Add a Camera shortcut to Lockscreen - By swiping in from the left

anon(5843918)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Currently on lower-mid range windows phones, they do not have a hardware camera button on the side of the phone. However to compensate for this and to benefit all users, introducing a way to launch camera from the lockscreen without using physical button. Therefore this would greatly improve windows phone experience and bring it on par with lockscreen functionality of android and ios.

E.g. by swiping in from the left edge on the lockscreen would launch the camera. Therefore users would be able to launch the camera very quickly and easily
illustration_of_swiping_from_left_edge.jpg

Please vote @ windowsphoneuservoice to rasie awareness and hopefully instigate a change:
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/7184210-add-a-camera-shortcut-to-lockscreen-by-swiping-i

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes we really need a shortcut because swiping down the notification panel and clicking on the toggle is messy......instead if we have a shortcut on lockscreen it would be better

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
On Windows 8.1 for tablets, they already have a lock screen shortcut for the camera. If you swipe the screen down instead of up, it unlocks directly into the camera. They should at least bring that over to phones, especially since Microsoft is pretty intent on killing the camera key...

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My L1520 doesn't care :D

And to be honest I wouldn't like it on my lockscreen, it should stay away. Maybe a down swipe like on W8.1 but who knows.

Liviu Mihoc

May 11, 2015
Visit site
It could be something as simple as: from standby, pressing simultaneously both Vol + & - buttons to take a picture. I wouldn't even need the phone screen to come on (if that makes it easier to code!)

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes we really need a shortcut because swiping down the notification panel and clicking on the toggle is messy......instead if we have a shortcut on lockscreen it would be better

Really?

My testing device, a 630, is really simple.

Swipe, Tap... Done.

And that's messy.... How?

In that you have one extra action to take that takes a fraction of a second to do both actions?

All I see myself doing is accidentally loading my camera more often by grabbing my phone the wrong way or not paying attention.

It's called a lock screen for a reason and that's to prevent you from accidentally doing things you didn't want to.

Every time I want to use my camera on my 930, I always unlock it before I hit the camera button, even though I don't have to.

Montpbm

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
They definitely need to utilize that left side; it's ridiculous that they haven't put something over there yet. We could use a 3rd screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans