Why I still love Windows (phone) even with hamburgers...

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
My L1520 screen is broken. I need to use two phones, and I'm using an iPhone 5 and an Android phone, a 2014 LG phone with Kitkat 4.4.2.

Well, everyone is crying because "the hamburger", and I only can say "you are blind", yes, I'm really missing my phone, and not because the camera or the 1080p screen (I love it), it is because the OS.

First, I don't like the cloud integration on both devices, this is one of the things that I miss from my phone. Not only my OneDrive documents, all the sync data, like wifi pass or even my favourites. I can install some programs here and there on my Surface Pro, but with my WP everything is done right without any extra application.

The UI. iOS? bored. Really, it is bored. My L1520 home screen is great, and it is alive. Android? well... IMO it is Meh... I appreciate some features, I can install another launcher or some apps, but at the end, it feels like a mix of things, not as in WP.

Apps. I feel cheated here. Months reading things like "iOS/Android apps are better", or "there are no quality apps on WP compared to iOS/Android"... bs! I can't find a really substitute for myTube, even on iOS, even the pictures hub (IMO) is a lot better than the gallery apps on iOS/Android. Skype worse on WP? really? I don't think so. Even I like WP Whatsapp more than Android version. I can stay talking about more apps, like IE (I don't like Safari), etc.

Updates? I can't update my 2014 phone... and I know that Apple will stop to support my iPhone 5 soon. My L920, a 2012 phone, will get Windows 10, take that Apple and Google!

I know that there are some things that can need some work on WP, for example the Store or the app gap, but I really appreciate my WP device when comparing to other devices.

Hamburgers? well, if it is well implemented, and most used functions are located at the bottom, I don't have any issues with the hamburger menu.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, someone else who's used multiple devices and knows that WP has strengths and that hamburger menus aren't the end of the world!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon