Will the Windows 10 developer preview be in the other Lumia's?

Youssef Mohammed

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
are windows 10 developer preview will be in the other lumias

Hello everyone
Since the released windows 10 phone and nothing new about the Lumia phone does support it so is the other Lumia phones will wait for the users release or it will get the developer preview ?

Last edited:

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: are windows 10 developer preview will be in the other lumias

Uhh your post is a bit confusing, can you clear it up a bit? I think other Lumia will get W10 eventually so let's be patient

Afaik PFD is available in Windows Insider app (through Insider Slow) but I read somewhere that there is Windows Insider and there's Preview for Developer (they're different), I forgot which one is true

Hope it helps!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Windows Insider will get access to Windows 10 for Phone previews as/when Microsoft releases it to certain handsets. It's still a preview. It's expected to be buggy. No one knows the schedule. Only Microsoft know if/when other handsets may get it. No one else.
Spideymaniac's right, ​Preview for Developers is another app for more "polished" builds. Again, only Microsoft knows if/when builds will get released. No one else knows. And Microsoft aren't telling.
​Microsoft have previously said any handset running Windows Phone 8 will be eligible to get to Windows 10 for Phone when it is released. No one knows when that will be. Or even if they'll stick to that promise.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Windows Insider will get access to Windows 10 for Phone previews as/when Microsoft releases it to certain handsets. It's still a preview. It's expected to be buggy. No one knows the schedule. Only Microsoft know if/when other handsets may get it. No one else.
Spideymaniac's right, ​Preview for Developers is another app for more "polished" builds. Again, only Microsoft knows if/when builds will get released. No one else knows. And Microsoft aren't telling.
​Microsoft have previously said any handset running Windows Phone 8 will be eligible to get to Windows 10 for Phone when it is released. No one knows when that will be. Or even if they'll stick to that promise.

Agreed, just have to be patient. Although I must admit that I'm quite anxious to start testing and providing feedback to MSFT. Not sure I want to pick up a boring Lumia 635 for that purpose though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss