complains about connecting to Xbox Music, despite all of my music being stored on the locally on the phone.
3. The screen flickering bug when switching music tracks from the lock screen... it looks sooooo broken.
4. The screen occasionally turns black for a second or so.
5. Attempting to attach a photo to an email in outlook sometimes gets the touch points wrong (I will be trying to select a photo and it will select a photo nowhere near where I am touching).
6. The 'News' app live tile constantly gets stuck on one picture, resizing the tile fixes it.
7. People groups don't show social updates, which is the main reason I used them. Before adding a group it states "see social updates from people in this group", but the functionality isn't there.
8. The messaging app usually crashes on the first attempt to open it after receiving an SMS, it doesn't crash on the second attempt though.
9. WP8 apps like Windows Central are very slow to launch and use.

Last edited:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Share your most annoying bug or missing feature of the day

Attempting to attach a photo to an email in outlook sometimes gets the touch points wrong (I will be trying to select a photo and it will select a photo nowhere near where I am touching)
I'll make this my annoyance of the day, because when it happens on my L1520 it's pretty infuriating. Just when you're happily sharing some nice event, things go haywire. #$*&^*$!!!!!

By the way, lots of good comments here but as I mentioned earlier this thread is not meant to become a 'list of bugs'. For that we have the bugs & defects thread. This thread is intended to share only your most annoying bug of the day, and if possible especially the ones where you could fear that they won't get noticed in the feedback app.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

OK,, my most annoying bug of the day (so far, the day is young):

It's 8:40 a.m., my phone has been in use for exactly 2 hours since I woke up and unplugged it from charging at 100%, and I am down to 60% battery life. What did I do? I looked at some emails, checked the weather, and listened to 10 minutes of a podcast. That is pathetic and obviously not tenable. Stats since 11/20 show current discharge rate of 16% per hour, and average rate of 11% per hour.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

Hi, I'm new to insider builds. Decided to finally take the plunge when 10586 hit. So I want to ask whether the missing start icon is something others are seeing as well? Is there a way to fix it or just have to wait for a new build and hope it gets fixed?

wp_ss_20151124_0001.jpg

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I'm new to insider builds. Decided to finally take the plunge when 10586 hit. So I want to ask whether the missing start icon is something others are seeing as well? Is there a way to fix it or just have to wait for a new build and hope it gets fixed?

View attachment 117289

It's a minor graphic glitch, not a real bug. It disappears during use

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

No audio notifications for texts and emails when the phone is locked.
Fun fact about that: if you get a meeting/appointment reminder from Calendar while the phone is locked, that will pop up the notification & alert as expected. And then you'll get the notifications/alerts for every single e-mail you've received since you locked the phone, whether or not you've already read and even deleted them elsewhere.
Since I get a fair amount of e-mail (across three accounts), and I have a meeting every morning, if I don't remember to unlock my phone before reminder time, I'll spend upwards of 5 minutes of constant notification alerts for stuff I read on my PC hours before.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

My latest fun thing is that bluetooth (in my 830) now supports the "messaging" profile, as does my uConnect in my Jeep. Unfortunately, neither the Jeep or the phone allow me to turn that support off. So pretty much every time I hop in to drive somewhere and the phone connects, it picks about half a dozen random messages from two or more years ago that happen to be on my phone still and sends them to uConnect as "new". So I'll get about five or so minutes of uConnect proclaiming I have a new message, timestamped for now, but the actual message is long stale (and long-since marked Read on the phone).

Chrysler owners who use their WinPhones with uConnect are going to freak when this hits the streets.

Luckily, Cortana still mostly works (though not as well as before). When I really do get a new message, uConnect will start to tell me about it, then Cortana will cut in. At least most of the time, but not all.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

Are you saying the icon disappears during use, or the glitch will disappear during use? I know it's a minor thing but I can't help but stare at it every time I switch tasks :grincry:

This poor explanation reminds me of the conundrum you face when you use a poorly designed UI, which has a ["CANCEL"] button for a task; you press the button, and up pops another UI sheet, asking "Okay to cancel?" and displaying ["OKAY"] and ["CANCEL"] buttons ... so now you're left confused: If you press ["CANCEL"], are you cancelling the request to execute the cancellation, or are you confirming it? And if you press the ["OKAY"] button, ermm... WHAT THE....?

STALKER-SVK

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

Edge is missing option to change home page
I want to set blank page or most visited sites as home page

People tile show empty circles instead of contact photos

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

That battery app by Arthur Semenov does not regularly check battery status until I open the app.

I charged my phone yesterday to 100% at 1pm, checked in battery app, showed 100%. Good

Got home, checked battery level after 6 hours of standby, showed 99%. Started browsing using UC browser and used whatsapp from 10:30 until 11 using wifi. Battery down to 79%. Switched off phone as I do every night.

Woke up in the morning, checked whatsapp, UC browser, emails and installed 7 updates. Battery down to 71% at 6:30am

Randomly checked whatsapp and emails a few times in the day. Battery down to 65%.

Now (12:30pm) I check battery, shows 64%. Check in battery app by Semenov. Shows 64%. BUT, the graph shows a straight line from the time I last checked the app which was 1pm yesterday.

The graph should look like the red line in the image. Instead the app shows something like the blue linea.jpeg

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

The day just started, but here's mine for the day: some mornings the Nokia alarm sound is horrendously distorted, almost unrecognizable, as if the speaker is blown. It's not the speaker though, because when I play it from the alarm settings it sounds just fine. #$*&^*$!!!!!

[why in this thread? It's very annoying, but has almost no votes in Feedback suggesting that it's rare]

Last edited:

Andraz Podjaversek

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

BUILD 10586.11

I have a problem with microsoft photos plug-in. When ever I check for updates, the update for Microsoft photos plug-in is available, Install completes, but whenever i check for the update again, the same update is available again.

wpss2015112500011.png

Because of that, I can't use Rich capture and other system related photo editors(other app editors like Lumia creative studio works normaly)

Does anyone have any Idea how to fix this... ?

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site

BUILD 10586.11

I have a problem with microsoft photos plug-in. When ever I check for updates, the update for Microsoft photos plug-in is available, Install completes, but whenever i check for the update again, the same update is available again.

http://shrani.si/f/y/CY/4OvembRp/wpss2015112500011.png

Because of that, I can't use Rich capture and other system related photo editors(other app editors like Lumia creative studio works normaly)

Does anyone have any Idea how to fix this... ?
remove "Lumia Moments" if installed - that fixed it for me on a Lumia 930 with 10586.11...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

This is fast becoming the thread where Joe920 whines about WP10.. :) That said Happy Thanksgiving all!

Missing feature, Thanksgiving Day edition: you can no longer pin OneDrive or Office documents to the start screen like you could in WP8. If this is supposed to feel like a PC in your pocket, wouldn't it make sense to put a bunch of imporant docs to a 'Docs' group tile on the start screen? #$*&^*$!!!!!

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

I want the month view back, in the calendar. When setting up a appointment, I can't see which days are open without hunting around.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Yes, what the heck happened to month view in calendar? That's a must have.

And why can't I link LinkedIn to contacts in my People hub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos