09-25-2015 02:50 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    1 this link is from a third party, not microsoft. you specifically asked for microsoft release information, and reiterate the request in #3. the verge is not a credible source, per your own criteria.
    I don't know how else to state this. I asked for a direct quote from Microsoft regarding "six more months" or "wait and see". Nothing else.

3 ok, but wpcentral likes to post news, and the opinions here matter. wpcentral's own headlines SHOULD be a good source for information, i consider them to be so.
    The Verge citation was for the Office bundling with Samsung that you had never heard of. Nothing else.

2 this is a good question, and i'll try to illustrate why it matters now:
    preinstalled = no user input, no user searched out, installed, or necessarily used that office suite. i've seen quite a few phones and tablets that have had an office suite installed on them, and when i pressed the icon to see what it was like, was met with the initial splash and setup screens.
    user installed = user searched out and installed an office suite themselves. they are much more likely to USE IT on a daily basis, if they were actively looking for a solution, and installed it instead of just having it on their phones.
    these two differences are what are not defined in the overall view of from the google and microsoft stores. the better metric (arguably) is the user ratings, and HOW MANY users rated the application.
    I don't know how or why you went off on this tangent. All I mentioned was that Polaris had been around on Android much longer than Office and it made sense for Polaris to be higher on the usage charts. Nothing else.

I have no idea what this has to do with pre-installed or user-installed. If an app is bundled with the OS, whether it's ethical or not, it stands to reason people will be more familiar with it than with an app that has to be "searched for".
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-18-2015 01:39 PM
    I wonder how many users install apps but never bother to rate/review them. I even got popups for Windows Phone Store apps asking me to rate/review, but I often dismissed those popups; sometimes I even uninstalled those apps, due to the nag factor. I'd say I usually rate or review apps I absolutely love or were absolutely buggy/unusable. Most never get ratings/reviews from me.

I have 106 apps from Google Play so far for my Android device, but I haven't rated or reviewed a single one so far.
    fatclue_98 and spideymaniac like this.
    03-18-2015 02:11 PM
    I don't know how else to state this. I asked for a direct quote from Microsoft regarding "six more months" or "wait and see". Nothing else.

The Verge citation was for the Office bundling with Samsung that you had never heard of. Nothing else.

I don't know how or why you went off on this tangent. All I mentioned was that Polaris had been around on Android much longer than Office and it made sense for Polaris to be higher on the usage charts. Nothing else.

I have no idea what this has to do with pre-installed or user-installed. If an app is bundled with the OS, whether it's ethical or not, it stands to reason people will be more familiar with it than with an app that has to be "searched for".

i've explained why app counts are not good metrics twice now, but the posts keep getting deleted.

oh well. i guess it's not going to be a discussion.
    03-20-2015 06:02 AM
    I wonder how many users install apps but never bother to rate/review them. I even got popups for Windows Phone Store apps asking me to rate/review, but I often dismissed those popups; sometimes I even uninstalled those apps, due to the nag factor. I'd say I usually rate or review apps I absolutely love or were absolutely buggy/unusable. Most never get ratings/reviews from me.

I have 106 apps from Google Play so far for my Android device, but I haven't rated or reviewed a single one so far.

this ^^^

the ratings seem to be from people that actually use applications, and find them similarly useful/annoying as you've stated.

unfortunately, a pre-install doesn't meet any of this criteria.
    03-20-2015 06:04 AM
    Just for info for the OP. I have a windows Lumia 830 which I really like. I also have quite a few blackberry phones from BB9700 to Z10,Z30,Q10 and have been on the site "Crackberry.com" since way back. I have never seen where a blackberry was called a "Crackberry". Crackberry refers to the site for Blackberry. I have seen others also say the same as the OP did but, again, never have I seen nor referred to any of my blackberries as crackberries! I don't know where people are coming up with this stuff.
    03-20-2015 12:46 PM
    I don't know where people are coming up with this stuff.
    Why would you doubt it? Isn't everything on the internet true?
    03-20-2015 03:08 PM
    Just for info for the OP. I have a windows Lumia 830 which I really like. I also have quite a few blackberry phones from BB9700 to Z10,Z30,Q10 and have been on the site "Crackberry.com" since way back. I have never seen where a blackberry was called a "Crackberry". Crackberry refers to the site for Blackberry. I have seen others also say the same as the OP did but, again, never have I seen nor referred to any of my blackberries as crackberries! I don't know where people are coming up with this stuff.
    The Urban Dictionary entry is dated from 2004. That's prior to the existence of the CrackBerry. com site. Urban Dictionary: Crackberry
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Crackberry

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    03-20-2015 03:27 PM
    I'm pretty sure people started calling them Crackberries around the same time they started calling them smartphones. It was very early on.
    03-21-2015 02:45 AM
    Urban Dictionary? huh? That's a new one on me. I think I will check the Barbarianthemadserb dictionary to see if the Urban dictionary exists. hahahahaha
    03-21-2015 04:04 PM
    Urban Dictionary? huh? That's a new one on me. I think I will check the Barbarianthemadserb dictionary to see if the Urban dictionary exists. hahahahaha
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...c-00237de2db9e

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    03-21-2015 04:20 PM
    In related news, WMPU has recently reported that Blackberry is going up for sale and that there are Rumors about MS being interested.

I was trying to copy/paste the link, but these Windows Central forums do not play well with Spartan and will not show the paste icon no matter how often I try.

Anyways, yeah the term Crackberry has been around for a while and was more common around the time of the BB Pearl. News and political reports have also used the term a few times showing politicians doing stuff on their phones. The last time I heard it was with a report about Obama when he was still either going through the first election or shortly after he was elected.
    Again, I tried to paste a link but these forums are buggered.

The only forums or site that gives me issues too.

WC Forums have been giving me issues even back on IE but with not being able to highlight text or move my selections easily.

But that's another topic. A quick search for Obama and Crackberry will bring up results. You just need to scroll past the crackberry site links first.

But yeah, it's an old term and the crackberry site did not invent the term.
    05-24-2015 09:28 AM
    I presume this was the article in question.

http://wmpoweruser.com/blackberry-la...isition-swirl/

It will be a pity...after a couple of years of virtual keyboards, I've finally managed the art of typing and not looking at the keys on my Passport. One of the nice things about a physical kb.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport
    05-25-2015 07:53 AM
    MS should announce a partnership with Blackberry to release Blackberry Phones Running W10 with Blackberry features and apps.... While at the same time, include some of Blackberry's more popular and unique features to the overall W10 ecosystem.
    I would love this. A BlackBerry Priv slider phone with Windows 10, the BlackBerry experience suite (hub, calendar and virtual keyboard) and continuum. (Ok, add an Intel processor so I can leave my Surface Pro at home and I would pay a ridiculous amount for it.)
    09-25-2015 02:50 PM
88 ... 234