Where is the next build?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
All what we want is just a statement! Some words from Microsoft how it goes on.

"When it?done" is simply not enough. ....

Microsoft don't owe you anything when it comes to the Technical Preview. They're releasing functionality when they decide that they want you to see it and not before.

No guarantees, no promises.

The fact that Gabe is being swamped by demands like this is probably a good pointer towards why he's not responding. I gave up shouting "Are we there yet?" when I was a kid....

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
What I Say

What is the point of having this Insider Technical Preview when Microsoft is keeping everything from us, we are here to help test, find bugs and submit feedback to them, not sit here waiting.

I really appreciate that you want to help but finding bugs and submit a feedback is much quicker done then collecting feedback, prioritize them and solve them.
Finding bugs, testing and giving feedback on your phone can be done in a few hours or maybe a day or 2. So even if there is a faster release of updates there always will be a lot of sitting around and waiting for the next update. (Even if there was every 2 weeks an update)

razor1973

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
Frequency and predictability of builds for Windows Insiders
(March 9th, 2015)

"[FONT=WOL_Reg]Today is 3/9 and we want to ensure we get a build out in March. If we communicated a target date, to be sure we could meet our commitment we’d likely pick a date like 3/26. It gives us time to stabilize and it’s on a Thursday (we usually like to avoid Mondays and Fridays.)[/FONT]"

That to me is somewhat embarrassing. It's Gabe Aul that said this. Not rumors. Not assumptions.

Nobody is hating on MS. If anyone here hated MS... well, they wouldn't be here. This is where people (who love MS and MS products) come to discuss all things W10TP for phones. That would include release dates for future builds.

razor1973

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
And it's not a guarantee either, or a commitment.
We're all aware of that. People would be talking to their Lawyers and not posting in a forum if that wasn't the case. Again, I see nothing abnormal about people claiming MS is slacking on the Windows Insider program. In fact, they've kind of hinted at this themselves by saying they'll pick up the pace with the Fast ring.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I really appreciate that you want to help but finding bugs and submit a feedback is much quicker done then collecting feedback, prioritize them and solve them.
Finding bugs, testing and giving feedback on your phone can be done in a few hours or maybe a day or 2. So even if there is a faster release of updates there always will be a lot of sitting around and waiting for the next update. (Even if there was every 2 weeks an update)

We can get things done faster with the tens of thousands of Insiders as compared to their own hundred of Internal staffs/testers.

amit gatte

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I am now on windows phone 8.1, whenever the next build comes of windows 10 for phones, will I get the older build first and then again download the new build and install it or I am gonna get the new build directly and install it in first time?.

razor1973

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
I am now on windows phone 8.1, whenever the next build comes of windows 10 for phones, will I get the older build first and then again download the new build and install it or I am gonna get the new build directly and install it in first time?.
Once you sign up with the Windows Insider program, you will get whatever built is the latest at that time when you check for updates.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Frequency and predictability of builds for Windows Insiders
(March 9th, 2015)

"[FONT=WOL_Reg]Today is 3/9 and we want to ensure we get a build out in March. If we communicated a target date, to be sure we could meet our commitment we’d likely pick a date like 3/26. It gives us time to stabilize and it’s on a Thursday (we usually like to avoid Mondays and Fridays.)[/FONT]"

That to me is somewhat embarrassing. It's Gabe Aul that said this. Not rumors. Not assumptions.

TBH, I understand you completely. This is what MS gets for giving both OSes the same (or at least a very similar) name, thereby making it very difficult for many people to differentiate between the two, but also for MS to be clear about what they're talking about. It really shouldn't be embarrassing. MS released the new W10 TP before that stated deadline.

Fact is that what you quoted is in reference to W10. That has absolutely nothing to do with the insider program for W10M.

razor1973

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
TBH, I understand you completely. This is what MS gets for giving both OSes the same (or at least a very similar) name, thereby making it very difficult for many people to differentiate between the two, but also for MS to be clear about what they're talking about. It really shouldn't be embarrassing. MS released the new W10 TP before that stated deadline.

Fact is that what you quoted is in reference to W10. That has absolutely nothing to do with the insider program for W10M.
I couldn't agree more. The day they announced it would all have the same name, I thought it was a terrible idea. This is an example of that idea backfiring. Yes, in retrospect, it was obvious they were obviously referring to the desptop/tablet version only. That day, however, this wasn't nearly as obvious. Those with a Mac at home and a Windows Phone device (it could happen!) are reading this article with the same anticipation as that person with a Windows desktop and a Dell Venue Pro tablet. They shouldn't.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. The day they announced it would all have the same name, I thought it was a terrible idea. This is an example of that idea backfiring. Yes, in retrospect, it was obvious they were obviously referring to the desptop/tablet version only. That day, however, this wasn't nearly as obvious. Those with a Mac at home and a Windows Phone device (it could happen!) are reading this article with the same anticipation as that person with a Windows desktop and a Dell Venue Pro tablet. They shouldn't.
Yup. I've been beating that same drum here on WCentral ever since that day too. The first few months I did nothing but explain/justify why these aren't actually the same OS. Now that MS has admitted as much things are better, but still, just like you said it's still far from optimal :-/

You need to be really careful and aware of the differences when reading these blog posts, and even then, sometimes you just can't know...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea