Surroundings adaptive wallpaper

Hugo Sundberg

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I just had an amazing id?a. What if, your phone automatically snaps a really low resolution picture in the backround and then sets the picture as a blurred-out wallpaper for your phone. Imagine this happening periodically and you are sitting outside in the grass (for an example) and your wallpaper becomes a nice blurred green. You are then going out in the evening and your background becomes an eye-friendly dark blurred wallpaper. As when you?re walking in the sun and your wallpaper becomes nice and bright. I personally would LOVE this feature! (if it could be made whitout stabbing the battery to death) and i don?t think i would be the only one loving this feature. Tell me what you think!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I just had an amazing id?a. What if, your phone automatically snaps a really low resolution picture in the backround and then sets the picture as a blurred-out wallpaper for your phone. Imagine this happening periodically and you are sitting outside in the grass (for an example) and your wallpaper becomes a nice blurred green. You are then going out in the evening and your background becomes an eye-friendly dark blurred wallpaper. As when you?re walking in the sun and your wallpaper becomes nice and bright. I personally would LOVE this feature! (if it could be made whitout stabbing the battery to death) and i don?t think i would be the only one loving this feature. Tell me what you think!

Sounds like an upgraded feature of what some weather apps do right now - they download a photo uploaded to Flickr based on your location, where the app would use the photo that was taken near your actual location as the background.

Interesting idea, not sure how this will be implemented due to the battery requirements of running the camera, but I guess the phone should be smart enough to take a photo only when the phone is not inside a pocket, a pouch, a bag or any case that covers the camera... otherwise the background would most of the time be a black image.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven