Should Windows 10 and Windows 10 for phones support applock ?

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
What's wrong with using a device password and/or the apps corner?

In my L520 it lags! My friends keep asking my phone to check out the OS and i want to give them but i dont want them to check my Whatsapp and Pictures. In apps corner and kids corner u cant get the full OS experience! Instead of these setting they could have added just one app lock setting

Last edited by a moderator:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
most of us want applock
That's quite an assumption.

I haven't used a PIN code etc. on a handset for years. I maintain my privacy by not losing my phone. Entering passwords many times a day to access my information annoys me. I can't think of anything more annoying that having locks on individual apps. That's just crazy talk.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
That's quite an assumption.

I haven't used a PIN code etc. on a handset for years. I maintain my privacy by not losing my phone. Entering passwords many times a day to access my information annoys me. I can't think of anything more annoying that having locks on individual apps. That's just crazy talk.

But many of us are more insecure.
I'm personally for applock, but only for photos and messaging

vicky geth

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Applock feature is the most needed one. Kids corner is just a crap. Either MSFT should give inbuilt app lock feature in settings or make way to third parties to develop the applock app

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft updated the OneDrive app with pin lock. So maybe all built-in/ MS apps will be updated with same in Windows Phone 10 or later on.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
most of us want applock. its difficult to maintain our privacy without applock :(
Most of us do not want app lock. It's easy to maintain our privacy with setting up a lock screen password

Edit: As long as the feature is optional and helps convert over people to Windows Phone I am good with it

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Same goes for me....don't need app lock , even if app lock arrives it has to run in background in real time which would consume a lot of battery juice...so happy without it...

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Well tell me
After you unlock your phone if someone grabs it what will you do?
You are browsing and you find a funny video, you want to show it to your friend but don't want to give the phone to him as he will check out your pictures or messages after he finishes watching, what will you do then?

Well all i know is it will be optional as many don't use this feature as well as many want this feature

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Same goes for me....don't need app lock , even if app lock arrives it has to run in background in real time which would consume a lot of battery juice...so happy without it...

It's will always be optional. If its a setting in the OS then it would not consume battery even a bit. But if its an app then it would take a bit of battery life

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
In my L520 it lags! My friends keep asking my phone to check out the OS and i want to give them but i dont want them to check my Whatsapp and Pictures. In apps corner and kids corner u cant get the full OS experience! Instead of these setting they could have added just one app lock setting

Too bad apps corner doesn't work well on your 520. Apps corner works perfectly fine on my 830. Just don't include WhatsApp, Files, Pictures and the store and it works better than any apps locker.

Just to be clear, it's impossible to protect your pictures using an app locker. Nobody but the most technically incompetent will be kept out of your pictures by such a feature. It's fake security.

Last edited:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
But many of us are more insecure.
I'm personally for applock, but only for photos and messaging
Haha! I never have photos or messages that I'd be concerned about anyone seeing. It's called using common sense in what you keep on your phone.
Well tell me
After you unlock your phone if someone grabs it what will you do?
You are browsing and you find a funny video, you want to show it to your friend but don't want to give the phone to him as he will check out your pictures or messages after he finishes watching, what will you do then?

Well all i know is it will be optional as many don't use this feature as well as many want this feature
When I give someone my phone, it's usually so they CAN look at my pictures. I don't take pictures I'd be afraid of anyone seeing.

Besides, I thought you all used a secondary Android phone so you could use snapchat for that stuff. /sarcasm

Too bad apps corner doesn't work well on your 520. Apps corner works perfectly fine on my 830. Just don't include WhatsApp, Files, Pictures and the store and it works better than any apps locker.

Just to be clear, it's impossible to protect your pictures using an app locker. Nobody but the most technically incompetent will be kept out of your pictures by such a feature. It's fake security.
Exactly. It's every bit as secure as Snapchat, where people are still able to save your pictures.

There are numerous "Photo Vault" type apps in the store that supposedly allow you to keep a particular set of photos secure, and require passwords to decrypt them. As far as messaging goes, there are other secure messaging apps you can use.

If people could just get over doing things that they feel they must hide, the world would be a better place.

If I had pictures I wanted to hide when I was a kid, I had to hide them under my mattress or something, which never worked. My mother always found anything I hid there. (Magazines, photos, etc.)

I think some of the people (not all, mind you, but some) wanting this feature are wanting to "hide" something from their parents more than from their friends, if you know what I mean.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Haha! I never have photos or messages that I'd be concerned about anyone seeing. It's called using common sense in what you keep on your phone.

Well texting family about stuff, and surprising people, and those photos you'd rather not have actually see. (I mean like pictures of personal stuff like teddy bears, hypothetically)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte