Windows 10 Spotify issue

ortizang

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently running windows 10 in my phone. Today I noticed that Spotify is not working. Any of you guys getting the same error?

c41

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
there will be no fix / support until the windows 10 release. (source: spotify care twitter) but it seems to an OS-related bug and maybe dissappear after a future preview update

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for bringing this up. We had some Spotify issues a while back, but thought we had resolved them. I'll take another look.

Can you give me specifics of error messages if you have any?

Last edited:

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for bringing this up. We had some Spotify issues a while back, but thought we had resolved them. I'll take another look.

Can you give me specifics of error messages if you have any?

Hi, I might as well jump in here... I have Windows 10 on a Lumia 830 and have following Spotify issues:

1. None of my playlists or saved albums show correctly. I can tap on a playlist, but it just shows a long list of "empty slots", ie there are no artist/album/song titles.
2. When you search for an artist or an album and then tap on a song to play it, either nothing happens or the Spotify app just shuts down and you get sent back to the start screen.

In other words, I haven't been able to play a single song on Spotify since Windows 10. Still loving most things with the Technical Preview! :)

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes! The new update to Spotify seems to have fixed all my issues. Now my playlists work as they should and I can search for artists/albums and play their songs.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
For me Spotify repeatedly crashes and shuts down after end of every song. No matter where I play this song from - playlist, browse, discover, offline, online or radio - it just crashes when it tries to go to next song. This is on latest 10 TP.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
For me Spotify repeatedly crashes and shuts down after end of every song. No matter where I play this song from - playlist, browse, discover, offline, online or radio - it just crashes when it tries to go to next song. This is on latest 10 TP.

Have u tried reinstalling? I haven't had any of those issues

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah plenty of reinstalls and even a couple of fresh OS installations - nothing changes. More noticeable is - its EXACTLY the same on the PC TP too when using desktop app. However, Metro app (Spotlite) doesn't crash or anything.

BiggishTuba558

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I am not able to open Spotify on Windows 10 Mobile build 10549. It shows only the splash screen and an error message about the impossibility to reproduce audio, inviting to restart the app.

geex4

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution to this? this is happening to me with windows 10. here in 2016 I have tried this also re-installing, Spotify etc. what was your fix? please help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234