How to opt out of preview builds?

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay I enrolled using one of those chinese Methods to upgrade my 620 to tech preview, but now I need to have minimum 300Mb Left in partition to complete the process, where as I have 200 ...And i Cannot afford to reset or flash my phone .... So I keep getting prompts to install the update which fails after going to the gears menu and finding only 200Mb is left in Partition .... any way to opt out of the update and just Revert back ........

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay I enrolled using one of those chinese Methods to upgrade my 620 to tech preview, but now I need to have minimum 300Mb Left in partition to complete the process, where as I have 200 ...And i Cannot afford to reset or flash my phone .... So I keep getting prompts to install the update which fails after going to the gears menu and finding only 200Mb is left in Partition .... any way to opt out of the update and just Revert back ........

Maybe you could ask the "Chinese".

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Okay I enrolled using one of those chinese Methods to upgrade my 620 to tech preview, but now I need to have minimum 300Mb Left in partition to complete the process, where as I have 200 ...And 1).. i Cannot afford to reset or flash my phone .... So I keep getting prompts to install the update which fails after going to the gears menu and finding only 200Mb is left in Partition .... any way to opt out of the update and just Revert back ........

Try the 2) Lumia Recovery Tool.

Otherwise, no idea. I guess you were warned would apply here..

Microsoft clearly explained the why and how. You choose to hack around and lost out.. If you can't flash back I guess you're left with a brick..

1) Why??

2) like Paul said use the LRT...that is what I have done

krishna T

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
What happens if you don't have Windows Insider app. Try uninstalling it.

Just remembered, please check mail from "Windows Insider Program <windowsinsiderprogram@e-mail.microsoft.com>". It has a link to "leave the program".

Easier way : Login to https://insider.windows.com/, on the first page scroll down to bottom and you have "Leave Program" tab.

Last edited:

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

To install windows 10 you need to have 300-500 mb space in sys partition....I think you missed that criteria so no problem..What you have to do now is revert to windows phone 8.1 via WSRT or LSRT and then install the windows insider and check the about status..
If it has >300mb then goahead to install windows 10 ....This time your installation will be successful :)
Note : Do this if u want to install Windows 10 TP despite risk and if don't want to use Preview for Developers to get 8.1 update and stay on it for a while until MS supports other models

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
i Cannot afford to reset or flash my phone

So you can't be afford to reset or re-flash your phone, but attempted to install an unfinished and potentially unstable build of an unreleased Operating System that is aimed at developers and enterprise IT support on a device that Microsoft purposely chose NOT to support with the current build using a hack that isn't supported my Microsoft? Fantastic.

Well, the solution is simple - either deal with the prompts or re-flash your device. That's it. There's nothing else you can do.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
OK. Here is how to opt out :
Login (with the same credentials used while enrolling for the program) to https://insider.windows.com/, on the first page scroll down to bottom and you have "Leave Program" tab.

This is good to know, but it still doesn't help the OP with the problem that the update is already downloaded and waiting to install on his device - even if he leaves the Insider program the update will still be downloaded and await installation

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the many replies will flash mostly ..... But downloading from the server (where the OS resides) keeps timing out which pissed me off and that is what brought up this question ... I was aware of what I was getting into ..... Till the image from server is downloaded have to deal with the prompts .... Good thing is it resumes where it got interrupted while downloading .... Thanks again 😊

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Try the Lumia Recovery Tool.

Otherwise, no idea. I guess you were warned would apply here..

Microsoft clearly explained the why and how. You choose to hack around and lost out.. If you can't flash back I guess you're left with a brick..
It would never be a brick .. It would just have annoying prompts and a restart at around three in the morning as that is when I have set it to install updates.... It is as good as it gets with a 2 year old handset ....

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the many replies will flash mostly ..... But downloading from the server (where the OS resides) keeps timing out which pissed me off and that is what brought up this question ... I was aware of what I was getting into ..... Till the image from server is downloaded have to deal with the prompts .... Good thing is it resumes where it got interrupted while downloading .... Thanks again 😊

This is a (totally) different story than in your first post.
So please if you post again include all the details so a better answer can be given.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon