03-17-2015 11:53 AM
81 1234
tools
    All of their social interactivity is done in front of a slab of glass.
    Need to feel for the new generation haha

I wonder how if the 635 would sell like hotcakes if there were an "applock".... Oh wait, no selfie cam :PPP
    Haha...yea...but I rarely use selfie cam...on my L625. Not much of a selfie lover...even if app locker is released it should be for the low tier segment of WP...because those rocking a flagship simply wudnt desire such a feature.. Teenagers will mostly prefer low end and affordable hardware..and it would be best to increase sales in these segment by making that feature available to them...nd MSFT is already paying attention to this segement by releasing affordable hardware...๐Ÿ˜‰
    Yazen likes this.
    03-15-2015 11:13 AM
    The main point is many of them need this feature, if MS needs those people to buy WP then they have to give this feature.
    That's what I pointed in the previous post....๐Ÿ˜‰
    Yazen likes this.
    03-15-2015 11:13 AM
    The main point is many of them need this feature, if MS needs those people to buy WP then they have to give this feature.
    No, they don't need it. Some think they do, but they just don't know any better.
    If MS adds more security features, they should add something that actually works, not a half baked none-solution that some people think provides security but doesn't. At the very least, it should be something that associates privileges with data, rather than apps.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-15-2015 11:29 AM
    No, they don't need it. Some think they do, but they just don't know any better.
    Some?? AppLock is one of the most wanted feature in User Voice page. Its not a big security, but its a small personal security. If MS does not add this feature, many will not think about staying on WP even if they want to.
    And as posted on top, this is mainly used for teenagers
    This feature can be used to pull android users to WP if MS build it in the OS
    Yazen likes this.
    03-15-2015 12:01 PM
    It's always optional! People who don't want will not have to use it! People who want can use it! Hope MS makes it happen.
    Yazen likes this.
    03-15-2015 12:04 PM
    Haha...yea...but I rarely use selfie cam...on my L625. Not much of a selfie lover...even if app locker is released it should be for the low tier segment of WP...because those rocking a flagship simply wudnt desire such a feature.. Teenagers will mostly prefer low end and affordable hardware..and it would be best to increase sales in these segment by making that feature available to them...nd MSFT is already paying attention to this segement by releasing affordable hardware...๐Ÿ˜‰
    Friend in the US, Lumia 635 is $30 USD. No other phone is this cheap for the hardware!!! Not to mention the quality is pretty decent too

Maybe elsewhere it is expensive, however sales are not great in the US.... Ridiculous

Edit: Was trying to imply what you posted lol
    03-15-2015 12:24 PM
    Some?? AppLock is one of the most wanted feature in User Voice page. Its not a big security, but its a small personal security. If MS does not add this feature, many will not think about staying on WP even if they want to.
    Especially when they have $150 Android hardware for $30, </3 635
    03-15-2015 12:29 PM
    Teenagers will mostly prefer low end and affordable hardware..
    You cant say that, any one can buy any phone! I have a L520 and a L1020! Besides they wont release a feature which low end has and high end phones does not have. And a feature like this won't effect any one who does not use it
    03-15-2015 12:42 PM
    You cant say that, any one can buy any phone! I have a L520 and a L1020! Besides they wont release a feature which low end has and high end phones does not have. And a feature like this won't effect any one who does not use it
    Price is a motivator, especially for the average teenager!
    Most teenagers work for their mobiles :)
    03-15-2015 12:50 PM
    Some?? AppLock is one of the most wanted feature in User Voice page.
    Want and need are not the same thing. It's a bad solution that many want, like I said, because they don't know better. I'm not against more security options, I'm just against really bad security options like the one you think you want.
    sahib lopez and rhapdog like this.
    03-15-2015 01:17 PM
    Want and need are not the same thing. It's a bad solution that many want, like I said, because they don't know better. I'm not against more security options, I'm just against really bad security options like the one you think you want.
    Im not telling to remove any feature to put this! What's there to lose if there is a feature like this? There wont be any problem if there is a feature like this because its just a lock which people wont notice who does not want to use it.
    Yazen likes this.
    03-15-2015 02:08 PM
    Im not telling to remove any feature to put this! What's there to lose if there is a feature like this? There wont be any problem if there is a feature like this because its just a lock which people wont notice who does not want to use it.
    Nothing on the face of it, but who knows.. Will certainly be another feature to maintain though, but I do not completely agree with a5cent

I think it is better for OS to have this feature made globally rather than having each app have its own implementation of a pin code, e.g OneDrive.

Microsoft could have API for this, however, not every developer will support it. It is hard impossible to know what apps/personal data each individual person would want to lock/hide.

With this in mind, I do not think an applock is the worst idea. If anyone has a better one, do share :)
    03-15-2015 02:32 PM
    What's there to lose if there is a feature like this?.
    I already explained why. It's a poor solution. It pretends to be about security but is fake security at best. If MS wants to make themselves the laughingstock of the enterprise world, then sure.... why not. If MS wants people to think they are protecting their data while they aren't, and doesn't mind the tech press having a hey day with it once they catch on... sure... nothing to lose.
    03-15-2015 02:35 PM
    I already explained why. It's a poor solution. It pretends to be about security but is fake security at best. If MS wants to make themselves the laughingstock of the enterprise world, then sure.... why not. If MS wants people to think they are protecting their data while they aren't, and doesn't mind the tech press having a hey day with it once they catch on... sure... nothing to lose.
    Hehe, does the lockscreen fall under the same concern, i.e fake security?
    If not, could you please elaborate on your ideas a little further (than you already have)?
    03-15-2015 03:30 PM
    Hehe, does the lockscreen fall under the same concern, i.e fake security?
    Spontaneously I'd say no, but ultimately it depends on exactly what you're talking about. With these types of things the details matter.

If you're talking about a normal lock screen, which prevents users from accessing anything before they provide the correct PIN, then that's not fake security. It does exactly what you'd expect and it's not easily circumvented.

If you're also thinking about things like picture passwords, then we're potentially back in the realm of fake security. It depends...
    03-15-2015 03:45 PM
    It pretends to be about security but is fake security at best. If MS wants to make themselves the laughingstock of the enterprise world, then sure.... why not.
    Spontaneously I'd say no, but ultimately it depends on exactly what you're talking about. With these types of things the details matter.

If you're talking about a normal lock screen, which prevents users from accessing anything before they provide the correct PIN, then that's not fake security. It does exactly what you'd expect and it's not easily circumvented.

If you're also thinking about things like picture passwords, then we're potentially back in the realm of fake security. It depends...
    I told you it's not a fake security, it's a personal security. Lock screen can do is work, applock can also do it together.
    MS would not make a laughing stock! Android is leading because of these features given to them who needs it. Is android a laughing stock for this feature? No! Anyways who would laugh?? You?? Are other people jobless to laugh at MS giving people what they wanted?
    I don't find this feature stupid!
    03-15-2015 08:51 PM
    Useless Androidy feature. It's just another one of those features that people cry about, and when (if) MS implements it, it just gets forgoten and nobody uses it.
    03-15-2015 09:33 PM
    I told you it's not a fake security, it's a personal security.
    Yes, you've said that multiple times. It just doesn't mean anything.
    You can call it whatever you want, that doesn't change the fact that it's terrible at restricting access to data, which is how most consumers misuse it.
    03-16-2015 04:45 AM
    Useless Androidy feature. It's just another one of those features that people cry about, and when (if) MS implements it, it just gets forgoten and nobody uses it.
    You are calling a feature downloaded by millions of people useless ๐Ÿ˜…
    03-16-2015 05:07 AM
    Yes, you've said that multiple times. It just doesn't mean anything.
    You can call it whatever you want, that doesn't change the fact that it's terrible at restricting access to data, which is how most consumers misuse it.
    You are like my mom telling MS not to put this feature so that they can check my phone if the successfully manage to unlock the lock screen :P
    03-16-2015 05:10 AM
    ^ lol, no, I'm actually the exact opposite of that. I don't know why you don't understand, but I'll provide this as my last post on this topic:
    If I wanted to help your mom check your phone, I'd be completely in support of this feature and on your side. I'd also ask MS to implement the app locker feature you want, and I'd also claim an app locker is secure enough...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-16-2015 06:38 AM
    Hold up hold up hold up I have a problem with a statement that doesn't fit well with me .... Since when do teens need an app locker ? I was in high school 2 years ago ( 20btw ) and not one said ahhh if wp had an app locker I will get it over an iOS. I don't know where you are from but from where I am ( the U.S. Mainly California ) most teens care about other things on their phone the LAST thing teens here think about is an app locker. Heck even I don't want such a silly option that is not even worth calling security.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    rhapdog likes this.
    03-16-2015 03:12 PM
    A feature that is kinda useless when you can download an app that can lock your pictures. I say leave it to dev to put that kind of lock .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    03-16-2015 03:21 PM
    An app locker that works would be a welcome addition, though feel that Apps/Kids corner does this well enough... but I for one, don't have stuff worth hiding from people (My life is an open book) & being a lazy person don't even use the pin lock unless am going to any crowded places, cause I find it too tedious to type in the pin every single time.
    Yeah, I'm the same way about the pin. I'm only in public places about once or twice a week. At home mostly.

All of their social interactivity is done in front of a slab of glass.
    Need to feel for the new generation haha

I wonder how if the 635 would sell like hotcakes if there were an "applock".... Oh wait, no selfie cam :PPP
    Yeah... I laughed. :D

"Features" that propose to provide security that can be quickly hacked by any parent isn't security. NOT needed.
    Perhaps you should expend your energy convincing Microsoft, since it isn't happening here, and you currently aren't talking to Microsoft. Not helping, sorry.
    You are calling a feature downloaded by millions of people useless ๐Ÿ˜…
    That's pretty much what was said, yep. Useless when the security won't hold against an average parent. Yeah, I can take an app-locked phone and have access to everything you thought you were hiding VERY quickly. Yeah, that's useless.

What the real problem here is this: teens, who are supposed to be tech savvy, are just blindly believing whatever a developer tells them IF it's what they want to hear.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-16-2015 03:56 PM
    not one said ahhh if wp had an app locker I will get it over an iOS.
    When did i say that they will come to WP?? I said the people who are already using might leave.
    Besides, its one of the most wanted feature. MS should have to give what people want to keep all WP users satisfied
    03-17-2015 02:46 AM
81 1234