Finally MS considered the use of LED light........WP10 (New build)

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
if you want to keep glance just active for a couple of minutes a notification LED can be usefull. Could show that my phone is charging and doesn't sit wrong on the wireless charger. could show low battery status in general. could indicate unread notifications. glance can not be seen from 3 meters away. btw windows mobile supported notification LEDs as well

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
new devices like 63x, 73x , 535, ,640 and 640xl have on screen buttons. and 520 , 525 etc phones dont have lights on windows button. so notification on windows button is not happing.
So If one goes by that logic, 520, 620 625, 720, 820, 920, 1020, 1520, 630, 530 don't have LED's so that doesn't make any sense. It would be good to have blinking windows button lights, for i guess 720 onwards.

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
So If one goes by that logic, 520, 620 625, 720, 820, 920, 1020, 1520, 630, 530 don't have LED's so that doesn't make any sense. It would be good to have blinking windows button lights, for i guess 720 onwards.

windows button on 520, 525 dont have lights...
and wmpoweruser.com,already mentioned with pics, 73X has the led light on the top beside the front cam...and they also mentioned 930 too has that. but its hidden, waiting for microsoft to activate the lights :cool:

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
So far we haven't figured whether they gonna use the windows home button for WP8 models or the feature is exclusive to new models 730/735/830/930.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If true, this would be particularly interesting and useful, and it's nice that it can be enabled or disabled in the notification settings. I just hope the behavior of the LED notification can also be customized. I've worked with a developer way back in Windows Mobile on an app of his that allowed the detailed customization of how the LED blinks depending on the status of the phone... customizing the blink rate, blink color, blink duration... making the LEDs imitate how the strobe lights of commercial aircraft behave...

It may be unlikely that this one will be as detailed as that, but I surely hope we could customize it.:cool:

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
windows button on 520, 525 dont have lights...
and wmpoweruser.com,already mentioned with pics, 73X has the led light on the top beside the front cam...and they also mentioned 930 too has that. but its hidden, waiting for microsoft to activate the lights :cool:
No, I am arguing about the point you made of "notification on windows button is not happing". I am not arguing for the LED lights. Just to prove a point, if given the all restrictions if it still would be possible to achieve windows button blinking feature, it would be great. The reason you mentioned is true but that doesn't provide with the reason why Microsoft cannot achieve the button blinking feature.

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
No, I am arguing about the point you made of "notification on windows button is not happing". I am not arguing for the LED lights. Just to prove a point, if given the all restrictions if it still would be possible to achieve windows button blinking feature, it would be great. The reason you mentioned is true but that doesn't provide with the reason why Microsoft cannot achieve the button blinking feature.

undoubtedly blinking lights on windows button will be awesome but its not going to happen... i'm waiting for 640 and xl , hope they both have the hidden led like 73x :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care about the LED notification light. I had it on my Droid Incredible, and while it had its use, I haven't missed it at any time with my 920. My sister complained about not having the LED at the start, but the funny thing here is that she was just telling me a few days ago that her husband's LED light annoys her now. She doesn't even want the thing back, and now it might get here? Heh.

For me, I just want them to stick with IPS LCD. I like Glance a lot, and it shows my notifications just fine. Throw in the existence of the action center, and it's not hard to figure out when I missed something while away from my phone. I don't have a use for the LED light that makes me miss it. If they added it, I might use it. If they went AMOLED, and we lost Glance on the next flagship, then I'd want the LED notification light.

jakbul

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
For those of us that don't have their phones glued to their hands or are using them for work purposes, a blinking notification for missed calls, voice mails, emails and texts is a god send.

As far as whether your phone has an LED that can be flashed or not, who needs one? There's a screen on all phones, no matter the manufacturer. Build in the capability to flash a configurable notification on the screen or flash the associated tile until acknowledged as well as for a length of time defined by the user, then leave it up to the user whether to enable that feature or not. The ability to control the duration and frequency of audible alerts and vibrations should also be a given.

With the computing power of these devices to not build such capabilities into a device is absurd...this isn't rocket science. To withhold these features from users for years is either uncaring or idiotic, take your pick.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
One of the BIG features I missed from my Windows MOBILE devices (6.1, 6.5 etc). The LED would give you a different color based on the notification(adjustable) and you always got a green when your battery was fully charged.

WOW, only took almost 5 years to bring it back, let me guess, they are going to bring finger print unlocking and a pen back too ? Things also from Windows Mobile, 5-7 years ago... Don't go Android or iOS had it first, I had Windows Mobile devices that did that and more...A LONG TIME AGO.

I know some devices had the LED light, like the HTC 8X, wonder if you upgrade it to Windows 10 if it would work....

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping that this uses the led of the Windows key. I don't want to see a blinking light on my phone. It would look old fashioned and out of place - I just don't want to see an obvious LED on the phone. It was great when my Samsung sph-A900 had a flashing LED for texts / voicemails, because that was a flip phone.
then go to notif+actions and deactivate the led notification. see? thats the good addition that ms did: adding it to notification+actions so user could set it up how they want. they dont throw you anything on your throat.

For me, I just want them to stick with IPS LCD. I like Glance a lot, and it shows my notifications just fine. Throw in the existence of the action center, and it's not hard to figure out when I missed something while away from my phone. I don't have a use for the LED light that makes me miss it. If they added it, I might use it. If they went AMOLED, and we lost Glance on the next flagship, then I'd want the LED notification light.
you do know that amoled has nothing with glance(actually it is even more suited for glance), right? display technology has ALMOST nothing to do with glance. (the absence of )display cache/memory is that hardware limitation that sometimes prevents ms to put glance on a phone.

personally i would like MS, and other WP manufacturers, to start to add that LED light for notif. why not, if we can also deactivate it if we dont like it?
about "breathing" home button. im pretty sure it isnt going to happen. some phones dont have lights there, other phones have on screen buttons, and MOST IMPORTANT that button doesnt have an enough powerful light to make its blinking noticeable during daylight. so forget about it. its fancy but not practical.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't really care about the LED notification light. I had it on my Droid Incredible, and while it had its use, I haven't missed it at any time with my 920. My sister complained about not having the LED at the start, but the funny thing here is that she was just telling me a few days ago that her husband's LED light annoys her now. She doesn't even want the thing back, and now it might get here? Heh.

This is how I feel as well. The AMOLED screen on my 735 is great an all. But my complaint isn't about glance, its actually because white colours take up so much battery life. I can see my battery drain while I'm writing long emails. I love the white background but the battery dies so quickly on it :'(

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs