This could be the future of Windows Phone

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Couple things:

1: Don't like the dialer - still not sure why they changed in 8.1. The location of End Call, Speaker, etc was pretty intuitive on 7-8.

Then they went and uglified it and increased visits to thumb doctors and shunted it down to the bottom.

2: Would still kill for horizontal scrolling quick toggles in the pull down (add as many as you like, simply swipe sideways - guess that's out along with anything Metro/Modern/not-Android-or-iOS copied)

Bonus 3: double kill for notification/search/everything area to the "left" of the Start screen.

Off to pound head against wall and wait for the actual done in MS Paint version of W10 to arrive...

TASWinFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I really love the concept. If MS ever came out with one of these i would grab it. The phone is slim, has metal corners and the UI is truly appealing. Someone needs to get Joe Belfiore & Stephen Elop to have a look at this. :smile:
By all means if you can get there attention that would be awesome. Let's get this stuff out there

TASWinFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Everytime I see a good concept, I die a little bit inside, because I know Microsoft will just push it away and make something that won't come even close to it.
I still can't believe - how does ONE GUY make such a masterpiece, and then there's who-knows-how-many people working on Windows (Phone) and they make something that a 10 year old kid could make in Paint. And the worst part is that they all agree on it, they say 'Yes, that's what we want'.

As for the concept, I really like it. One of the things I like the most is the transparency. If there was anyway I could have it on WP, I'd do it. The store app was amazing, so was the action center.
If this ever happened, Windows would spread out way-way faster.

I agree!!! One of the reasons I fell in love with WP; concepts! I saw a concept for a Surface Phone and I thought to myself, if one guy sitting behind one PC can do this, imagine what a lot of WP enthusiast in one room could do.. That surface phone never surfaced tho lol

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I agree!!! One of the reasons I fell in love with WP; concepts! I saw a concept for a Surface Phone and I thought to myself, if one guy sitting behind one PC can do this, imagine what a lot of WP enthusiast in one room could do.. That surface phone never surfaced tho lol
Ayyyyy :D

but yeah, it's a sad story. And I really don't understand why. Don't they want their customers happy? Don't they need our money?

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, my first thought was that it's a blatant copy of Lollipop.

As stupid as it sounds.....look up the issues of the law suit between Apple v Google.
Button design and Layout. Huge money just for a Home Button....also the design of the Dialer "Icon"

Now seeing that Lollipop came to Market first with the Lollipop look of the home row, and the fact that Google has been less then friendly to Windows Phone....first not building a Youtube app, then blocking the one from Microsoft.......

I don't think the design is bad, just something that should be reworked to have the official Windows Phone Icons put back.

TASWinFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
As stupid as it sounds.....look up the issues of the law suit between Apple v Google.
Button design and Layout. Huge money just for a Home Button....also the design of the Dialer "Icon"

Now seeing that Lollipop came to Market first with the Lollipop look of the home row, and the fact that Google has been less then friendly to Windows Phone....first not building a Youtube app, then blocking the one from Microsoft.......

I don't think the design is bad, just something that should be reworked to have the official Windows Phone Icons put back.

If you are referring to button on the phone, the buttons are generic and not what the concept is trying to focus on, instead, it is focusing on the UI design and especially the blur effect on the tiles.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

".look up the issues of the law suit between Apple v Google"

So he could be sued over concept images?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077