Guys its happening google is dropping hamburger

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
There is no need to worry, as the core apps can be updated via the store as opposed to needing an O/S update. So this change can be addressed pretty quickly.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I was just surfing net then I found this are we again getting what google left YouTube app design update may axe the hamburger menu - GSMArena Blog
MSFT isnt Google! Each go different ways. People who prefer hamburger menu can prefer using a WP if google axes the feature and as user Techfreak said, it can be addressed by app updates as it isn't a OS functionality that needs OS update plus their are feedback options in insider builds which which help MS decide wether to keep it or not, plus uservoice is also there absolutely nothing to worry about this 😉

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Now everyone would say how easy it is to just swipe right and left for navigation. And how Microsoft's hamburger menus are outdated.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Now everyone would say how easy it is to just swipe right and left for navigation. And how Microsoft's hamburger menus are outdated.
Its a matter of preference! People you are from android and habituated with hamburgers menu will definately face problem without it...on the other hand people using windows phone who are habituated to use to device without hamburgers wont face any problem and even if it arrives in Windows phone they wont have a problem..
AS I said only a matter of preference, each have their different opinions based on what suits them best.
If you are using a device with a normal screen size you wont have any problem with hamburgers menu on the other hand those using high end flagship devices of larger screen size may feel difficult using hamburgers aa it cant be operated one handedly. So that's what my point it!

rahul rustagi1

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
MSFT isnt Google! Each go different ways. People who prefer hamburger menu can prefer using a WP if google axes the feature and as user Techfreak said, it can be addressed by app updates as it isn't a OS functionality that needs OS update plus their are feedback options in insider builds which which help MS decide wether to keep it or not, plus uservoice is also there absolutely nothing to worry about this 😉

It will prevent new users from trying wp as the main charm of wp the continuation experience will not be there to change this there must be some kick *** features in wp10

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Bhai desi daal-roti kha, yea hamburger-samburger kha ke kya kerega..

Ya vadapav menu bol sakte hain...

As for this thread, whether Google drops or continues with the damnburger menu, I'm good either way, cause then WP could differentiate from Android that way, albeit by regressing. I still prefer ellipsis & swipe left/right to damnburgers (might also be cause I'm vegetarian)

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Personally I prefer swiping, easier for me. However I think if they are seeking to develop an operating system that is easy for new users these hamburger menus (I'm a bit sad I now know what that means, at first i thought everyone really liked burgers...) are much easier for new users. Its clear immediately what to do, it's the obvious form of navigation.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
There is no need to worry, as the core apps can be updated via the store as opposed to needing an O/S update. So this change can be addressed pretty quickly.

That's not how it works. There are UI standards and guidelines that developers follow. You can't change them willy nilly without causing a ton of inconsistencies. If not in the OS, then at least in the apps we use, which often lag far behind when it comes to conforming to new UI standards. So far that consistency has been one of WP's strong points. Changing those standards (as opposed to just adding to them) is already bad enough. Doing so again after releasing W10M would be catastrophic in terms of UI consistency.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's not how it works. There are UI standards and guidelines that developers follow. You can't change them willy nilly without causing a ton of inconsistencies. If not in the OS, then at least in the apps we use, which often lag far behind when it comes to conforming to new UI standards. So far that consistency has been one of WP's strong points. Changing those standards (as opposed to just adding to them) is already bad enough. Doing so again after releasing W10M would be catastrophic in terms of UI consistency.

True, had a brain-fart-moment :grincry:.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
They're getting rid of Hamburger Menus because they don't fit their Android OS Candy Names like Jellybean or KitKat.

They are instead replacing Hamburger Menus with Banana Splits. You click the Banana, the menu then splits right down the middle of the screen and opens up to multiple ice cream flavour menus options. When you select an option, it gets a cherry on top of the ice cream.

A spoon then floats across the screen and the menu is gobbled up as the phone loads the new menu window.

If you select too many menus too soon from one another, the phone gets a brain freeze, locks up and you have to hard reset the phone.

The Future is Here!

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Exactly! And what will the end result of this be? Everyone who likes the way WinPhone works now will move across to Android but no-one will want to move from Android to WP because it will seem out-dated. That will leave WP with no market share at all. Absolute genius from MS, yet again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99