Are you Happy Now?

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Well, Tuesday came by and MS just poured us with lot of news. And the good part is that all of them were exciting and surprising for almost all of us. Now let me ask you again. Are you happy now?. Lately all the doubters and whiners flooded this and many forums on how MS has abandoned WP, that WP is not a priority to MS, that MS don't care about WP and its users and blah, blah, blah and more blah, blah, blah.... you get the point right?

Well I hope all these important and great news calm you all down and see where the future of W10 is heading and why it is bright.

Microsoft Partners With Tencent To Offer Free Windows 10 Upgrade Service To Windows Users In China Microsoft Partners With Tencent To Offer Free Windows 10 Upgrade Service To Windows Users In China

Windows Hello Is A New Feature In Windows 10 That Will Allow Users To Use Their Face, Iris, Or Fingerprint To Unlock Devices Windows Hello Is A New Feature In Windows 10 That Will Allow Users To Use Their Face, Iris, Or Fingerprint To Unlock Devices

Microsoft’s Windows 10 Launching This Summer In 190 Countries
Lenovo Windows Phone To Be Available In Mid-Year 2015 Via China Mobile Lenovo's first Windows Phone is launching mid-2015 | Windows Central

Microsoft will let you upgrade to Windows 10 for free, even if you're running a pirated version. Microsoft will let you upgrade to Windows 10 for free, even if you're running a pirated version | Windows Central

Xiaomi Windows 10 preview. More details emerge on how the Xiaomi Windows 10 preview will be distributed | Windows Central

Microsoft describes docking stations for phones using USB Type-C Microsoft describes docking stations for phones using USB Type-C - WMPoweruser

Last edited:

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If they also manage to release a relatively stable build for phones that contains the new mail, photos and Spartan I will be ecstactic!!!

Available, of course, for my 930. :wink:

fanbpunx

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I've been unhappy about is when I see the new outlook app on my mom's Droid max, more jealousy than unhappiness though hahah

yihong kang

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Flash android devices is most important one. We won't be stacked to limited selection. We may be able to get as many choices as android users regarding the hardware.

Docking is another exiting future proof.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Flash android devices is most important one. We won't be stacked to limited selection. We may be able to get as many choices as android users regarding the hardware.

Docking is another exiting future proof.

Don't get your hopes up if your in the US, I would bet that carrier locked/branded phones would block this, as it would be a support nightmare and they will go out of their way to block it.

yihong kang

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Don't get your hopes up if your in the US, I would bet that carrier locked/branded phones would block this, as it would be a support nightmare and they will go out of their way to block it.

Don't worry about the carrier that much. With the push from tmobile and FCC, they are slowly going unlocked phone route. There are already more and more unlocked phones supporting ATT and Tmobile LTE. Once Verizon started VOLTE latter this year (or next year), we will start to get unlocked phones supporting Verizon LTE.

If Verizon becomes the only one who remains locked and doesn't support windows 10, I will switch all the phones in my family to ATT.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The only piece of news that I found exciting was the free upgrade to W10, but we already knew that. I actually wasn't thrilled with the release in summer announcement, because they had already said before that it was going to be in the summer. I would have liked something more specific, like a Aug-Sep timeframe.

Also I really feel like the android thing is way overblown. Probably only be a few phones that support this, not the android flagship devices that everyone is hoping for.

​Not a whole lot has changed!

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't matter if all or just one piece of the news announced yesterday made you happy.. The fact is there was a piece for almost everybody... Cheers!

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I would have been happy, but the new start menu when maximized (For me it's the only way) it looks hideously nasty when you have windows open. I'm so depressed now.

CAbUGeQUkAAeh89.jpg

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter if all or just one piece of the news announced yesterday made you happy.. The fact is there was a piece for almost everybody... Cheers!

Yes, and with Microsoft's stellar history of over delivering, ahead of schedule, and under budget, WCGW? :cool:

Seriously though, things are getting exciting! I'd still like to see a good Surface or even Lumia high end phone though. Hopefully we'll get something with W10P's launch.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how any of that news would ease fears of WP being abandoned. The only WP related news in there is that they're 'experimenting' with one Android phone being able to run w10, followed by that company making it clear that this is an experiment.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't see how any of that news would ease fears of WP being abandoned. The only WP related news in there is that they're 'experimenting' with one Android phone being able to run w10, followed by that company making it clear that this is an experiment.

Really? Well you ain't happy yet, what about if I offer you ice cream? Have a wonderful day and enjoy the weekend that is almost here :winktongue::cool:

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So three of those announcements have to do with features we should have had a long time ago not coming out anytime soon (what like 5 months).

3d touch patents sound like a bunch of gimmicks no one will actually use.

The snapdragon 810 announcement just highlights the fact there are android phones on the market right now with the processor and WP are just getting them in prototypes.

Sorry to be negative but I'm tired if getting hyped over nothing.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
A more apt question would be, are prospective new users happy, because nothing so far looks like it will move the needle for WP significantly (now WM) marketshare wise.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
So three of those announcements have to do with features we should have had a long time ago not coming out anytime soon (what like 5 months).

3d touch patents sound like a bunch of gimmicks no one will actually use.

The snapdragon 810 announcement just highlights the fact there are android phones on the market right now with the processor and WP are just getting them in prototypes.

Sorry to be negative but I'm tired if getting hyped over nothing.

True but is good to finally have them. About the snapdragon 810 MS already stated they'll use it. But shows that MS is working hard to try to bring more OEMs with W10. Now, how can you call 3D gimmick when you n I or nobody has use it? I totally accept if you don't like it but luckily you don't speak for everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb