Icon to get next windows 10 technical preview

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Thats okay I would rather have all the bugs worked out since this is my daily phone. Ive thought about getting a 928 for the windows 10 preview

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I think I'll pass until it is released for developers. I had no major issues with WP8.1 DP when it was released last year. By that time, it will be (mostly) ready to be released to the carriers. Hopefully, Verizon will be a little quicker off the start this time.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had it for my Icon when it came out, was alright just buggy is all and hell on my battery. Anybody get insider slow and insider fast for the Windows insider app a couple days ago? I had finally gotten that option Friday night where as before I got the there is no preview for your phone at this time, message.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, was hacked. Just lagged a tad switching backgrounds, background pic didn't move when you scrolled up or down on the start screen, battery wasn't the greatest, the cellular toggle went missing or no option to put as and all the fonts were smaller.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, Microsoft BUILD conference is coming in 8 days ... does anyone think we will get an "option" for Windows 10 Insider for the Icon "BEFORE" BUILD?

AFransella

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't look like it, but maybe during or shortly after. Hopefully the version Icon gets is more stable and reliable than the current flavour.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So the Windows Insider app on my Icon just got an update. SO I ran it and instead of giving me an error about not being allowed to participate, I got to choose slow or fast ring. It rebooted my phone. I did an update check and its downloading updates. ????

UPDATE: Looks like it was starter files to get the next release.

Last edited:

timmmyk

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
So the Windows Insider app on my Icon just got an update. SO I ran it and instead of giving me an error about not being allowed to participate, I got to choose slow or fast ring. It rebooted my phone. I did an update check and its downloading updates. ????

UPDATE: Looks like it was starter files to get the next release.

I've done this, actually been checking daily, and still nothing. Anyone heard anything?

Cheers 🍻

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Which is odd.... Indicating there is some difference other than radios between the two. I think most presumed radios where the only meaningful difference between them.

Read a while ago that the difference was in the screen which is why double tap would work on the 930 but not on the 929.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss