How is the experience. Is your device renamed to 635?

i did it too and now an update is ready to download. But i think i wait until my device (520) is supported. Until that time it's fun to look at the message ;). But if when my device is supported what should i do, my device is now configuerd for 635.
    02-16-2015 04:06 PM
    If you're not going to install it, your best bet is to "rename" it back to the original.
    I know for sure I won't install the preview untill it officially supports my device, and until the TP is worth installing.
    Right now, it has nice features, but nothing that would make me switch.
    One of the main things that keeps me on 8.1 are the skinned tiles. If they add that in the next build, I may as well switch.

Also, I know that everyone's saying how installing W10 TPfP on unsupported devices is dangerous and may brick your device, but I feel like it's not THAT dangerous.
    Still haven't heard that anyone bricked their device that way.
    02-16-2015 04:19 PM
    If you're not going to install it, your best bet is to "rename" it back to the original.
    I know for sure I won't install the preview untill it officially supports my device, and until the TP is worth installing.
    Right now, it has nice features, but nothing that would make me switch.
    One of the main things that keeps me on 8.1 are the skinned tiles. If they add that in the next build, I may as well switch.

Also, I know that everyone's saying how installing W10 TPfP on unsupported devices is dangerous and may brick your device, but I feel like it's not THAT dangerous.
    Still haven't heard that anyone bricked their device that way.
    And how should i "rename" it? Do You know that
    02-16-2015 04:50 PM
    How is the experience. Is your device renamed to 635?

i did it too and now an update is ready to download. But i think i wait until my device (520) is supported. Until that time it's fun to look at the message ;). But if when my device is supported what should i do, my device is now configuerd for 635.
    If you do a full reset of the OS on your phone after that will fix you up :)
    02-16-2015 04:53 PM
    If you do a full reset of the OS on your phone after that will fix you up :)
    So Just go back to factory settings?
    02-16-2015 05:01 PM
    yes factory reset
    02-16-2015 05:20 PM