W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonytoronto2015

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

Today i fixed all the issues i had with wm10-- i bought myself a droid phone. Funny how Lolipop looks and feels so much like wm10-- but; it works.
I will miss my lumia 925- Cortana and BT issues finally did it for me. I will still use it now and than, but cant see it being my daily phone anymore.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

Today i fixed all the issues i had with wm10-- i bought myself a droid phone. Funny how Lolipop looks and feels so much like wm10-- but; it works.
I will miss my lumia 925- Cortana and BT issues finally did it for me. I will still use it now and than, but cant see it being my daily phone anymore.

you are not along. thus exactly what happens for WM's market share drops from 5% to today's 2%. Microsoft needs to speed up the real effort!.... people cannot wait for too long.....Win10Phone is a good system, but MS need to get it fully working soon.....

Fahadg

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

I have Windows Insider Preview build 10586.26 installed on my Lumia 430 and i am facing a problem that my phone battery is not getting fully charged even after putting it on charge for 5 to 6 hours. Previously on Windows 8.1 it was charging fine and getting fully charged in 2 hours. Any one facing this same problem on their phones??

Joao Bento

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

With Windows insider W10m build 10586.36 when i try to perform a search I go back to the Start screen. Anyone having this issue?

Cezar-Andrei Pufu

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

Hei. I`ve got a Lumia 930 and lately the secondary mic (the one you use for recording videos or for talking on the speaker ) does not work. It`s not a hardware issue, as I`ve reverted to Windows 8.1 and it worked, but after I`ve reinstalled the TP it stopped working again. Anyone else have this issue?

amaxmx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I still have these two issues after updating to every new build:
1- If you lock your phone using the hardware key it will not ask you for the security pin when unlocking it. You enter to the start screen immediately.
2- One handed mode still doesn't allow scrolling in start screen and lots of apps.
My question is does anyone of you have these problems or is it just me? I have tried hard reset two builds before this one and it didn't solve them. should I try again ?

damerson

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

wp_ss_20160111_0004[1].png
App: Microsoft Marketplace
Version: 2015.25.15.0
Issue: Loading wheel on the text "Find updates".

kunalmehta

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

after upgrading to windows 10 I am facing problems with whatsapp ( i am unable to do video calling and i can send through mic)

NunoHelena

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Good night, someone knows please help me, I have luimia 950 xl and thought he had 3G RAM but when I test the RAM see in test applications that actually he only have 2048 mb, it is normal?
Thank you ,

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site

Build 10.0.10586.63 Lumia 1020 with Cyan
  • Microsoft edge is broken. I can't scroll down without experiencing a weird effect that makes a horizontal line or lines of pixels to repeat through all the screen making it impossible to read anything.
  • VPN: When I change any value in a connection properties and tap "Connect", the whole settings app crashes to the Home Screen
  • The speed of the dialing pad in the Phone app (tap numbers to find a name) is awfully slow and sometimes it even fails to register all the numbers I'm pressing.
  • WhatsApp: If I tap a conversation and immediately tap the text to write, the keyboard appears and then hides and then appears again and only then I'm able to write.
  • Random Crashes. They are few, but they are there.
  • Battery life is now bad, I'm having 2-4 hours less of life compared to the previous build.
  • This happens randomly, but apps are unable to resume and they crash to the home screen after a while waiting with a black screen.
  • General performance is lackluster. Sometimes it takes me 1 second to go to the home screen after I swipe the lock screen up, other times it takes me 10 seconds.
  • Messaging: This is super annoying, old skype conversations (And I mean 3 month old conversations) keep popping even if they are marked as read an deleted.
  • This is no bug per-se but... for all that is holy, change the awful search UI presented when I tap the magnifier. The windows 8.1 was far superior, and it also felt faster.
  • Home screen: I'm still having issues when I scroll down the screen. It still makes that awkward jump downwards.
  • Mail app: Mails are rendered outside the screen. This issue has existed for so long that I'm starting to think it is actually a core feature of the OS.
  • When using my phone as hotspot, if the screen goes to sleep the whole connection is lost.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Build 10.0.10586.63 Lumia 1020 with Cyan
  • Microsoft edge is broken. I can't scroll down without experiencing a weird effect that makes a horizontal line or lines of pixels to repeat through all the screen making it impossible to read anything.
  • VPN: When I change any value in a connection properties and tap "Connect", the whole settings app crashes to the Home Screen
  • The speed of the dialing pad in the Phone app (tap numbers to find a name) is awfully slow and sometimes it even fails to register all the numbers I'm pressing.
  • WhatsApp: If I tap a conversation and immediately tap the text to write, the keyboard appears and then hides and then appears again and only then I'm able to write.
  • Random Crashes. They are few, but they are there.
  • Battery life is now bad, I'm having 2-4 hours less of life compared to the previous build.
  • This happens randomly, but apps are unable to resume and they crash to the home screen after a while waiting with a black screen.
  • General performance is lackluster. Sometimes it takes me 1 second to go to the home screen after I swipe the lock screen up, other times it takes me 10 seconds.
  • Messaging: This is super annoying, old skype conversations (And I mean 3 month old conversations) keep popping even if they are marked as read an deleted.
  • This is no bug per-se but... for all that is holy, change the awful search UI presented when I tap the magnifier. The windows 8.1 was far superior, and it also felt faster.
  • Home screen: I'm still having issues when I scroll down the screen. It still makes that awkward jump downwards.
  • Mail app: Mails are rendered outside the screen. This issue has existed for so long that I'm starting to think it is actually a core feature of the OS.
  • When using my phone as hotspot, if the screen goes to sleep the whole connection is lost.

For some of these issues, you can solve using a hard reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720