04-09-2015 03:49 PM
57 123
tools
    I have used WP for 2 years and Microsoft products for 25 years, I hoped that Microsoft would build WP into a great platform and was looking forward to WP10. However after long wait and seeing them drag their feet I gave up! And switched to Android, it was a hard decision to sell my 1520 and 920 and move along. The issue I have is it does not take a company as big as Microsoft to build a nice full featured phone OS. They have been draging along waiting for people to come and build it for them, it they don't stop wasting time and get their act together and get a reason for people to consider using it WP10 will not matter.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    If windows 10 fails, that is what in considering too. I'm surprised at how a big company like Microsoft is not successful with their phone os
    nmco9 and nycny like this.
    03-19-2015 04:48 PM
    My opinion is that Microsoft continues to preach to its own choir. Yes it is delivering features that it should have had for year finally. But as long as the first thing potential buyers see is a cluttered start screen it will continue to not sell and when it doesn't sell then it doesn't get apps. 90%+ of smart phone users have spoken. They do not want tiles. It's cluttered and too busy. That was proven on the W8 for desktop. People want icons, background images and a taskbar (iPhone and android use this strategy). We can still keep live tiles similar to widget but having so many tiles on the screen is not a clean look and not elegant. I need to be able to pin my 5 most useful apps to the taskbar and have just a few icons with two live widgets and background image. Multiple start screens would be great too.
    nmco9 likes this.
    03-19-2015 05:59 PM
    My opinion is that Microsoft continues to preach to its own choir. Yes it is delivering features that it should have had for year finally. But as long as the first thing potential buyers see is a cluttered start screen it will continue to not sell and when it doesn't sell then it doesn't get apps. 90%+ of smart phone users have spoken. They do not want tiles. It's cluttered and too busy. That was proven on the W8 for desktop. People want icons, background images and a taskbar (iPhone and android use this strategy). We can still keep live tiles similar to widget but having so many tiles on the screen is not a clean look and not elegant. I need to be able to pin my 5 most useful apps to the taskbar and have just a few icons with two live widgets and background image. Multiple start screens would be great too.
    So you wanna an android phone with MS logo on the back? Live tile are the strong point of WP and the hubs, you take that away and put in icons and yeah you get another android phone
    Lars Rasmussen likes this.
    03-20-2015 07:51 AM
    my post said that I wanted to keep live tiles. I prefer the larger tiles which provide information. I'm just saying adroids start screen is just a cleaner look to me and actually it mimics windows desktop screen.
    nmco9 likes this.
    03-27-2015 10:05 PM
    Lol at these silly threads. How about we just wait to see what happens? If you are dying for these other "amazing" features, then switch to iOS or Android. We won't miss you.

Microsoft owns phone manufacturing. Windows 10 is a strategy that spans across all devices for years to come. They aren't going to dump the OS on phones just because it hasn't gained market share over the past few years. Microsoft will spends years to get what they want.

Apple has been in the PC market for decades. They lost their *** to Windows 95+ and have been at sub 5% market share for nearly 2 decades. But they're still making MacBooks, iMacs, and OSX aren't they? And look, they're starting to turn that market around for themselves now because of their success with iOS.

People just need to chill or GTFO.
    03-27-2015 10:33 PM
    It's coming on Tuesday for almost all Lumia phones lets see how it'll work
    03-28-2015 01:31 PM
    It's coming on Tuesday for almost all Lumia phones lets see how it'll work
    Seems like what Gabe said was just for the PC version share ur thoughts About tomorrows build have fun
    04-09-2015 03:49 PM
57 123