How to speak to text in Windows Phone 10?

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
When you type you should see a mic button, push that and start talking and it'll work, this feature only works in some apps though but it may be useable in all apps in the future.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's implemented at the system level... So all apps that use a keyboard will have the ability to do it - unless they have somehow come up with their own keyboard implementation. My guess is that it is tied to Cortana though, so if she isn't enabled (basically if you aren't in the US) then it might not work?

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Which apps are supported right now?I don't see any mic button in any apps when using the keyboard.

SMS, Email, One Note and Cortana have a microphone logo on my Lumia 625 running 8.1. And I am pretty sure that there was a mic in Windows 10 as well, if I remember well.

Hopefully someone that still use Win 10 will chime in on that

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 99452

Here it is.Where's the mic?can you post a screenshot of yours where there is mice?

I don't have anymore on my L625. I roll back..

According to your picture the mic should have been at the top left corner just above the k-board...for some reason you don't have it...

What phone do you have????

and look at this>>>>Your keyboard language needs
to be English(US).

Ali Akbar 7

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't have anymore on my L625. I roll back..

According to your picture the mic should have been at the top left corner just above the k-board...for some reason you don't have it...

What phone do you have????

and look at this>>>>Your keyboard language needs
to be English(US).

I have Lumia 730...But keyboard language is not US.It's India.May be that's why it didn't show.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs