8.1 style background is still possible in WP10

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Interesting find when I hacked my backup 925 to W10, when I chose to let it back up from my main phone, it also applied the current background, which obviously is the 8.1 style background! So, while Microsoft did say they'd implement it, it looks like it is still there, its just not linked to the settings yet, if anyone wants that back, just backup from the last 8.1 backup you had (if you have multiple phones which you really should if your installing the W10 TP then you can change the background on that one, then back it up, then restore your W10 phone using the latest backup and it should apply!)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Joe belfiore had gone on record to say that both the current style of background and the newer style bg will be options in W10.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
But did you try to remove the old background pic and add a new one?

Joe belfiore had gone on record to say that both the current style of background and the newer style bg will be options in W10.

you know, if either of you had read the complete post, then you'd know I mentioned both of those points already ._.

So, while Microsoft did say they'd implement it, it looks like it is still there, its just not linked to the settings yet

All I was saying in this post is that I accidentally found a way to still use them until they get officially supported..

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
All I was saying in this post is that I accidentally found a way to still use them until they get officially supported

Chill mate :) I did read through your post (there is no reason to assume I didn't), but apparently I did not understand it. Otherwise I would've noticed that you mentioned that you have the old setting now with w10, but can also change your background picture at will, without losing the setting...

I think Muessig was just adding his .02 cents

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
you know, if either of you had read the complete post, then you'd know I mentioned both of those points already ._.

All I was saying in this post is that I accidentally found a way to still use them until they get officially supported..

I realise you wanted to create a thread to inform the community about this, and that's great. We were participating in this thread to clarify it and further help the community.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Chill mate :) I did read through your post (there is no reason to assume I didn't), but apparently I did not understand it. Otherwise I would've noticed that you mentioned that you have the old setting now with w10, but can also change your background picture at will, without losing the setting...

I think Muessig was just adding his .02 cents

I realise you wanted to create a thread to inform the community about this, and that's great. We were participating in this thread to clarify it and further help the community.

sorry, I shouldn't of assumed neither of you read ^^"
it was mostly for those who jumped on the TP and may of wanted to use the old style background, I was just showing a crappy work around I found (its a decent one as long as you don't change your background every week lol)

anyway, the super large tiles look nice with the 8.1 style background, I hope that microsoft allows the option to use both wallpapers together, I can think of some pretty cool things to do with using both (think the new tiles app with yet another layer to toy with... could make some real neat art!)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
My 925 was going cuckoo, so I got the 920 as a backup.. I was lucky, because a month later my 925 went "bye bye bye".. I'm holding out for a true flagship :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs