04-04-2015 03:47 PM
128 ... 456
tools
    I am an Android user, and while I don't like the fact that Windows phone did not had much of a leg to stand on, I am honestly not surprised if Microsoft decides to stop development for their phone OS. A lot of people look at Windows and like the fact that many Windows OS are very useful for productivity and especially when it comes to desktop. IMHO, they do pretty good with the desktop compared to mobile OS, but they just started with mobile OS a while ago.

If there is one app that should be available for Windows phone and it'll make me consider using one, I would enjoy a Windows phone app which is about .iso/.img CD/USB drive emulation. There is an Android app that'll allow me to do which is DriveDroid. That app actually allows me to run several different linux distro, and being able to ditch CD/USBs in favor of smartphone.
    04-03-2015 11:27 PM
    ^^^ Windows involvement in Mobile predates Android by a pretty long stretch of time. They've just redirectioned a lot.

Anyhow...

What I'd do is hope that Jolla Sailfish gets traction. It's a nice UX and a dynamic UI.
    Laura Knotek and EssThree like this.
    04-04-2015 09:41 AM
    Switch to Android most probably.
    04-04-2015 03:47 PM
128 ... 456