Finally MS considered the use of LED light........WP10 (New build)

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
It would be really awesome to have notification LED. I'm currently using Blackberry Z10 and I gotta say that LED is something I quickly got used to. I wouldn't mind having it on my WP :)

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Favorite bit of that Verge article was this exchange in the comments:

You’re s---ing me – you’re saying Windows Phones didn’t have LED notification support until now? What year is this?
It’s 2015 and iPhones don’t have LEDs either.

I am pretty sure the OPs head exploded at that moment, as he did not bother commenting back.

Erwin0723

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
new devices like 63x, 73x , 535, ,640 and 640xl have on screen buttons. and 520 , 525 etc phones dont have lights on windows button. so notification on windows button is not happing.
haha..boom.. you are right bro,i was think about that also.. but yeah, that's mean we need to upgrade our old lumia devices..

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
personally i dont see this too usefull for already launched phones. so i wont jump on speculations too.
but it excites me: when ms is listening our feedback, the idea of ms looking at hardware limitations defined by os (which are worse than soft limitation by hardware), and the idea of making the function better than just default, by giving users control over it through notification+actions

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
personally i dont see this too usefull for already launched phones. so i wont jump on speculations too.
but it excites me: when ms is listening our feedback, the idea of ms looking at hardware limitations defined by os (which are worse than soft limitation by hardware), and the idea of making the function better than just default, by giving users control over it through notification+actions
It turns out that some of the already launched phones actually have led lights, but the OS doesn't support them. I think this is Nokia's last gift to windows phone :) if you don't believe me, if you have a 730 or 735, look at the top left of the phone, you should see a black circle. Have you ever wondered why that is there?

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess that the people who hated that Cortana etc also goes to Android and iPhone also hate this because Microsoft copied something from other platforms.:wink:

My T-Mobile Wing from Early 2007 had LED notification lights using Windows Mobile 6.... That was before Android or the iPhone even existed, so it's definitely not copied from either of these... I am glad it's coming back, I've definitely missed that feature ever since I replaced my T-Mobile Wing.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
My old N8 had this - very useful!

But on a Lumia 930 - the camera has two LEDs - those will flash? I won't be able to see it unless it is face down....

and how much power does this use? Those LEDs are also really bright.

At night, is my room going to look like a disco?

Anyhow - good news!

TheFunMachine

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm assuming the feature will be for other manufacturers who might want to use LED notifications with their phones rather than for Microsoft phones.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping that this uses the led of the Windows key. I don't want to see a blinking light on my phone. It would look old fashioned and out of place - I just don't want to see an obvious LED on the phone. It was great when my Samsung sph-A900 had a flashing LED for texts / voicemails, because that was a flip phone.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My old N8 had this - very useful!

But on a Lumia 930 - the camera has two LEDs - those will flash? I won't be able to see it unless it is face down....

and how much power does this use? Those LEDs are also really bright.

At night, is my room going to look like a disco?

Anyhow - good news!

930 and 730/735 have LEDs on the front.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99