Win 10 will support USB screen sharing like iPhone?

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
That's one the biggest problem for me, as teacher and student... some other teachers or mates do project their PPT over ther ipad or iphone... just with the correct connector...
But I have to use a laptop, there's no option for me (without wifi)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 already supports screen sharing via USB while some of them also support wireless screen sharing via Miracast

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 already supports screen sharing via USB while some of them also support wireless screen sharing via Miracast

No, they support USB sharing to A PC through the app on windows 8.1... That means that you can project your lumia screen on your PC and then from PC to projector... YOU STILL NEED A PC... with iPad or iPhone you don't need that

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
No, they support USB sharing to A PC through the app on windows 8.1... That means that you can project your lumia screen on your PC and then from PC to projector... YOU STILL NEED A PC... with iPad or iPhone you don't need that

That's because of the built in support of the device you plug into, not the phone.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

This is because iOS devices support video out through their Lightning/30-pin connector. It's a carryover from the iPod days so you could connect it directly to your TV and watch videos on it. The port on the Windows Phones (so far) are just normal micro USB connectors. There is an equivalent called MHL that basically combines HDMI with the micro USB port, but I've only seen Android devices with that so far. Until a manufacturer releases a phone with a connector that also supports MHL, there won't be any way to natively do video out to a projector like that. It's just a limitation of USB right now...

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
This is because iOS devices support video out through their Lightning/30-pin connector. It's a carryover from the iPod days so you could connect it directly to your TV and watch videos on it. The port on the Windows Phones (so far) are just normal micro USB connectors. There is an equivalent called MHL that basically combines HDMI with the micro USB port, but I've only seen Android devices with that so far. Until a manufacturer releases a phone with a connector that also supports MHL, there won't be any way to natively do video out to a projector like that. It's just a limitation of USB right now...

That answer my question... :( so android devices don't support this neither

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05