What Windows 10 UI Design Lacks so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It lacks just about everything that we've known to expect from WP. I will say that the keyboard and the expanded action center look nice though. The rest can be thrown in a dumpster.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It lacks just about everything that we've known to expect from WP. I will say that the keyboard and the expanded action center look nice though. The rest can be thrown in a dumpster.

I know right.. I'm sick of everyone being a sheep.. Copying other companies in design.. Is it really that hard to be original? I know it's hard because I deal with stuff like that, but there's always space for improvement.. I hope that UserVoice will have an impact on the decisions.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I know right.. I'm sick of everyone being a sheep.. Copying other companies in design.. Is it really that hard to be original? I know it's hard because I deal with stuff like that, but there's always space for improvement.. I hope that UserVoice will have an impact on the decisions.
The problem is that WP was actually original, its design was different and new, but unfortunately that's all gone in 10. Why can't Microsoft keep their nice design?

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that WP was actually original, its design was different and new, but unfortunately that's all gone in 10. Why can't Microsoft keep their nice design?

Exactly.. I'd like to see some color, UI elements, change here and there.. But not an old design they are using in 10. Universal apps up or down..

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Knee jerk reactions as usual...

None of you know what the UI will look like. More conjecture as usual. It's what I have come to expect from Windows Central and a lot of WP users in general.
If all of you know better, you would already being working at MS.....

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

None of you know what the UI will look like. More conjecture as usual. It's what I have come to expect from Windows Central and a lot of WP users in general.

Stupid thought process right there and horrible belittling attitude. So that means just because people don't work at Microsoft that they don't know what looks visually appealing or not ? Dumb thought. Especially if they are paying their money to buy a WP device and supporting Microsoft, they have a right to express their displeasure.
Against what you said, if Microsoft had all the answers to everything then maybe WP would have succeeded further than what it is now huh ? Please. Get off your high horse.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Actually it's mostly coming from people who Really care about Windows Phone and Microsoft fans who are getting tired of coming soon? and tbh there are better concepts out there.

-> Current <- W10 design and it's idea is a big downgrade

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Stupid thought process right there and horrible belittling attitude. So that means just because people don't work at Microsoft that they don't know what looks visually appealing or not ? Dumb thought. Especially if they are paying their money to buy a WP device and supporting Microsoft, they have a right to express their displeasure.
Against what you said, if Microsoft had all the answers to everything then maybe WP would have succeeded further than what it is now huh ? Please. Get off your high horse.

Your answer is exactly what I would expect.. Your post is more than a little condescending. Please listen to your own advice concerning 'high horses'...
Any time that anyone has an opinion that is counter to what has been said, out come the knives...

As I said, no one knows what the final UI will be, but everyone knows the answer, or thinks they do.

What would happen if MS 'nailed it', and WP10 was everything we hope for, or more? Would any of you say, 'We were wrong!!' I doubt it...

I also 'care' about WP, but the way I see it is that MS dropped this glorious OS in our laps, Surely they know a little about what is needed to be done?? Obviously with the help of constructive feedback (which MS enabled, by the way), they will get there. I'm just a little tired of the 'it's ugly, this is what it should look like' comments... Concept after concept knocked up in Photoshop, good though they may be, is not the same as programming a working OS...

Let's just give MS the benefit of the doubt, instead of sticking the boot in if the screenshots or Technical Preview is not quite up to what you expect...
Those engineers and programmers are working their a**es off. They must feel like giving up some days if they read some of the comments on Win Central...

Faith, people, that's all I'm saying... Spread the love for the our OS...

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Your answer is exactly what I would expect.. Your post is more than a little condescending. Please listen to your own advice concerning 'high horses'...
Any time that anyone has an opinion that is counter to what has been said, out come the knives...

As I said, no one knows what the final UI will be, but everyone knows the answer, or thinks they do.

What would happen if MS 'nailed it', and WP10 was everything we hope for, or more? Would any of you say, 'We were wrong!!' I doubt it...

I also 'care' about WP, but the way I see it is that MS dropped this glorious OS in our laps, Surely they know a little about what is needed to be done?? Obviously with the help of constructive feedback (which MS enabled, by the way), they will get there. I'm just a little tired of the 'it's ugly, this is what it should look like' comments... Concept after concept knocked up in Photoshop, good though they may be, is not the same as programming a working OS...

Let's just give MS the benefit of the doubt, instead of sticking the boot in if the screenshots or Technical Preview is not quite up to what you expect...
Those engineers and programmers are working their a**es off. They must feel like giving up some days if they read some of the comments on Win Central...

Faith, people, that's all I'm saying... Spread the love for the our OS...

Sigh. . You're the one trying to discourage people from posting their opinions about an upcoming OS that Microsoft ASKED for our help. The people here have a right to say if its not visually appealing or not. It doesn't matter of developers worked their butts off to create something that the majority of people do not like. It serves no purpose.
We all want this platform to succeed. We all will like and hate some of the UI. But discouraging people from discussing it is wrong. I get what you're saying but I feel you approached it in the wrong tone and viewpoint. I apologize also for being harsh.
You're saying no ones know how the UI will look at final build but we are clearly seeing progress and its ACTIVE and BLATANT transition away from metro right ? So we cant wait and just be hush about because that's what a preview is for. To give our opinion and help shape ad mold this before its too late.
I'm sure they're working hard at Microsoft and we appreciate it, but don't change anything that wasn't broken and what made us distinct. This is the passion of dedicated microsoft fans who want to see the platform evolve giving their opinions here and it may come off as nagging and harsh but its also because of all the numerous time Microsoft has got it wrong in the past.
But this time we have a voice and were using it as much as possible.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
They should evolve Modern/Metro, not throw it away for something that is half as functional as it is now and clearly an old design. There's a reason I've moved to WP from Android. While Android is going WP, WP is going Android.. Material design is now awesome and they are moving to no-hamburger, swipe design. I already love the design of the current 8.1 Update 1 version of Windows Phone. I'd just like to see some color & transparency here and there, smaller fonts (titles), new icons (design), improved keyboards + it's design, features, more APIs and custom keyboards.. And yeah don't fix what's not broken :) keep the 3 dots.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I have defended hamburger like apps until I installed Windows 10 for phones today.. Had to roll back to 8.1 I'm way more happy with 8.1 now hahahah. ✔✔

And for a positive thought for Microsoft. Seriously keep your design, just improve it. It already rocks.

When I show my WP to people, they only complain about the tiles and wallpaper... So yeah we need a wallpaper all over the place :) .. Tiles, well that's a hard one sometimes.. I however like it and I'm sure it will catch.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have defended hamburger like apps until I installed Windows 10 for phones today.. Had to roll back to 8.1 I'm way more happy with 8.1 now hahahah. ✔✔

And for a positive thought for Microsoft. Seriously keep your design, just improve it. It already rocks.

When I show my WP to people, they only complain about the tiles and wallpaper... So yeah we need a wallpaper all over the place :) .. Tiles, well that's a hard one sometimes.. I however like it and I'm sure it will catch.

Exactly. Why chase the competition and conform when the competition is abandoning their own design to make it more simplistic like WP ? Isn't this enough evidence ?
We have an amazing system. No need to change especially when they don't even like their own design ?
This goes to show that following the crowd is not always the right answer.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Sigh. . You're the one trying to discourage people from posting their opinions about an upcoming OS that Microsoft ASKED for our help. The people here have a right to say if its not visually appealing or not. It doesn't matter of developers worked their butts off to create something that the majority of people do not like. It serves no purpose.
We all want this platform to succeed. We all will like and hate some of the UI. But discouraging people from discussing it is wrong. I get what you're saying but I feel you approached it in the wrong tone and viewpoint. I apologize also for being harsh.
You're saying no ones know how the UI will look at final build but we are clearly seeing progress and its ACTIVE and BLATANT transition away from metro right ? So we cant wait and just be hush about because that's what a preview is for. To give our opinion and help shape ad mold this before its too late.
I'm sure they're working hard at Microsoft and we appreciate it, but don't change anything that wasn't broken and what made us distinct. This is the passion of dedicated microsoft fans who want to see the platform evolve giving their opinions here and it may come off as nagging and harsh but its also because of all the numerous time Microsoft has got it wrong in the past.
But this time we have a voice and were using it as much as possible.

Thanks for your reasoned reply.

I'm not discouraging anybody from saying what they wish to say, I'm just giving my 'opposing' view for the sake of some balance. As such, my views on this are just as valid as the counter arguments...
I just feel that people are too quick to lambast MS for their efforts. They seem to be trying to please everyone and no one!!!

We are lucky, as we are seeing a phone OS being born; warts and all. I like the new direction that MS is taking with their open stance and willingness to engage with their users. This way of working is quickly being adopted by their competitors. No doubt said competitors will take the credit for this way of working!!!

From what I have seen, I like the new look. It strikes a lot of parallels with Windows 10 in general, and that was what MS proposed in the beginning.

I for one, think they will deliver... in spades.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss