04-04-2015 03:47 PM
128 123 ...
tools
    I'm kind of curious. For all the ******* and moaning about MS I do (of which I do a lot haha), Windows is still hands down my preferred OS. I'm not really sure what I would do if they killed phone support, since I find iOS so restrictive and Android's UI so incredibly unfriendly.

What would you folks do? Also feel free to delete this post if someone's already made a thread asking this :)
    03-15-2015 07:16 AM
    IOS is the only solution for me.
    03-15-2015 07:17 AM
    Well... I kinda never left Android (still have a Nexus 5 and recently bought an LG G3) so I've been able to keep up to date with the disappointment of knowing Android is still an unstable catastrophe... so that's off the list.

While I think it's silly to claim loyalist for any one platform, Windows has been the one that has what I need. While Mac/Linux users leap through hoops to virtualize the many things Windows has over them, we have the native support...

... and for all the ******* and moaning going on about the WP "app gap," I haven't found a single thing I did on my Android that I didn't find an alternative for on Windows Phone. GPS navigation, NFC payment, health/exercise, controlling my TV, banking, bill payments, news, social media, real time translation... all of it's there.

... If MS up and stopped, I might have to *choke*... go Apple.
    Last edited by TLRtheory; 03-15-2015 at 07:33 AM.
    03-15-2015 07:22 AM
    I'd settle for iOS
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-15-2015 07:50 AM
    Interesting. I'm wondering if Blackberry would be a viable alternative? I know next to nothing about Blackberry since they never really took off here in Brisbane, as far as I'm aware. It seems dead in the water, but they keep releasing hardware...
    snowmutt and oviedofreak82 like this.
    03-15-2015 07:55 AM
    Wake up just as I always do. My life doesn't revolve around gadgets.
    03-15-2015 08:01 AM
    Probably go to iOS. Android doesn't gel for me.
    03-15-2015 08:08 AM
    ^ This :'D
    03-15-2015 08:10 AM
    I would buy the last flagship of Windows Phone and then painfully switch to Android when it dies
    jaygeek likes this.
    03-15-2015 08:31 AM
    I'd just switch to an iPhone and hope that they revolutionize the keyboard by adding Swype or word flow.
    ven07 likes this.
    03-15-2015 08:37 AM
    That will not happen for a long time! MS bought Nokia, so if they stop making phones they would go under a big loss because their phone division would be useless!

If anything happens, i would go for Apple iOS instead of those stupid Google Android
    03-15-2015 08:38 AM
    won't happen cause it offer an end to end integration with their services
    03-15-2015 09:08 AM
    Blackberry or Sailfish. I am using Jolla and it's my first preference but WP has apps.
    EssThree and AllanQuatermain like this.
    03-15-2015 09:10 AM
    I first I would hold my Lumia close and cry :p. Then I would settle for an iPhone because i don't like android
    Sandeep Parandekar likes this.
    03-15-2015 09:17 AM
    I have an HTC One M7 and this is probably the only Android phone I could see my self ever using. I love the newer Sense UI (version 5+). So my obvious choice would be the HTC M series.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    03-15-2015 10:07 AM
    Mine would be a finding the best android phone I can find
    And slapping Cyanogenmod on it. I'm not comfortable with Google's stock Android or the companies' altered versions.
    Grimlock and Marquis de Faux like this.
    03-15-2015 10:29 AM
    I would move to Android or iOS. Frankly, as long as I can get my bevy of Microsoft services/apps, I'm more than happy to migrate. I love the mobile OS market due to it's extremely competitive and dynamic nature. I have no reason to stick around with one OS when someone can cater to my whims better. Hopefully MS has no intention of killing off Windows OSes on mobile devices. It would be a pretty sharp turn away from their all encompassing strategy.
    Bronislav Klofac likes this.
    03-15-2015 02:27 PM
    They won't.
    realwarder and horseybob like this.
    03-15-2015 02:31 PM
    I don't think it is unrealistic to think that if there is no improvement in market share after 2 years of WP10 they would throw in the towel. Maybe part of the reason why they have their apps on iOS and Android is for that very reason.

But that wasn't the question! I used an iPhone before coming over to WP but that was before Android had their act together. I'd probably have to see what handsets were on the market that time. The thing I really like about Android is the choice of so many different phones, but at least the iPhone has two sizes now.

iOS just felt so restricted and I wouldn't mind having to tinker with Android to get it how I like. But in any case, I'd miss the simplicity and elegance of WP.
    EssThree likes this.
    03-15-2015 03:29 PM
    That will not happen for a long time! MS bought Nokia, so if they stop making phones they would go under a big loss because their phone division would be useless!

They did it once http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/02/tech...tive/index.htm they could do it again. And in this case since practically everyone that doesn't use it couldn't care less it wouldn't make a difference to anyone
    IamJonso likes this.
    03-15-2015 03:56 PM
    Windows Phone will do fine. Even if it remains as the third ecosystem. I think it's unlikely that MS will throw in the towel.
    03-15-2015 03:56 PM
    They did it once Microsoft's $6 billion aQuantive whoopsie - Jul. 2, 2012 they could do it again.
    ​Not going to happen.
    03-15-2015 03:57 PM
    1 - Microsoft did NOT buy Nokia. They bought a division from Nokia. Very, VERY different.

2 - The phone division they bough loses them money. And with their bet on low end, it will only keep losing them money. OEMs only make profits with flagships (there's a reason why Apple only releases overpriced mid-range phones disguised as high end).

So if Microsoft shuts down Microsoft Mobile, they won't be losing anything apart from a burden. Regardless of killing WP with it or not, shutting down Microsoft Mobile would never be a bad decision for Microsoft (although, yes, shutting down MM would mean basically killing WP even faster).
    03-15-2015 05:59 PM
    IF this happen (which i'm sure it will not) today i'd most likely buy a Moto G2 or Zenfone 5. I can't afford much more than that
    EssThree and Schnuffi like this.
    03-15-2015 06:55 PM
    First thing I'd do would be to look for survivors. These threads sound like it would be universal Armageddon if MS quit the mobile phone business. Grow up people, it is just a phone. If a Palm Treo from 10 years ago can still make phone calls, send and receive SMS/MMS and access the internet, it ain't curtains yet. Nobody ever promised you a rose garden.
    gpobernardo, DJCBS and horseybob like this.
    03-15-2015 07:05 PM
128 123 ...