we all know windows 10 for phones is gonna be rich featured. apps are being written with the same code/ universal apps. but rhe hamburger menu is not meant for windows UI. it looks damn ugly.

its good to keep thst menu for pc but not for phones. and it will be very bad to use it on windows phablets and its not at all minimalistic.

so do agree with thst hamburger should be removed or it should be placed at the bottom in the screen. or they should keep the 3 dots which is there currently and also suits the os. ?????
    02-22-2015 12:08 AM
    I agree and disagree, it is minimalist and makes the UI a lot nicer but it depends when and where. As a developer and designer I know that it looks good on flat UI but not the type thats on the Windows 10 photos app. I like the hamburger menus but if you can only access it by a click instead of a swipe from the left-right than im not too sure. So it all depends HOW and WHEN they use it and if the swipe is implemented and if the UI us suitable
    02-22-2015 12:12 AM
    but to be frank it will be difficult for a 1520, 1320, 930 user to deal with those hamburger menus. i think it is better to keep things at the bottom of the screen to use things easily even with one hand too. mid range and low range phone user may not have any problem while using hamburger menu but the high end users may complain about it.
    02-22-2015 10:42 AM
    There are plenty of other threads already discussing the pro and contra of the hamburger menu. I won't list them all here since I'm on mobile, but the forum search feature will surface them easily.

Closed
    02-22-2015 11:18 AM