The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-17-2015 11:53 AM
81 123 ...
tools
    most of us want applock. its difficult to maintain our privacy without applock :(
    chayansen likes this.
    03-12-2015 05:29 AM
    most of us want applock. its difficult to maintain our privacy without applock :(
    There wasn't any confirmation on this fact! However you can post this in uservoice requesting the feature!
    03-12-2015 05:36 AM
    What's wrong with using a device password and/or the apps corner?
    sahib lopez and Visa Declined like this.
    03-12-2015 05:48 AM
    What's wrong with using a device password and/or the apps corner?
    In my L520 it lags! My friends keep asking my phone to check out the OS and i want to give them but i dont want them to check my Whatsapp and Pictures. In apps corner and kids corner u cant get the full OS experience! Instead of these setting they could have added just one app lock setting
    Last edited by a5cent; 03-12-2015 at 08:16 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary profanity
    vish2801 likes this.
    03-12-2015 06:15 AM
    most of us want applock
    That's quite an assumption.

I haven't used a PIN code etc. on a handset for years. I maintain my privacy by not losing my phone. Entering passwords many times a day to access my information annoys me. I can't think of anything more annoying that having locks on individual apps. That's just crazy talk.
    RJ Priest and Yazen like this.
    03-12-2015 06:28 AM
    That's quite an assumption.

I haven't used a PIN code etc. on a handset for years. I maintain my privacy by not losing my phone. Entering passwords many times a day to access my information annoys me. I can't think of anything more annoying that having locks on individual apps. That's just crazy talk.
    But many of us are more insecure.
    I'm personally for applock, but only for photos and messaging
    techiez, vish2801 and chayansen like this.
    03-12-2015 06:45 AM
    Applock feature is the most needed one. Kids corner is just a crap. Either MSFT should give inbuilt app lock feature in settings or make way to third parties to develop the applock app
    techiez and vish2801 like this.
    03-12-2015 06:48 AM
    Microsoft updated the OneDrive app with pin lock. So maybe all built-in/ MS apps will be updated with same in Windows Phone 10 or later on.
    03-12-2015 06:50 AM
    As long as it's optional. I can't imagine the hell of having to unlock apps.
    RJ Priest and Yazen like this.
    03-12-2015 06:52 AM
    Very much needed. I have atleast 5 friends who are not using WP just because of this(lack of this).
    03-12-2015 06:55 AM
    Most of us do not want app lock. It's easy to maintain our privacy with setting up a lock screen password

Edit: As long as the feature is optional and helps convert over people to Windows Phone I am good with it
    hotphil and nohra like this.
    03-12-2015 07:02 AM
    Same goes for me....don't need app lock , even if app lock arrives it has to run in background in real time which would consume a lot of battery juice...so happy without it...
    03-12-2015 09:07 AM
    Well tell me
    After you unlock your phone if someone grabs it what will you do?
    You are browsing and you find a funny video, you want to show it to your friend but don't want to give the phone to him as he will check out your pictures or messages after he finishes watching, what will you do then?

Well all i know is it will be optional as many don't use this feature as well as many want this feature
    03-12-2015 09:15 AM
    Same goes for me....don't need app lock , even if app lock arrives it has to run in background in real time which would consume a lot of battery juice...so happy without it...
    It's will always be optional. If its a setting in the OS then it would not consume battery even a bit. But if its an app then it would take a bit of battery life
    03-12-2015 09:19 AM
    I dont want an applock app......but i want every app to implement pin lock individually like onedrive
    Raj Poladia likes this.
    03-12-2015 09:22 AM
    I dont want an applock app......but i want every app to implement pin lock individually like onedrive
    Yeah! We must contact the app devs.
    Raj Poladia likes this.
    03-12-2015 09:27 AM
    In my L520 it lags! My friends keep asking my phone to check out the OS and i want to give them but i dont want them to check my Whatsapp and Pictures. In apps corner and kids corner u cant get the full OS experience! Instead of these setting they could have added just one app lock setting
    Too bad apps corner doesn't work well on your 520. Apps corner works perfectly fine on my 830. Just don't include WhatsApp, Files, Pictures and the store and it works better than any apps locker.

Just to be clear, it's impossible to protect your pictures using an app locker. Nobody but the most technically incompetent will be kept out of your pictures by such a feature. It's fake security.
    Last edited by a5cent; 03-12-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    03-12-2015 09:38 AM
    Very much needed. I have atleast 5 friends who are not using WP just because of this(lack of this).
    A friend of mine is ignoring wp just bcoz of this missing feature
    Raj Poladia and vish2801 like this.
    03-12-2015 01:09 PM
    But many of us are more insecure.
    I'm personally for applock, but only for photos and messaging
    Haha! I never have photos or messages that I'd be concerned about anyone seeing. It's called using common sense in what you keep on your phone.
    Well tell me
    You are browsing and you find a funny video, you want to show it to your friend but don't want to give the phone to him as he will check out your pictures or messages after he finishes watching, what will you do then?

Well all i know is it will be optional as many don't use this feature as well as many want this feature
    When I give someone my phone, it's usually so they CAN look at my pictures. I don't take pictures I'd be afraid of anyone seeing.

Besides, I thought you all used a secondary Android phone so you could use snapchat for that stuff. /sarcasm

Too bad apps corner doesn't work well on your 520. Apps corner works perfectly fine on my 830. Just don't include WhatsApp, Files, Pictures and the store and it works better than any apps locker.

Just to be clear, it's impossible to protect your pictures using an app locker. Nobody but the most technically incompetent will be kept out of your pictures by such a feature. It's fake security.
    Exactly. It's every bit as secure as Snapchat, where people are still able to save your pictures.

There are numerous "Photo Vault" type apps in the store that supposedly allow you to keep a particular set of photos secure, and require passwords to decrypt them. As far as messaging goes, there are other secure messaging apps you can use.

If people could just get over doing things that they feel they must hide, the world would be a better place.

If I had pictures I wanted to hide when I was a kid, I had to hide them under my mattress or something, which never worked. My mother always found anything I hid there. (Magazines, photos, etc.)

I think some of the people (not all, mind you, but some) wanting this feature are wanting to "hide" something from their parents more than from their friends, if you know what I mean.
    a5cent and TechFreak1 like this.
    03-12-2015 01:13 PM
    Haha! I never have photos or messages that I'd be concerned about anyone seeing. It's called using common sense in what you keep on your phone.
    Well texting family about stuff, and surprising people, and those photos you'd rather not have actually see. (I mean like pictures of personal stuff like teddy bears, hypothetically)
    03-12-2015 03:02 PM
    Well texting family about stuff, and surprising people, and those photos you'd rather not have actually see. (I mean like pictures of personal stuff like teddy bears, hypothetically)
    So let me get this straight. You're afraid that someone might see pictures of your teddy bears (hypothetically.) Well, hypothetically speaking, I'd say you might want to seek counseling. ;) Are you sure we aren't talking about bears "wearing" teddies?
    03-12-2015 06:13 PM
    The type of person who would snoop around in my phone is not someone I would allow to use it in the first place.
    Bryon Burns, pankaj981 and nohra like this.
    03-12-2015 06:53 PM
    Well tell me
    I'm 6'4" and approx. 225 lbs, if need be ... I'd kick their a$$, that aside, perhaps you need better friends.
    mary beth hale and nohra like this.
    03-12-2015 07:35 PM
    When I hand my phone to my friends, they don't look through my stuff. That's because it's rude to snoop through peoples stuff. I understand peoples desire for individual application locking, but I don't think stock processes should have that, as the OS already has that in the form of a lock screen. Leave it to third party apps to implement. OneDrive has this feature because its context in relation to function. You can store more than just photos on OneDrive, and it's crossed platform. So it's more a security issue, than a privacy one.
    a5cent likes this.
    03-12-2015 07:52 PM
    OneDrive and Telegram messenger ,have been updated with pin lock. Maybe more will follow.
    03-12-2015 08:18 PM
81 123 ...