W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueEchoes

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

Bugs I have encountered on my 640. Will be searching this forum for any possible solutions:

1. All apps: when I need to type something, keyboard pops up and screen goes black and cannot see app or typing.
2. Battery life went from 1.5 days or so to having to charge it at noon and 6 PM +/-.
3. Fought like crazy to get my 5 email addresses in the new Outlook app. After about a dozen times, I got my personal domain emails added and my work Exchange. Still cannot get my Hotmail account (which is the email address I use for my Microsoft account) into Outlook. This has happened in the Outlook app before on my iPhone. I had to contact them (through the app which this version does not have for some reason) to clean out. Pretty annoying that I cannot add a Hotmail account to Outlook.
4. Cannot find the settings for Quiet Times at all. Totally missing in my settings.
5. I had to call ATT to get texting to work. They had to make some back end changes.

Last edited:

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Battery life on my 930 is slightly worse than with latest 8.1.

A bigger issue though is that the latest Whatsapp causes the phone to reboot at random intervals. I have about one reboot every two days. Anyone else?

Hope my phone sends logs and MS fixes this fast. Stability is not too great with 10568.29 imho.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

update after a few days usage 640xl lte dual sim:
1) battery improved from 586.11
2) touch download from store still has err, unable to get it downloaded. all other apps have been able to download successfully
3) under setting, extra, unable to set phone +sms filter
4) 3rd party apps not working.......

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
1. Can't change the Wifi and Orientation Lock notification toggle. If I want to change it, it will crash back to home screen.
2. Also, the battery charge/discharge is now err.. haywire? As per screenshot below..
20151212_0001.jpg

3. As usual, hotspot disconnects when the screen is locked. Device needs to reconnect manually.

Last edited:

kinaton

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 920. Can't use WiFi on the latest release and mobile hotspot says error connection not shared (mobile data isn't normally).

Seems to be 2 steps forward and 10 back.

Jayandran Raja

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

I'm using a preview version of Windows 10,when I try to do HW reset it is keep on rebooting i.e after the spinning gears I'm getting an smiley like this :( now I'm unable to use my phone itself, someone please help me on this

rotkod

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site

I have a problem, lumia 1020, build 10586.29, in the upper third of the screen waving...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I have a problem, lumia 1020, build 10586.29, in the upper third of the screen waving...

https://youtu.be/1mDqHZ5ScHw

I saw it only on desktops pc till now, it's named "tearing" image effect when the GPU doesn't match screen mhz vsync in certain high usage computing (like scrolling, HD video full of sparkles / movment, etc)

EDIT: definitively, that's stunning how an old generation phone could be so smooth with all that background apps :grincry:

Last edited:

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site

For the most part everything is running fine. I get random reboots every now and then. Sometimes they happen at most inopportune time and it's quite annoying. Today, for some reason, my phone flashes the critical battery message (was at around 70% to all of a sudden critical) and my phone shut off. I turned it back in and battery showed around 70% where it was before the incident. And then, with a blink, it dropped back to critical and shut off again.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

For the most part everything is running fine. I get random reboots every now and then. Sometimes they happen at most inopportune time and it's quite annoying. Today, for some reason, my phone flashes the critical battery message (was at around 70% to all of a sudden critical) and my phone shut off. I turned it back in and battery showed around 70% where it was before the incident. And then, with a blink, it dropped back to critical and shut off again.

Check and clean copper battery and phone pins, that's a false contact, not a charge calibration error

locodice

May 14, 2014
Visit site

My buys on my lumia 930 with the latest update are the this:
1)I cant swep down the short cuts from lockscreen
2)Flikering on metrotube
3)cant loging on groove
4)facebook at live tiles stuck many times on the same notification
5)while i change track on groove the tittle goes back an forth while the track changed
6)onedrive cant sync many pics and videos
7)no live tile calendar
8)microsoft fitness app doesnt count my steps

This are the problem i face some more often some less but to say the truth this built at this phones is very stable at least in my case.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

My buys on my lumia 930 with the latest update are the this:
1)I cant swep down the short cuts from lockscreen
2)Flikering on metrotube
3)cant loging on groove
4)facebook at live tiles stuck many times on the same notification
5)while i change track on groove the tittle goes back an forth while the track changed
6)onedrive cant sync many pics and videos
7)no live tile calendar
8)microsoft fitness app doesnt count my steps

This are the problem i face some more often some less but to say the truth this built at this phones is very stable at least in my case.

The screen flickering is a problem I just ran into recently as well. It seems not limited to metrotube but youtube playback in general (happened in Edge also).

Another bug I found today is when I try to copy photos from PC to the phone. It always says the file cannot be copied, but then when I look on the phone the file actually did copy over, though it doesn't show up in File Explorer on the PC. I created a feedback for this problem. If you also encounter it please help vote up:

Windows-Feedback:?contextid=52&feedbackid=6e45ed5c-e28e-48b9-a6b5-5f9cbbe1f033&form=1&src=2

devlam

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

People hub: contact picture not showing for most of the microsoft account contacts.
I have microsoft account contacts where whatsapp picture is showing
I have microsoft account contacts where whatsapp picture is not showing
First I showed only my microsoft account contacts. Then I did show als facebook contacts. Then microsoft account contacts don't get the facebook picture. Then back to only microsoft account contacts. Now the facebook contacts are shown on live tile.

SaltCityBoy

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

Can someone help me with this issue?

I wanted to upgrade to new build, but it says I don't have enough memory. When I open Storage usage, it says that my One drive is using 900MB, but files inside are no more then 200MB. Now I can't update to new build, because I can't get 700MB I need only by deleting all other apps.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Can someone help me with this issue?

I wanted to upgrade to new build, but it says I don't have enough memory. When I open Storage usage, it says that my One drive is using 900MB, but files inside are no more then 200MB. Now I can't update to new build, because I can't get 700MB I need only by deleting all other apps.

OneDrive is another thing dowsn't matter with, you must have 1.5 GB free in phone memory or sd card for download and file decompression, same as desktops / notebooks. If you got a 4 GB phone, the only way is to buy a fast sd card (10x minimum, 8 GB)

SaltCityBoy

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

I have L640 with 32GB Class 10 SD card.
System & reserved 3.93Gb, Apps & games 2.79 ( but One drive is using 921MB of it). On SD card I have 25GB of free space.

Faisol Kabir

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site

in lumia 535 ,

1.no brightness slider or manual brightness control <except low, medium, high bull****> in lumia 535,
2.too much battery drain.
3.sometimes app download stops in wifi
4.phone hangs when cortana asks to give location permission from quick settings in notification bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos