That's one the biggest problem for me, as teacher and student... some other teachers or mates do project their PPT over ther ipad or iphone... just with the correct connector...
    But I have to use a laptop, there's no option for me (without wifi)
    02-15-2015 08:25 PM
    Windows Phone 8.1 already supports screen sharing via USB while some of them also support wireless screen sharing via Miracast
    02-15-2015 08:30 PM
    Windows Phone 8.1 already supports screen sharing via USB while some of them also support wireless screen sharing via Miracast
    No, they support USB sharing to A PC through the app on windows 8.1... That means that you can project your lumia screen on your PC and then from PC to projector... YOU STILL NEED A PC... with iPad or iPhone you don't need that
    02-17-2015 06:56 PM
    No, they support USB sharing to A PC through the app on windows 8.1... That means that you can project your lumia screen on your PC and then from PC to projector... YOU STILL NEED A PC... with iPad or iPhone you don't need that
    That's because of the built in support of the device you plug into, not the phone.
    02-18-2015 01:07 AM
    This is because iOS devices support video out through their Lightning/30-pin connector. It's a carryover from the iPod days so you could connect it directly to your TV and watch videos on it. The port on the Windows Phones (so far) are just normal micro USB connectors. There is an equivalent called MHL that basically combines HDMI with the micro USB port, but I've only seen Android devices with that so far. Until a manufacturer releases a phone with a connector that also supports MHL, there won't be any way to natively do video out to a projector like that. It's just a limitation of USB right now...
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-19-2015 08:51 AM
    This is because iOS devices support video out through their Lightning/30-pin connector. It's a carryover from the iPod days so you could connect it directly to your TV and watch videos on it. The port on the Windows Phones (so far) are just normal micro USB connectors. There is an equivalent called MHL that basically combines HDMI with the micro USB port, but I've only seen Android devices with that so far. Until a manufacturer releases a phone with a connector that also supports MHL, there won't be any way to natively do video out to a projector like that. It's just a limitation of USB right now...
    That answer my question... :( so android devices don't support this neither
    02-19-2015 07:51 PM
    Get a Miracast dongle. Actiontec Screenbeam Mini2 is $39.99 on Amazon. I'm getting mine on Tuesday.
    03-06-2015 10:07 PM
    Get a microsoft wireless adaptor, and project your ppt through miracast. It is much more convenient.
    03-06-2015 10:47 PM
    Get a microsoft wireless adapter, and project your ppt through miracast. It is much more convenient.
    That's what I said. The Mini2 is like $30(US) cheaper than the MSFT unit.
    03-06-2015 11:10 PM