Windows 10 for Phones

shehryaramjad

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I really want Windows 10 for Phones but I only have one device to install it on and it's my primary device. Should I go through with the installation and risk it or stay back and get excited by seeing screenshots of it?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I really want Windows 10 for Phones but I only have one device to install it on and it's my primary device. Should I go through with the installation and risk it or stay back and get excited by seeing screenshots of it?

At the moment W10 is both extremely unstable and not really offering much in terms of improvements over W8.1.1 so it would be wise to hold back on the update till later more stable builds arrive with the complete set of features especially when u have only one phone.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and bought a Lumia 635 on Amazon so I can play with the technical preview. Not bad backup phone actually. If you can afford it, get yourself a backup.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
At the moment W10 is both extremely unstable and not really offering much in terms of improvements over W8.1.1 so it would be wise to hold back on the update till later more stable builds arrive with the complete set of features especially when u have only one phone.

I't has bugs, but I wouldn't say it is 'extremely unstable'. All the major functions work, and work well. In fact for a first release, MS have done a superb job. The bugs that exist are pretty minor. There are some UI inconsistencies, but nothing to detract from the OS.
I'm excited to see what MS offer for the full release. It should be spectacular!!!

I would say that if you are unsure of what you are doing, hold off for for a while....

Barracuda7772

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I't has bugs, but I wouldn't say it is 'extremely unstable'. All the major functions work, and work well. In fact for a first release, MS have done a superb job. The bugs that exist are pretty minor. There are some UI inconsistencies, but nothing to detract from the OS.
I'm excited to see what MS offer for the full release. It should be spectacular!!!

I would say that if you are unsure of what you are doing, hold off for for a while....

I agree with this 100%, I decided to be brave or stupid ? And put 10 TP onmy only phone. I have a 635 and aside from very minor bugs this is very usable.

Some apps even run much faster. I mean sure you have to sometimes do certain tasks 2 or 3 times for them to work ....like lock screen background and band connectivity amd a few other things don't work. people talk about cell data not working but you have to manually enter your son.

All in all for my experience this build is very usable.

Plus if something goes awry you can alwaysnroll back to 8.1

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I put it on my only phone my 635 and for the most part it's pretty stable data sms phone calls all work. Only slight issues I've had is having to reinstall apps and slight lag and the battery drains more. But I love new notification center and the new voice dictation that is always on the keyboard so I will stick it out

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Looks like people have varying experiences, for instance take a look at Mark's video @55 Seconds where he demos the keyboard and in onenote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mzTG0VbxVfw#t=57

If this was happening on my only phone...

Needless to say if people want to shoot off their own limbs, then by all mean go right on ahead but don't say people didn't warn you that it would be a rather painful experience:winktongue::winktongue:.

As much I would love to hack and install Windows 10 on my phone, I'm not I have burnt my fingers and shot off my limbs more than I can count due to eagerness and curiosity to try the newest & latest rom builds in the past.

aseferian

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I waited a while to make sure any crippling initial bugs were fixed, and then chose the "slow" option when installing it on my 830 (my only phone). I am pleased so far (it's been a couple days). It is perfectly stable, and my phone runs fine. I've only noticed a couple of places, most obviously in the photo app, where you can easily see it's an unfinished product. So far so good.

I chose this this somewhat dangerous option because I'm a long time AT&T customer, and I know well how exasperatingly slow they can be releasing updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon