Different start screen UI shown in WP on Xiaomi Device

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
If these are real, expect an article from Windows Central. If these are fake, then don't expect one.

That's pretty much a good way to determine if something is real or fake.

As for my opinion, they're fake.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Would be cool if it was real. I totally dig the way it looks. Very unique from other devices. *fingers crossed*

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
That's just not intuitive, for a home screen, compared to what we have now. Doubt its real.
It's very intuitive, if you're coming from an iPhone. Those users swipe left and right on the home screen all the time looking for stuff.

But... the time and WiFi icons are in the wrong place on the status bar. I think it's fake. But as another option to choose from, a pivot start screen might be useful.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree that this is intuitive. Every other phone swipes left/right. W8.1 on tablet and PC ..swipes left/right.

I got excited to see it that way, hoping it was real.
Left and right pinned tiles like tablet, swipe up for apps.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It's very intuitive, if you're coming from an iPhone. Those users swipe left and right on the home screen all the time looking for stuff.

But... the time and WiFi icons are in the wrong place on the status bar. I think it's fake. But as another option to choose from, a pivot start screen might be useful.

How is it intuitive to break up the home page into different sections? That's why we have folders. It just adds unnecessary swipes.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
How is it intuitive to break up the home page into different sections? That's why we have folders. It just adds unnecessary swipes.
Go back and read the first sentence which you quoted. It's very intuitive, if you're coming from an iPhone. iPhone users swipe from one group of icons to another. It's what they know how to do. They find a group of tiles which extend downward confusing.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Go back and read the first sentence which you quoted. It's very intuitive, if you're coming from an iPhone. iPhone users swipe from one group of icons to another. It's what they know how to do. They find a group of tiles which extend downward confusing.

You are missing my point. The forced grouping into categories is what's unintuitive. You can accomplish the same thing with our current folders, but atleast then you had a choice. Its a waste of time for anyone who doesn't need icons/tiles separated by category.

Unnecessary actions = unintuitive.

Beyond that, iOS doesn't do that. iOS gives you a choice, just like WP, of grouping them as you please with the option of folders. The ONLY thing this image has in common with iOS is horizontal scrolling.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
You are missing my point. The forced grouping into categories is what's unintuitive. You can accomplish the same thing with our current folders, but atleast then you had a choice. Its a waste of time for anyone who doesn't need icons/tiles separated by category.

Unnecessary actions = unintuitive.

Beyond that, iOS doesn't do that. iOS gives you a choice, just like WP, of grouping them as you please with the option of folders. The ONLY thing this image has in common with iOS is horizontal scrolling.
I don't see anything there that indicates the grouping is forced. Perhaps the user decided what the title of each screen would be and which apps to put there. It could simply be the same as the groups we have now, but with the option of having them side scroll instead of up and down.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't see anything there that indicates the grouping is forced. Perhaps the user decided what the title of each screen would be and which apps to put there. It could simply be the same as the groups we have now, but with the option of having them side scroll instead of up and down.

It could be. We don't know. Im just going off what I can see.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I almost want it to be legit as it shows creativity and style, something that MS has been seriously lacking lately. W10 is basically an ugly version of 8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss