Would you buy Xiaomi with WP10?

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Xiaomi-windows.jpg
So, Microsoft teamed up with Xioami... kind of. That's absolutely awesome news. At least for me. For a while I was considering Xiaomi Mi4 as my new phone but ultimately decided not to buy it because of Android. If there was possibility to buy Mi4 (I love that design!) but with Windows Phone, I wouldn't think twice about it!

What about you? The only thing I'm slightly afraid of right now is unavailability outside of China. I mean, it's easy to get the phone itself into Europe or USA but if that WP ROM will be available only in chinese...

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'll buy a Lumia with W10😃

But if this gets wider coverage, I'll recommend it to a friend. I mean seriously: You can turn an HTC One M8 into an HTC one m8 for Windows!

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Obviously.
Is there any reason left to buy Lumia?

Buy Xiaomi and enjoy both Android and Windows10.

Reasons to buy Lumia

1.Best cameras (purview,Zeiss lens,OIS,dynamic flash,rich capture,4k,2k,several microphones for Dolby surround sound)
2.Best looking devices alongside apple and HTC..(Samsung,lenovo,huawei,etc..dont make phones that look nearly as good as apple,HTC, or Nokia or wat Microsoft has made so far)
3.clearblack screens
4."hey Cortana" activation
5.Dolby enhancements for listening to music with headphones
6.lumia designs blend better with windows better than any other OEM
7.best support
8. Wireless charging with nicely made matching chargers
9. Glance
10. Color enhancements/adjustability
11. Exclusive apps (atleast as of now til w10
I'm sure there's more but this is all I got for now

But to the OP, if u like the xiami mi4 GO FOR IT😉 I dont see why not, I wud just wait for w10 to be officially available for androids tho

therealcostanza

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I can see this as a good thing for a couple reasons, all speculation, but if true it would a huge boon for MS. if the phone was somehow able to run both OS, that could be seen as a gateway to get people to transition over, and slowly chip away at the Chinese market. some developers likely won't make a universal WP10 app, and I'm sure someone out there wouldn't mind having both on one phone just so they can keep that one app in their pocket if they so choose. at the same time, if they can get a large share of the chinese market to use WP10, that may force some developer's hands to start making WP apps where they have blatantly ignored it in the past. If MS can get 1-2% of the Chinese market, that's probably equal to half the US market.

Vinit Pratap

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Dual boot OSs are always exciting for geeks and when it comes to Xiaomi I think they make good products and their strategy worked well so far by cutting the costs.

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
It most definitely won't be dual boot. You will go with either WP or Android.

But to the OP, if u like the xiami mi4 GO FOR IT�� I dont see why not, I wud just wait for w10 to be officially available for androids tho

I wanna stick with Windows Phone so Xiaomi Mi4 isn't really a choice for me right now. But Mi4 with Windows Phone? I'd stay in line for that. Although I'd worry about that LTE. I live in Europe and Chinese LTE is of little use in here :eek:/

Last edited:

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Reasons to buy Lumia

1.Best cameras (purview,Zeiss lens,OIS,dynamic flash,rich capture,4k,2k,several microphones for Dolby surround sound)
2.Best looking devices alongside apple and HTC..(Samsung,lenovo,huawei,etc..dont make phones that look nearly as good as apple,HTC, or Nokia or wat Microsoft has made so far)
3.clearblack screens
4."hey Cortana" activation
5.Dolby enhancements for listening to music with headphones
6.lumia designs blend better with windows better than any other OEM
7.best support
8. Wireless charging with nicely made matching chargers
9. Glance
10. Color enhancements/adjustability
11. Exclusive apps (atleast as of now til w10
I'm sure there's more but this is all I got for now

But to the OP, if u like the xiami mi4 GO FOR IT�� I dont see why not, I wud just wait for w10 to be officially available for androids tho

1. Agreed.(But considering price range Xioami is better)
2.Design is matter of perspective. (Xiaomi phone design aren't any less than Lumia )
3.Super Amoled, Super LCD 3 etc. Lumia does have a good screen but not the best looking an Xioami also have good looking screen.
4. Cortana also coming on Android(and Android already have OK Google which is available everywhere and it doesn't need SD800 and plus processor to work. It can work on any chipset)
5. May be you don't know but Lumia aren't the best music phone. But again Xiaomi aren't bad in that.(Dolby enhancements also available on other Chinese OEM phones may be soon on Xioami.)
6.Same as 2.
7. Don't know about that. Not much of info available yet.
8.Xioami have fast charging.(Xiaomi Mi 4 - Full phone specifications)
9.Notificationn Light
11. Hahaha. On apps part Xioami have upper hand (in both numbers and quality) Even own MS apps are better on Android than on WP. and what exclusive apps? may be those will also available in ROM.

Now why Xioami over Lumia.( I'll finished in just two points)
1) Price - At half price you will get almost same specs as Lumia Flagship phones(excluding Pureview)
2) Flexibility - You can easily switch between Android and W10 without spending a single penny.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The west has already outsourced much of its manufacturing base to China. I don't want to support the outsourcing of design/engineering to China as well.

So no, I won't ever buy such a device. I'd prefer to spend a bit more, but at least know that I did what I could to prevent my families and friends jobs from being shipped overseas. I doubt there are enough of us to make a difference, but at least I'll have tried.

I'd prefer my dollars go to U.S. or European workers, but virtually anyplace is better than China.

Last edited:

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
The west has already outsourced much of its manufacturing base to China. I don't want to support the outsourcing of design/engineering to China as well.

So no, I won't ever buy such a device. I'd prefer to spend a bit more, but at least know that I did what I could to prevent my families and friends jobs from being shipped overseas. I doubt there are enough of us to make a difference, but at least I'll have tried.

I'd prefer my dollars go to U.S. or European workers, but virtually anyplace is better than China.

I'm with a5cent, When I can, I always try to keep my money in my country, or at the very least out of china <_<

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm with a5cent, When I can, I always try to keep my money in my country, or at the very least out of china <_<

But I do not want give my money to US.
China is also same as US.

Now if I think about this
.. I have live in a cave to do that.

because every tech product is directly or indirectly related to USA and China and no matter what you do, your money going there.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

This post is xenophobous/racist, should be removed.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This post is xenophobous/racist, should be removed.

You really need to lookup the meaning of the word "racist". :-/

Mine is an economic argument against the Chinese government, and is in no way a critique of the Chinese people, which far too often are also exploited and abused by said government.

If you're still confused, note that "China" is a country and being "Chinese" denotes a nationality, meaning neither denotes race. As such, my argument wouldn't be racist, even if it was directed against the Chinese population, which it isn't.

Anyway, if you disagree with a post you are expected to report it. Had you made this type of comment for anybody else's post I would have infracted you for backseat moderating. In this case I'll let your comment stand as it is... for educational purposes.

Any further posts on this topic will be deleted and/or infracted however.

Let's get this thread back on topic...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Chinese are amazing people, they deserve the jobs as much as any other worker in the world. Of course I'd buy a Xiaomi WP.
There are amazing and great people in all countries and of all races and nationalities.

The Xiaomi phone looks nice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I'd surely buy it, it's a great phone. Their Android version is much better than the original. It has a great design and specs too.

2) Flexibility - You can easily switch between Android and W10 without spending a single penny.
Huh? Easily? Ok, you can just flash it to change, but I would not call it "easy".

There's no dual boot, Xiaomi has already confirmed. Even though I believe the 16GB storage would allow easily.

Although I'd worry about that LTE. I live in Europe and Chinese LTE is of little use in here :eek:/
Just check it.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I'd surely buy it, it's a great phone. Their Android version is much better than the original. It has a great design and specs too.

Huh? Easily? Ok, you can just flash it to change, but I would not call it "easy".

There's no dual boot, Xiaomi has already confirmed. Even though I believe the 16GB storage would allow easily.
First thing. Original is Original. Nothing can beat that.

now back to the point

may be not for you but for others .......

Anyway you can also use launchers. or is that also "not easy"?

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
My vision of easy is of really easy. A click away. Of course it's still easy, but still requires some steps. I'd buy just for the possibility to change the OS whenever I wanted, like you I guess.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Would do it in a heartbeat if the price is right (which is not a problem since 90% of Xiaomi phones are bang for bucks, but Android).

Yay for Xiaomi! If Microsoft does not give me a dual sim flagship, I'd get a Xiaomi for my second phone and will still rock my Lumia 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster